305 15 halberd warriors fc banner of rage
30 5 hounds
30 5 hounds

270 5 khorne knights stan, music, flaming
120 chariot
180 4 trolls

105 scyla
130 warshrine

Still deciding on Lore for the level 4; might go for Heavens.

Also do the knight's magical weapons count as magic weapons meaning they won't benefit from flaming attacks?

Trustey
05-10-2011, 17:35
RAW they are magical attacks. This bugs me too. However the way I read it, the horses would benefit from the flaming attacks, might help a bit.
Also I don't think you can get your sweet MoT parry save with a magical weapon (biting blade).

I'd take the banner of rage off unmarked halberd warriors and give them MoK, make them your flaming attacks. Maybe the gleaming pennant on your knights since they might be out of range, it might help you avoid getting baited.

zielonkak
05-10-2011, 18:23
drop one unit of warriors and make the other a little bigger, then drop spawn and add a big block of marauders 40+ with MOK and GW....

Harwammer
05-10-2011, 20:44
Also I don't think you can get your sweet MoT parry save with a magical weapon (biting blade).
Doesn't matter; MoT + ToE = 4++ ;)

I'd take the banner of rage off unmarked halberd warriors and give them MoK, make them your flaming attacks. Maybe the gleaming pennant on your knights since they might be out of range, it might help you avoid getting baited.
Hmm... You've got a point here. I'll struggle a little more against regen monsters but at least I'll be better at building assaults!

I think I'll skip the gleaming pennant; in the words of Thin Lizzy (?) "if the boys wanna fight you better let em"! I still get to pick their target so it shouldn't be a total loss; I'll just use them to put some hurt on a character in unit if I have to... Mwahaha!

drop one unit of warriors and make the other a little bigger, then drop spawn and add a big block of marauders 40+ with MOK and GW....
Don't you think I'd need to swap out the shrine for a Hell Cannon and play more defensively if I included marauders? My experiences with T3 Hordes tell me they struggle to survive if they are active in too many rounds of combat and if I hold them back my warriors will get killed.