PDA

View Full Version : 6th Ed Eldar / Wraithguard Question

bunkertube
02-10-2011, 15:56
G'day guys,

I would just like your thoughts on the following situation.

With all the rumours running around at the moment about a new Eldar book for 6th ed.

Do you think Wraithguard will operate similar to how they currently do?

I personally have an all wraithguard army which i've put some serious effort into, as you could imagine i'd be pissed if the ability to run 10 as a troops choice disappeared.

Thoughts?

Tay051173096
02-10-2011, 16:07
Maybe... It depends on what other units get added and moved in the future release.

I expect the unit to remain the same, maybe a slight pointys change but thats about it.

ForgottenLore
02-10-2011, 18:02
With all the rumours running around at the moment about a new Eldar book for 6th ed.

There are a bunch of Eldar rumors? I thought all we had were a couple comments from stickmonkey and a huge thread explicitly titled 6th ed WISHLIST.

Misfratz
02-10-2011, 18:02
If achanges were to happen to Wraithguard it's most likely that it would be because they had a new model to adjust the rules for. In the best case scenario this would be a plastic set - in which case it would be counter-intuitive to see GW then restricting the ability to take Wraithguard as a large part of an army.

Helicon_One
05-10-2011, 17:19
Operate similar to how they currently do? Well, I'm pretty sure that whatever happens with the new edition and next Codex, Wraithguard will still be tough, expensive, slow, and with a powerful but somewhat unpredictable gun. That's unlikely to change since its the fundamental character of the unit.

enygma7
05-10-2011, 21:34
Nobody knows.

However I can't see GW removing the option of using an Iyandan theme ghost army or making it less viable. In the 4th ed codex they deliberately made it possible to theme any of the major craftworlds using the standard list. They do tend to hose previous power builds that went against the fluff or "must have" units that shouldn't be, which is why the wraithlord got a nurfing in the 4th ed codex. Since the ghost army isn't an unfluffy power build and none of the units that make it up are currently overpowered you should be fine. If anything, I'd look forward to your army getting a potentual boost.

Spell_of_Destruction
06-10-2011, 00:13
Nobody knows.

However I can't see GW removing the option of using an Iyandan theme ghost army or making it less viable. In the 4th ed codex they deliberately made it possible to theme any of the major craftworlds using the standard list. They do tend to hose previous power builds that went against the fluff or "must have" units that shouldn't be, which is why the wraithlord got a nurfing in the 4th ed codex. Since the ghost army isn't an unfluffy power build and none of the units that make it up are currently overpowered you should be fine. If anything, I'd look forward to your army getting a potentual boost.

Agreed. It's now a well established list and I can't see any reason for GW to get rid of it. Of course I'm perhaps being a little generous in assuming that GW would not choose to needlessly alienate some of its customers. ;)

big squig
06-10-2011, 00:23
I hope they get a plastic kit

Starchild
06-10-2011, 00:36
I fear that all we'll get is finecast versions of the same models. :(

Spell_of_Destruction
06-10-2011, 01:26
Surely the remaining vestiges of the 2nd ed range will be replaced with our next release? Then again the most recent WL model is essentially a large WG so their look is still current.

They are actually still fine models IMO (as is pretty much everything from that range) but given the cost of making a single unit they have been crying out for plastics for years.

chromedog
06-10-2011, 09:42
I fear that all we'll get is finecast versions of the same models. :(

That cost EVEN more.
Thus making the unit even less cost-effective.

I stopped buying WG when they were $15 (AUD) each, I'm not about to go adding any when they will be at least double that in finecast.