PDA

View Full Version : Death Guard Terminators, should I equip them yet?

Ulrig
04-10-2011, 00:48
I am slowly building up a nurgle themed vraks traitor list. My eventual goal is to head towards chaos space marines and more specifically Death Guard to have another playable army. The new chaos space marine codex should be out by time I actually have a decent sized force.

Today I have been buying bits on ebay. I purchased over $140 on death guard stuff. While I was at it, I purchased the death guard terminator torsos and shoulder pads because it was from the same seller and the stuff just looks amazing.

Should I wait for the new eventual codex before I equip weapons on these wonderful models? Is there any safe weapons I could equip now and not have to worry about getting screwed over by rule or codex changes? I wouldnt mind shelving these kits, but I also want to paint these awesome looking models.

Ideas?

Threeshades
04-10-2011, 01:25
I am slowly building up a nurgle themed vraks traitor list. My eventual goal is to head towards chaos space marines and more specifically Death Guard to have another playable army. The new chaos space marine codex should be out by time I actually have a decent sized force.

Today I have been buying bits on ebay. I purchased over $140 on death guard stuff. While I was at it, I purchased the death guard terminator torsos and shoulder pads because it was from the same seller and the stuff just looks amazing.

Should I wait for the new eventual codex before I equip weapons on these wonderful models? Is there any safe weapons I could equip now and not have to worry about getting screwed over by rule or codex changes? I wouldnt mind shelving these kits, but I also want to paint these awesome looking models.

Ideas?

Nobody can tell you what exactly to expect in the next dex. But with the return of cult Termies might very well come different options for each cult. Also with a new dex some kits might not work so well anymore, so I would wait.

Lars Porsenna
04-10-2011, 01:33
You could also try magnetizing or pinning the arms. That way they stay useful now, but can be changed out for different options, especially in the future...

Damon.

Okuto
04-10-2011, 02:19
*crackling evily while looking at emperor's children termis*

Indeed, I say wait till the new dex is out....who knows maybe they will let death guard termis take man reapers....

Chem-Dog
04-10-2011, 03:38
I'd say that Terminator equipment was fairly sacrosanct. The last thing they did to make Termies different from every previous itteration was elliminate the need for a targetting device for the Cyclone, which you can imagine is as much a model based decision as it was a rules one. And....aside from subtle aesthetic changes the change before that was the CSM book that established CSM Termis as having "Pre Heresy" wargear like Combi Bolters, Reapers and no having the fixed powerfist armament.

All that is a long way of saying, if you don't deviate from the stuff your already able to put on them, you're unlikely to be disappointed.

Assuming that Cult terminators are even covered.

agurus1
04-10-2011, 03:45
Magnates seen to be the answer to this problem.

Ulrig
04-10-2011, 04:24
Heavily leaning towards magnets, but buying more shoulder pads will suck.

herbtarkel
04-10-2011, 04:37
Magnets, I agree completely. Or using superglue and accelerant will make the join weaker, and therefore easier to pop off later? I do that sometimes.

Ulrig
04-10-2011, 05:22
Another good reason for magnets. These FW models are expensive, and can do different weapon load outs with just buying shoulder pads.

3 0f 6
04-10-2011, 13:12
You could leave them as they are and wait forever, to no avail.

I suggest you magnetise/pin the sods together and unleash unholy war on someones a**

DuskRaider
04-10-2011, 13:37
Just put them together. I have 14, all of which are permanently glued with 11 Combi-Bolters, 2 Reaper Autocannons, and a Champion with Lightning Claws. 4 have Power Weapons, the rest have Power Fists. This way if they DO go down to I3, I'm set for it.

The_Herald_of_Nurgle
04-10-2011, 19:18
^ this, Death Guard where one of the Heresy Legion's that utilized a lot of Terminator Armour since they stuck mostly to foot attacks. I have 10 Terminator's and I am getting more to make it 14 for 2 units of 7. IF they came out with rules that gave new options I could either green stuff a bit to make the current weapons look like new ones (manreapers for instance) or I will just get more terminators. At the earliest it will be this summer for the new codex, so you have a while to wait. Personally Id rather have models ready to go for release and just need to add a few more with special weapons then rush to get a bunch built and painted on the eave of a new dex'.

LonelyPath
04-10-2011, 21:07
You could also try magnetizing or pinning the arms.

That's pretty much what I'd also do.

AlphariusOmegon20
05-10-2011, 02:34
The Reaper cannon most likely isn't going anywhere, so that should be ok, as is the Heavy Flamer.

Combi's prolly aren't going to change much either, if at all.

Power Weapons may get split into two catagories: Power Weapons and Chain Weapons, so that might be a little dicey.

Power Fists aren't going anywhere.

Single Lightning Claws could disappear, so I'd stay away from those or wait until the new book to make sure they stay.