Battle pilgrims
Unit strenght 24

7 Mounted Yeomen

7 Mounted Yeomen

Trebuchet

Trebuchet

Total: 2077
---------------------------

i have 77 points to much, what to remove? how is this list? i think it is pretty cool, what do you think?

samw
14-04-2006, 14:25
Did you pay for the horses for the guy without the virtue of empathy? Just cause you haven't listed it. Looks pretty cool though but I'd use that Lord choice. Either take a Lord for the LD 9 or a Prophetess for lots and lots of magical goodness. Also, drop the warbanner from your BSB and give him something to protect himself, he needs to stay alive in this set up, a Gromril Great helm could go a long way towards that. I'd also recommend another unit of 6 knights for countercharging, command not necessary.

oma
14-04-2006, 14:46
They dont have horses :P they are on foot, this hole team got Ld 8, the lord within 12" and two other heroes within 12" will give Ld 8 for all the peasents.

The lord has braid of bourdeleaux witch for one turn gives him + 1 Ld, so when CC beguins i'll reveal that beauty.

I think that wardsave 6+ (or 5+) will keep my Bsb alive, at least for 1 turn.

I Will try this list today, and list the troubles i got during my game. I do see the use for another unit of knights, but still, than someting got to go.. :(

(for the list today i'll take away 10 bowmen and 5 Men at arms)

samw
14-04-2006, 15:15
You haven't listed it if your general's got the virtue of empathy aswell. Also your army lacks anything with punch. Yeah, maybe the peasants will hold for a little while, but they won't win anything, and take enough tests and you'll fail eventually.

oma
14-04-2006, 22:11
but doesnt the general give his Ld 12" anyway? i thaught so at least...

well i played Skaven (probably the worst opponent i could have gotten) and in my turn 3 i made a fatal mistake, i forgot to use my Ld boost item, i lost cc with 1 and ran, other than that i actually managed to do some dmg, I wiped his plague monks with 2 MAA units with 1 paladin and then i whiped the plague cencers with the same unit, he had probably the worst magic fase ive seen, after first turn he had taken 2 bowmen, and 1 crewman for the trebuchet, but still i think that this could have been fun against most armies, (probably not so much against skaven with those 2D6 S5 hits...)

samw
15-04-2006, 00:09
but doesnt the general give his Ld 12" anyway? i thaught so at least...

Yes but he must be mounted unless you give him the virtue of empathy. So you either need to pay the 30 pts to do so or put him on a horse.

oma
15-04-2006, 11:01
ahhh.. i see, i think i'll maybe but him in with the Kotr guys then, 30 points on foot ws 14 for the horse... give the braid of bourdeleaux too the "fighter" paladin with GW or maybe one of the damsels...

oma
15-04-2006, 16:25
sorry dobble post

the finished list comes here:

General: Paladin
Grailwow, Shield, Lance, Barded Warhorse
Braid of Bordeleaux

Paladin
Questlingwow, Shield, Great Weapon
Virtue of Emapthy

Paladin
Bsb, Knightswow
Warbanner, Virtue of Empathy

Damsel
Lv2
2xDispelscroll

Damsel
Lv2
Dispelscroll, Prayer Icon of Quenelles

5 Kotr

27 Men at Arms
Full command

20 Men at Arms
Full command

20 Men at Arms
Full command

10 Bowmen

10 Bowmen

Battle pilgrims
Unit strenght 24

7 Mounted Yeomen

7 Mounted Yeomen

3 Pegasus Knights

Trebuchet

---------------------

what do you think?

Stouty
15-04-2006, 16:33
Things I would change/add.

Get anothe trebutchet. Just because they rock. I'd take 2 larger units of 35 peasants instead of 3 of 20. Scrap the mounted yeomen and take more KoTR.

Now this is another idea:

Do a relatively normal brettonian army but convert the KoTR by using the Men-at-arms from the waist up. So it would have normal KoTR legs, with the rest peasant. Mounted men-at-arms and they would have big enough shields to look like they had heavy armour and shields (it would just be heavy shield and light armour). It would look like a peasanty force but might be quite competitive.

Anvilbrow
15-04-2006, 16:55
I say really go for a peasant list. Mine looks like this:

Paladin w/virtue of empathy, BSB
Prophetess
Damsel
Damsel
Damsel
25 M@A
25 M@A
16 bow
16 bow
16 bow
10 skirmishers
18 pilgrims w/reliquae
6 yeomen
6 yeomen
treb
treb

I don't have the list with me right this second , but all units have full command. No magic items of any kind.

