PDA

View Full Version : Look out sir

lovedinplaster
04-10-2011, 22:33
This brb is all jumbled, they need to keep all sections of the rules in one spot. I looked unde the specific "look out sir" sections and the mounted character section.

So the question is. Where can i find the exact rules that states mounted characters can't look out sir? For instance. I'm sick of my friend rolling look out for his khorne juggered up lord and a damn tzeentch disc wizard even though I've read here on the forums they are not allowed. Please point me in the right page/ rules section direction please.

goodz
04-10-2011, 22:37
Wouldn't they get a 4+ look out sir? Monstrous mount beside regular infantry?

I don't have rule book with me tho

Mr_Rose
04-10-2011, 22:45
You can't find a section that says mounted characters can't use LoS because it doesn't exist, not because the rulebook is unclear.

The actual rule is that you only get LoS when in a unit of, or within range of a unit of models with the same troop type. That is, a cavalry character can get a LoS roll from a unit of cavalry, but not from a unit of infantry.

The specific rules for characters and LoS are on p.96/97 for lone characters and p.99 for characters in units.

lovedinplaster
04-10-2011, 22:50
Awesome! Thank you. This helps very much. I see..so the jugger lord and disc wizard get look out sir if in a unit of knights. Or within a certain distance. Thank you!

narrativium
04-10-2011, 22:54
The wizard on a disc would get Look Out Sir from the knights. He's 'cavalry', and so are they. The lord on a juggernaut wouldn't, I think; he's monstrous cavalry.

GotrekFan
04-10-2011, 22:55
BRB page 96/97 - Shooting at lone characters
…a "Look out Sir" roll can be attempted, provided there is a friendly unit consisting of five or more models of the character's troop type within 3". Roll a D6. On a roll of 4+, the character has been successfully forewarned…

This also applies to stand and shoot if the character charges out of a unit of the same troop type (page 98).

Ninja'd

Harwammer
05-10-2011, 06:46
Note the Jug is monstrous beast, which when ridden becomes monstrous cav. As there are no monstrous cav units in the WoC book he won't be able to claim LOS!

The disc on the otherhand is a warbeast, which when ridden becomes cavalry. As such this model can claim LOS! by being within range of, or inside, a unit of knights or marauder cav.

lovedinplaster
05-10-2011, 20:53
You guys are of great help to me! As beginners, rules can become very messed in these situations. I want to one day play in big tourneys where rules are set and known to everyone. As a beginner.. I feel mean applying my 1" rule with my ray darts to my friend's knights:-p but I want to do it sooo bad.

jaxom
06-10-2011, 15:33
As far as I know, nothing has altered the armybook rule that explicitly states that all character mounts except the dragon are cavalry mounts for WoC, regardless of actual mount type. Yes, it's strange but it means a Chaos Lord on a Jugger is(was?) cavalry instead of Monstrous Cav. This is important in the new rules and as far as I know is still the case.

xxRavenxx
06-10-2011, 15:38
As far as I know, nothing has altered the armybook rule that explicitly states that all character mounts except the dragon are cavalry mounts for WoC, regardless of actual mount type. Yes, it's strange but it means a Chaos Lord on a Jugger is(was?) cavalry instead of Monstrous Cav. This is important in the new rules and as far as I know is still the case.

This is a whole can of worms in itself. Many people believe that the Bestiary list is an exception to the rule that armybook overrides rulebook, because it specificly exists to redo unit types from older armybooks to fit the new edition.