PDA

View Full Version : How many more weeks of Dreadfleet?

prowla
03-10-2011, 22:17
So, I'm just asking you lads.. how many weeks are we still to see DF and only DF on the GW dailies? Come on GW, it's been two weeks already, plus the teasers.

Blink
03-10-2011, 22:19
Hasn't it only been released for a couple days?

prowla
03-10-2011, 22:27
Yeah.. Teasers appeared on Sept 12th on "What's new today", DF was announced on Sept 16th. Released last Saturday.. 42nd millenium 'tis.

Thoume
03-10-2011, 22:27
I can forgive them for posting the pirate orc/k pics (the battlewagon is very lootable :D). Other than that it'll run its course eventually. I reckon a month at most but the optimist in me votes for the 'only a few days' option! :p

ex-green
03-10-2011, 23:01
A couple of days before normal service is resumed.....
Untill the next big thing arrives

Asher
03-10-2011, 23:05
Until it's sold out; however long that takes!

Lars Porsenna
03-10-2011, 23:35
I voted till Christmas, but "until it's sold out" is a good guess too, which might be for some time, if it's not selling...

Damon.

MT Bucket
03-10-2011, 23:40
Let's see... previewed on the 12th Sept and flogged exhaustively since... only new release from GW at Games Day... released on 3rd Oct and on the cover of WD (and probably cover to cover: still no WD for me - subscribe now...)

Nothing else on the Advance Orders for WFB or 40K... soooo it looks like we're stuck with it until they can flog the last box. Hopefully before they release the Hobbit ranges (they did get the licence didn't they?)!

Car boot anyone? Will go well next to your copy of Man O'War...

ihavetoomuchminis
04-10-2011, 00:04
How many weeks lasted the Space Hulk propaganda by GW? There's your answer.

MajorWesJanson
04-10-2011, 00:12
I bet through this week, then start seeing teasers for Crons. Maybe some halloween themed stuff as well, like missions involving undead, ect.

Okuto
04-10-2011, 00:14
October will be all necron teasers....though I'm guessing dreadfleet will go on till Xmas.

igwarlord
04-10-2011, 00:59
Gw already said they are only making the one release of it. So the sooner the better

Okuto
04-10-2011, 02:21
I'll drink to that, sooner we can be done with it the quicker they can get to serious business....updating armies

Chem-Dog
04-10-2011, 03:45
Dreadfleet? Deadhorse more like! :p

I'm not grumbling, mind. It's no different than any over time GW focuses on something that's not within my own particular sphere of interest.

I'd be surprised if we hear anything of it past the end of October.

Ravenous
04-10-2011, 03:50
Until it's sold out; however long that takes!

Oh god no, I still expect to see the thing on shelves in 6 months.

herbtarkel
04-10-2011, 04:44
Oh god no, I still expect to see the thing on shelves in 6 months.

Yeah, I think it's no Space Hulk. It looks good, though, I want the Seascape mat especially, but it's gonna be around a good long time. My local shop was even told they could re-order! How's that for limited edition? Not so limited...

TheCaptain
04-10-2011, 06:55
I think "Too many" should cover it

AndrewGPaul
04-10-2011, 08:10
Why all the angst? Once there's some 40K content on the daily update, you'll only be moaning about that. :)

40 klicks below
04-10-2011, 08:27
Dunno about Dreadfleet, but for Necrons I'd run with Stickmonkey's prediction of

On the necron front, sources say the dead will rise when the souls come out to play this year.

All those Halloween puns will be utterly irresistable for GW. I'd expect a big Necron-reveal on (Monday) October 31 (and the week that follows), and not a second before that.

prowla
04-10-2011, 10:32
My local shop was even told they could re-order! How's that for limited edition? Not so limited...

I have to say, making a blog post about having the studio staff dress up as pirates and drive around in cars.. Smells of desperation a bit :p

Grok
04-10-2011, 12:42
I voted for a few more days more on sense of hope then anything alse. I generaly think pirates arn't very interesting and seeying GW staffs cosplaying pirates realy makes me sad... Yet another vision of GW loweing their targeted audiance range to little kids. Hope this whole thing blows to the high winds of the ocean as fast as possible.

LonelyPath
04-10-2011, 13:11
I imagine they'll plug it for all its worth until the pre-orders come up for the next releases. After that it'll be all but forgotten (by GW) like Space Hulk was except in terms of profit.

Spyral
04-10-2011, 13:21
I voted till Christmas, but "until it's sold out" is a good guess too, which might be for some time, if it's not selling...

Don't let eldargirl hear you say such heresy against GW!

herbtarkel
04-10-2011, 13:26
I imagine they'll plug it for all its worth until the pre-orders come up for the next releases. After that it'll be all but forgotten (by GW) like Space Hulk was except in terms of profit.

They pretty much will do this; I think that's what they do for any ofthe new things. There's something new coming soon? Hope?

Wishing
04-10-2011, 13:29
Agreed. Things are only promoted as long as they are the newest thing - as soon as something newer comes along, the old news gets filed away and never mentioned again.

Polaria
04-10-2011, 16:26
Dreadfleet will continue untill we are all sick of it.

Ravenous
04-10-2011, 16:27
so 2 weeks?

Polaria
04-10-2011, 16:40
so 2 weeks?

I voted for the three weeks option. Few days is just not enough and anything more than three weeks would be utterly ridiculous... oh, wait...

40 klicks below
04-10-2011, 16:47
Dunno. They've kept spamming their blog with stupid Space-Emo-Elves since their release far, far, far beyond any level of reason and absurdity, snipping the entire release up into a gazillion of pointless "waves" only to constantly re-hype the hype again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and.. well... far beyond absurdity for sure.

Compared to GW's Dark Elder brainwash, the Dreadfleet-campaign is as tame as a newborn kitten and will likely remain so, as there's no new "waves" to be made from this. If Necrons as the next (?) GW release get's a similarly mind-numbing over-exposure-treatment as Dark Eldar did, Dreadfleet will look like the good old days very, very, quickly.

Polaria
04-10-2011, 17:20
Compared to GW's Dark Elder brainwash, the Dreadfleet-campaign is as tame as a newborn kitten and will likely remain so, as there's no new "waves" to be made from this.

OMG! There was nothing on Dreadfleet in todays entry.