PDA

View Full Version : Mixing FW with GW

currymonster
05-10-2011, 01:26
Hey, recently purchased a cadian FW hostile enviorment set, and im not new to forgeworld. But i know everyone mixes it with cadian, catchacan or the chaos marauders or even the flagellent sets. But i dont feel like cheaping out (well it isnt really) on the tosros. I build my chaos renegades with the left over legs of my gorgon dkok set. So its all the same quality and looks nice. Are there any legs you would suggest on mixing with the FW torso's ? I was thinking of using some metal mini's, but where am i to find 40+ metal models, only to chop them in half. And im currently contemplating on just using the scout legs, but they might look weird...

Any help to put me in the right direction, or pics is appreciated !

IcedAnimals
05-10-2011, 08:03
Im not sure I see the difference. You bought the cadian conversion kit they designed for cadian models. The only time you will be able to tell apart which parts are which is before you paint them.

AndrewGPaul
05-10-2011, 09:13
The Cadian models are wearing a tunic, the bottom half of which is on the legs, if I'm not mistaken. It'll look a bit odd if you use other legs which don't have the tunic on them.

You could always make some kilted (http://www.victorialamb.com/store.html) ones, but that'll look a bit daft in the hostile environment gear. :)

gilljoy
05-10-2011, 09:16
The Cadian models are wearing a tunic, the bottom half of which is on the legs, if I'm not mistaken. It'll look a bit odd if you use other legs which don't have the tunic on them.

You could always make some kilted (http://www.victorialamb.com/store.html) ones, but that'll look a bit daft in the hostile environment gear. :)

They're amazing, I'm gona have to find a way to use them in my guard army.

Back on topic
just use cadian legs, you wont be able to notice the difference at all once its painted

goof1972
05-10-2011, 18:00
Becareful. The DKOK soldiers scale differently than the IG torsos. I believe the IG soldiers are "fatter" or more thick.

Thos legs might look puny compared to the Renegade torsos

currymonster
05-10-2011, 21:58
it fits well actually, do you guys want a pic ?