PDA

View Full Version : 2500 WoC Tzeentch Lord on Disc with Stubborn Hat

:-Collinisimo-:
04-10-2011, 22:11
I've been messing around with a new list and this is what I came up with. It's a little funky, but I'll try and explain the reasoning behind everything.

Chaos Lord - 340
- MoT
- Disc
- Crown of Command
- Talisman of Preservation
- Enchanted Shield
- Biting Blade

Exalted Hero - 255
- BSB
- MoN
- Shield
- Talisman of Endurance
- Dragon Helm
- Palanquin
- Warriors Bane

Chaos Sorcerer - 190
- MoT
- Level 2
- Infernal Puppet
- Talisman of Protection

Chaos Sorcerer - 190
- MoT
- Level 2
- Dispel Scroll
- Third Eye of Tzeench

18x Chaos Warriors - 389
- MoN
- Halberds
- Shields
- Musician
- Standard
- Banner of Rage

18x Chaos Warriors - 364
- MoK
- Halberds
- Shields
- Musician
- Standard
- Banner of Eternal Flame

42x Marauders - 250
- MoT
- Shields
- Musician
- Standard
- Champion

5x Marauder Horsemen - 96
- MoS
- Flails
- Musician
- Throwing Spears

5x Marauder Horsemen - 96
- MoS
- Flails
- Musician
- Throwing Spears

5x Warhounds - 30

5x Warhounds - 30

6x Chaos Knights - 270
- MoK

Total: 2500

So the list is really built around the Stubborn Hat on the Tzeentch Lord. I really wanted to have a Lord with this build after the thread that went around, so I built this list. Here is my idea: the lord will be able to pretty much fly into my opponents main combat unit and stick there for pretty much the duration of the game, counting on the fact that my BSB is nearby. He may even get lucky and kill some characters in that unit as well.

While my opponents main combat unit is tied up, that should leave me free reign on all of the other things my opponent has. I have two units of Warhounds for flack, two units of vanguard fast-cav to take out warmachines (and then act as flack), two very solid units of Warriors that should be able to take on any units my opponent has left over, and a hard hitting unit of Chaos Knights.

The Marauder bunker is going to be my main anvil. All of my remaining characters are going to be going in this unit. That will let the Marauders rank up 5x10, which should let them be stubborn for plenty of time. Now, the reason my BSB is on a Palanquin, is because between him and the command of the Marauder unit, that will take up the entirety of the front rank. This will push my two casters to the second rank, letting them do their thing out of harms way.

This does bring up an interesting question however, I'm assuming that the wizards will be able to cast everything normally from the second rank. I'm also assuming that the Third Eye will work as normal, but I do see the line of sight issue coming up. Will this be an issue or do you just measure from the model in front of you?

What are people's thoughts on this? I really like the idea, and I think I can make it very effective.

papabearshane
04-10-2011, 22:23
As far as the list goes, looks like fun to try out.

As far as the caster tactic it will mess with LOS and some of the spells, also its a Shamefull way of bunkering CHAOS (or any other character for that matter) Characters. just put them in front. Have fun testing the list out.

04-10-2011, 22:31
I could take out the champ, and take the BSB off of the Palanquin to put the casters in the front rank, if it truly does mess with LOS. However, I do feel safer with them in the second rank. I'm looking through the rule book to see if I can find an actual ruling.

papabearshane
04-10-2011, 23:05
I think there was a Faq on it but youd have to check. LOS will be blocked by models in front so better to just put a couple of defensive Itens like charmed shield or enchanted shield to make them survive RNF attacks. Your BSB will be there to take any challenges anyways.

OldMaster
04-10-2011, 23:06
You don't need to feel safer for them though. You got a BSB to accept challenges with.
Also Palanquin helps with filling additional model space while still protecting you from cannonballs.

Excellent list, love it! Looks so much for 2500 pts O.o

05-10-2011, 03:14
Perhaps its just my inner High Elf shining through, but I always feel that if attacks are directed at Sorcerers in combat, they will go down. Is this a false assumption?

RandomSpecific
05-10-2011, 07:16
i dont think so. youve only got 2 wounds and if you pack the funky magic equipment (puppet etc) it kills points for protection, keeping them alive can be challenging, even from just basic attacks if directed. especially if the marauders are your anvil and they try to hold up something with teeth, your sorcs will be in trouble.

i think your plan for hiding them is great.

Morax
05-10-2011, 17:24
Being in the second rank does indeed stop you from having LOS. That is a big problem as with the third eye, you need LOS to steal the other caster's spells. You also will need LOS with any direct damage spell or magic missle, which most of the lore of tzeentch is. I would highly suggest you stay away from hiding the casters in the second rank for those reasons.

As for keeping them alive I would suggest giving them both a better armor save in the form of a charmed shield/dragonhelm/spellshield for some added survive-ability. After that they are WS5 and T4, and a 3+ is not too shabby if you really think about it.

05-10-2011, 21:58
Updated List:

Chaos Lord - 340
- MoT
- Disc
- Crown of Command
- Talisman of Preservation
- Enchanted Shield
- Biting Blade

Exalted Hero - 190
- BSB
- MoT
- Shield
- Talisman of Endurance
- Dragon Helm

Chaos Sorcerer - 190
- MoT
- Level 2
- Infernal Puppet
- Talisman of Protection

Chaos Sorcerer - 215
- MoT
- Level 2
- Dispel Scroll
- Collar of Khorne
- Third Eye of Tzeench

18x Chaos Warriors - 389
- MoN
- Halberds
- Shields
- Musician
- Standard
- Banner of Rage

18x Chaos Warriors - 364
- MoK
- Halberds
- Shields
- Musician
- Standard
- Banner of Eternal Flame

45x Marauders - 257
- MoT
- Shields
- Musician
- Standard

5x Marauder Horsemen - 91
- MoS
- Flails
- Musician

5x Marauder Horsemen - 91
- MoS
- Flails
- Musician

5x Warhounds - 30

5x Warhounds - 30

7x Chaos Knights - 310
- MoK

Total: 2497

The BSB is no longer mounted, and the Marauder champion is gone, which means the two casters are now in the front of that unit. This clears up the LoS issue, and they are also both better protected. With the saved points I bumped up the Chaos Knights to 7.

OldMaster
05-10-2011, 22:51
You also will need LOS with any direct damage spell or magic missle, which most of the lore of tzeentch is.

How so?
Only magic missiles are defined for the 7th edition spells.
Everything save for the Flickering Fire can be cast without LOS.

The problem that I have with the protecting casters build is that it just seems so fishy to me.

05-10-2011, 23:53
Well more important is the need for the Third Eye to not be useless.