Dispel Scroll

Sarurs Warriors x 25 FC

Saurus Warriors x 24 Spears FC

Chameleon Skinks x5

Chameleon Skinks x5

Salamander Hunting Pack x2

Salamander Hunting Pack x2

Ancient Stegadon

I got a win against HE with it. Soulblight works well in coordination with the sallies and the bane head is great with the character sniping spells as well as the feedback scroll.

Jormi_Boced
23-11-2011, 20:59
I got a win vs the HE again with this list last night and it was a pretty epic win.

At the end of the game I had his whole army wiped and I only lost 3 Saurus, 1 skink and a champion saurus. I had a wound on a stegadon, slann, skink priest and 2 wounds on a Salamander.

tmarichards
23-11-2011, 21:31
Put the Scar-Vet on a Cold One, then give him the Charmed Shield and the Dawnstone.

Jormi_Boced
23-11-2011, 21:37
Put the Scar-Vet on a Cold One, then give him the Charmed Shield and the Dawnstone.

I dont know what I would take out for those pts. Also not sure it is worth taking away his look out sir to give him stupidity and not even really increase is as.

tmarichards
23-11-2011, 23:29
It more than doubles his movement and increases his armour save naturally, so that you don't have to spend the magic points to do so. With regards to Look Out, Sir! the Charmed Shield is there for that reason- just run him straight out of the unit into combat.

Having just a single Scar-Vet is a bit odd, most good lists have at least 2 on Cold Ones, they're starting to get capped at 3, sometimes 2, just because of how insanely good but cheap they are.

With regards to what you could drop- 4 sallies is overkill. It won't do that much more except against terrible players who don't realise they should kill them, and against people who do try to kill them they just give up double the VPs. 2 singles is plenty, and frees up a few points.

With regards to what

Jormi_Boced
23-11-2011, 23:56
It more than doubles his movement and increases his armour save naturally, so that you don't have to spend the magic points to do so. With regards to Look Out, Sir! the Charmed Shield is there for that reason- just run him straight out of the unit into combat.

Having just a single Scar-Vet is a bit odd, most good lists have at least 2 on Cold Ones, they're starting to get capped at 3, sometimes 2, just because of how insanely good but cheap they are.

With regards to what you could drop- 4 sallies is overkill. It won't do that much more except against terrible players who don't realise they should kill them, and against people who do try to kill them they just give up double the VPs. 2 singles is plenty, and frees up a few points.

With regards to what

Yeah, the movement is good, but I am using more of a ranged army so I don't want him getting into combat ahead of my line. So far I really like the way he is kitted, when I know which unit has the flame banner I can make sure he is lined up against it.

I have run two single sallies before and I like it too, but their are a couple of nice things I have found with running the packs of two.

One is that they are harder for your opponent to just kill. Light fast stuff like chariots and stuff can take out a single sally fairly easily but two make it fairly difficult and can even win the protracted combats.

Probably my most favorite thing about having two is the redundancy as I have had many key times when I am running one where it will misfire at a the most inopportune time when I really need to soften a unit up. With the second salamander I will hopefully not misfire both times, and when they both hit it is devastating.

tmarichards
24-11-2011, 02:24
Good points well made. Personal preference then :)

MOMUS
24-11-2011, 04:48
How useful do you find the feedback scroll? I really cant decide whether to take it or take the cube of darkness instead. Heres my usual magic @2000pts:

Slann (life) C.hands, B.head, rumination, loremaster, BSB

Priest, D.scroll

Priest, Fb.scroll

Jormi_Boced
24-11-2011, 12:24
I probably would use a cube on the priest, but on the slann the FB scroll is pretty nice in conjunction with the bane head and the sniping spells. If you opponent has a wizard general you are pretty much guaranteed to slay him.

The negative on giving him the FB scroll of course is that he can't have the cupped hands, but since people hate that item with good reason and I am running a solo slann, I kind of like the soul of stone as a replacement. You will hear a lot less bitching about that item and on a solo slann it basically negates your miscast as you really only care about the top and bottom one.

thesheriff
24-11-2011, 21:49
Nice list. I always find solo slanns better with shadow. firstly, because of Steed of shadows. Great spell for him. Even if your army's not that maneuverable, he still can get out the way on a cheeky casting. Secondly, smoke and mirrors is fantastic for the same role as SoS, and with some line skink priests running around, you really could cover all of your bases.

I also find lore of shadow compliments Salamanders immensely. 2-4 Sallies down the flank is never nice. But when your wounding the enemy on 3's (or even twos) it becomes ungodly!

Looks good other than that.

thesheriff

Jormi_Boced
24-11-2011, 22:59
Yeah, I ran a shadow slann for a few months last year. The soulblight in death is pretty good with the sallies too. I am really liking the sniping spells in death. I have now ran lists with each slann at least once and most of them I dedicated a couple of months of plays and tweaking.