PDA

View Full Version : The Nocturnal Cult of Marienburg-2500

Moordlast Van Nueius
06-10-2011, 06:11
The Nocturnal Cult of Marienburg

The vampiric court that resides within the city-state of Marienburg has stood amidst the shadows of it's aristocracy for a great while, and although none know even vaguely when it's founder and master, Moordlast the Dour as he is called, arrived in that region, or indeed whether he has his origins there, but it is certainly well over the span of three centuries. This cult and it's acolytes are peculiar amongst their kind, in that they feel a considerable sense of loyalty, perhaps even a small sense of patriotism( if indeed a creature so utterly devoted to their own glorification can feel such a thing). They make use of their vast resources and political connections to further their mother city's cause, defending it against myriad threats from within and without, and endeavoring to expand it's influence in the Old World and beyond. Amid the forces The Dour takes to the field include even the rare and powerful Land-Ships, purchased from the engineers for obscene sums of money, and crewed by the more mechanically inclined Thralls in the mid levels of the Court. The Cult fights always in the darkness, and precious few in the bustling port have even an inkling that the occasional mutilated body found hanging from it's own entrails on temple steeples is in fact the work of a vampire, for they take care to remove the head and neck, leaving no evidence and the general populace prefers to infer the work a mere human sociopath.
None save the Inner Sanctum of the Nox are aware of the great threats these night stalkers have prevented from besmirching Marienburg, or indeed the even grander atrocities they have perpetrated on it themselves, and all the while Moordlast continues to ply the seas on his mysterious expeditions and voyages, searching for things better left unfound.

Moordlast Van Neuius, Grand Nox.
Vampire Lord, The Despairing Plate (Walach's Bloody Hauberk), Blood Drinker and the Black Periapt
Lord of the Dead, Master of the Black Arts and Forbidden Lore (Lore of the Vampires).
Nightmare.
Level Three Wizard. 463

Adelbracht Marchal, Lesser Nox.
Necromancer, The Cursed Book, Sceptre de Noirot,
Level Two Wizard. 115

Keetje, Bearer of the Drenthe Standard.
Wight Lord, Great Weapon, Battle Standard and The Banner of the Barrows. 155

Mathilde Verhoeven, Champion of Flanders
Vampire, The Flayed Hauberk, Tomb Blade.
Red Fury. 200

Skeletons-40
Spears and Full Command.
Banner of the Endless Nightmare. 405

Skeletons-30
Spears and Full Command
Banner of the Dead Legion. 315

Grave Guard-19
Full Command.
Icon of Vengeance. 295

Black Knights-8
Barding, Full Command.
The Screaming Banner 304

Spirit Host- 4 bases. 260

This is the army that evolved out of my very first, and is easily my favorite. It isn't terribly competitive (though it's had it's fair share of successes), but I've always preferred fielding very themed lists and it's a helluva lot of fun to play.

m1acca1551
06-10-2011, 06:19
Very nice list, love the fluff :)

1 thing, i though we we're only allowed 1 unit of skellie to tak a magic banner?? i might be wrong but army builder has a tantrem every time i try to do 2...

Moordlast Van Nueius
06-10-2011, 06:24
You may well be right, I don't recall seeing a limit, but my memory for those sorts of things is abysmal.:o

lisaundead
06-10-2011, 14:05
Very nice list, love the fluff :)

1 thing, i though we we're only allowed 1 unit of skellie to tak a magic banner?? i might be wrong but army builder has a tantrem every time i try to do 2...

Just read the VC army Book and the errata / FAQ and cant find any reference to a limit to number of skeleton units taking magic banner.
Not sure about BRB (not in front of me at the mo)

Cheers:skull:

Morax
06-10-2011, 18:25

Its for reasons like this that I dislike army builder so much. You are absolutely allowed to take multiple units of skeletons with magical banners.