PDA

View Full Version : When is the new IG Codex?

JManJump
02-10-2011, 10:50
Sorry for posting in the wrong forum (yet again) but I'm wondering when we should expect a new IG Codex?
And perhaps some rumours about what we should expect and what we would like would not hurt either I suppose
Cheers

-Loki-
02-10-2011, 10:56
Not until the next edition.

Why you want one is beyond me though. They have one of the best currently anyway.

marv335
02-10-2011, 11:05
I wouldn't expect one for two or three years at the very least.

JManJump
02-10-2011, 11:42
Not until the next edition.

Why you want one is beyond me though. They have one of the best currently anyway.

This will lead to another post about the next edition don't worry.
and I'm bored out of my mind so I'm throwing a few post's around.

Sami
02-10-2011, 11:46
When every army who hasn't had a codex released after the latest IG one gets updated :).

Axeman1n
02-10-2011, 12:49
I want one, but only so I can get an update to my catachans.

cool-kid-on-the-block
02-10-2011, 13:08
why would you want an update to an army that is powerfull and has tons of options. they are at the top of their game at the moment.

MajorWesJanson
02-10-2011, 15:09
3-4 years I'd say.
IG Really don't need much. Couple new units as usual.
Thunderbolt to cover proper flier slot.
Elite slot mini-artillery (Rapier/Thudd Gun/Heavy Mortar)
Bring back Gaunt, Schaffer, and maybe Macharius.
Balance fixes-
Move Vendettas to Heavy Support.
Make Valkyries Dedicated Transport option for Stormtroopers in addition to FA slot. Drop price on Stormtroopers.
Few more psychic power options for Primaris and Battle Squad.
Improve Priest and Techpriest.
Buff Ogryns/drop price.
Do something with Ratlings.

Print book, make kits to match, done.

Okuto
02-10-2011, 15:18
Indeed why do you want one before say.....

Chaos Marines
Eldar
Tau
Orkz
Nids
Black Templars

Is beyond me....

There are more deserving armies than us IG players, plus GW spoiled us enough as it is(actually GW spoiled all Imperium based armies)

6th edition is suppose to be most xeno focused and I hope so as I'm tired of anything beakie....let alone human...

Chem-Dog
02-10-2011, 16:45
why would you want an update to an army that is powerfull and has tons of options. they are at the top of their game at the moment.

Would you be complaining if it were an exercise in toning down? :)

3-4 years I'd say.
Balance fixes-
Make Valkyries Dedicated Transport option for Stormtroopers in addition to FA slot. Drop price on Stormtroopers.
Buff Ogryns/drop price.

Chimerax, Chimerro and Chimedon :D

Arhalius
02-10-2011, 18:26
Indeed why do you want one before say.....

Chaos Marines
Eldar
Tau
Orkz
Nids
Black Templars

Is beyond me..

Not to mention Vanilla Marines, Dark Angels and Daemons

I would say it's 3 to 4 years away.

Hanzou
02-10-2011, 18:30
Yes which doesnt really bother me as long as they keep the current power level for new releases (which they did with DE).

GenerationTerrorist
02-10-2011, 18:55
Didn't IG get a new book only 18 Months ago?

bocaj
02-10-2011, 19:21
Not to mention Vanilla Marines, Dark Angels and Daemons

And necrons ;) But why marines they don't need updating tbh.

agurus1
02-10-2011, 19:34
Um hopefully not for a while, it's mostly perfect besides a few too obvious choices. My Vostroyans are loving the current 'dex. Quite honestly we are probably at the bottom of the list, but it's fine by me!

Minsc
02-10-2011, 20:51
Funny topic. I realize that the OP wants to start a discussion, but asking when one of the best (if not the best) army in the game is getting new rules feels somewhat...pointless.

Ba'al Starslayer
02-10-2011, 21:10
They need updating now!!!
As do Space Pups :D
Vendettas need to be more expensive, and Heavy choices. I hate those things...

Aesaar
03-10-2011, 01:49
The Vendetta should be dropped entirely and replaced with the Vulture. Much, much cooler aircraft.

Bestaltan
03-10-2011, 02:14
Word is they'll get a codex update right after Nid players get their second wave of model releases. ;)

AlphariusOmegon20
03-10-2011, 02:19
3-4 years I'd say.
Balance fixes-
Buff Ogryns/drop price.

I'd say closer to 7-8 years away from now personally, considering how slow GW is with releases.

carldooley
03-10-2011, 02:47
I'd say closer to 7-8 years away from now personally, considering how slow GW is with releases.

It'll be entertaining to see what GW does with the other Codecii if it takes as long for them to update the current IG list as it did for them to update the previous one. And for them to raise the bar (with the other codecii) so that the current IG Codex is as derided as the last one was when it was updated.

Chem-Dog
03-10-2011, 04:08
They need updating now!!!
As do Space Pups :D
Vendettas need to be more expensive, and Heavy choices. I hate those things...

You do realise that Vendettas as Heavy Support would mean MOAR fast skimmers on the table, Vendi's in HS, Valks in FA. Even more expensive AND sans Transport they'd be a good choice and thematically an all airborne army would look so preposterously awesome that it'd be very common.

It'll be entertaining to see what GW does with the other Codecii if it takes as long for them to update the current IG list as it did for them to update the previous one. And for them to raise the bar (with the other codecii) so that the current IG Codex is as derided as the last one was when it was updated.

It'll take a massive nerf to the core rules to make IG that miserable again, you'd have to ruin Tanks, Skimmers or Squadrons or come up with something worse than Kill Points to make them suffer, and a great many other armies will suffer for those kinds of changes too.

Not saying it can't happen though.

The Marshel
03-10-2011, 04:29
And necrons ;) But why marines they don't need updating tbh.

i dont think its so much a case of marines needing an update as it is marines needing it ever so slightly more then guard (which is still virtually not at all)

JManJump
03-10-2011, 11:27
I'm still new (conpared to you old farts) at 40k and I have been bord lately but I do agree it is a flexable army, few problems here and there I wanted to address.