Now before you say, "that list is illegal, there are no knights of the realm," true. However, in my gaming group we allow a lot of lists like this as long as in everyone's judgement it does not make the army MORE powerful and everyone was in agreement that the lack of knights certainly made this list more fragile. I also run an all Kislev army which is not technically legal either.

In three games played, the army has actually done quite well. Massacring a Tomb Kings army, minor victory over a Ogre Kingdoms army, and getting massacred by a demonic legion.

oma
15-04-2006, 17:58
i cant say i quite like your list actually.. you only have 2 blocks here, and in a "horde" (if you can say this about bretts) army 18 "elite" men are a bit to small i think

and there are way to many points in the chars (for ME personally) and to much shooting aswell

I DO like 2 treb, 12 yeomen, and the blocks you have (including the pilgrims) but how does this list make it in cc? when the opponent finaly gets there from all the magic and shooting? i'm acctually suprised that you massacred a Toomb King army, a Pesant list's biggest problem is outnumber by fear (since ratogres, ironguts) actually all ogre sized models will hit them at 3+ and wound at 2+ or 3+ with no saves or a 6+ save, easely killing many pesants and may outnumber (witch is why i disslike the small amount of pilgrims)

But still, its cool that more people like the pesant thaought!

@ stouty: the mounted pesant/kotr idea rocks!!! i totaly love it! back to the list: how do i fit in the second trebuchet? and the extra men at arms? i would realy like to, but the yeomen are nessesary i think, to take out flanks when my men at arms get into cc, and the pegasus are great to take out skirmishers/warmashines/shooters/lone chars/flank/rare charge ectect, they are just mandatory realy, but they might not fit in with the pesant list though :( or could i just have done the same as with the kotr models? (half pesant, half kotr)

Anvilbrow
15-04-2006, 23:48
Oma,

The Tomb Kings game was actually quite a massacre. With the large number of dispel dice (7), I was able to stop the all-important movement spells of the TK magic phase. I also managed some pretty darn good shooting, the large number of archers, skirmishers, yeomen and trebs whittled the TK force down quite well over the first two turns. His heavy cav was decimated from 16 to 2 in the first turn! His Tomb Guard were the only things alive with his Tomb King at the end of the game. I managed to hunt down his Liche priests with yeomen, and I got very lucky admittedly against his Bone Giant- which charged a unit of yeomen and managed only two wounds- he eventually fell apart after a couple of rounds of combat res. The only real trouble I had was with his carrion.

In terms of the points for Characters, bear in mind there is not a magic item among the lot. The Virtue of Empathy is the only upgrade I purchased for any character. No magic levels, no scrolls, no ward saves etc, so point wise, it really isn't much, well under 600 points for five characters.

Remember the Reliquae itself is a US of 6 so the US is 24. With the stubborn, assuming they aren't outnumbered after one round of combat by fear causers, they hold long enough for a counterpunch. Against the Ogres, they held for one turn and the countercharge failed the fear test and off they went. They are peasants after all...

oma
16-04-2006, 06:02
ok, now i like the US on the reliquae :P but with 2x 25 MaArms.. dont you think its better with 1x 30 and 1x 20?

no magic levels on the damsels? how get spells of with them? i would rather go 1 prophetess Lv4 and 1 damsel Lv2 (or 2/3 damsels Lv2 but i dont quite like magic)

Ganymede
16-04-2006, 06:15
Six levels of magic are just fine.

oma
16-04-2006, 06:30
yeah, but when 3 of them can only cast 1 spell with 2 dice each? i know this is the ogre setup, but they have casting value 3+ on all their spells, its a bit hard getting master of stone of with 2 dice isnt it?

Anvilbrow
16-04-2006, 06:31
Well, I don't rely on magic ever (unless I'm playing VC or TK) so six levels of magic is really there for the dispel dice and the occasional spell getting off, that is 8 power dice after all. Having only two wizards also makes it easier to get rid of dispel dice by hunting them down. Since I don't take magic items, I need those dispel dice.

As for the M@A, 25 works fine, gives me pretty hefty US, and I can afford to lose 6 models before I lose a rank. Likewise, I can lose the same 6 without having to take a panic test. It also fits on the new (relatively) sculpted bases perfectly, meaning I don't have to cobble my own together. I usually place my BSB between the units where he cannot be hit thus giving re-roll of breaks and his leadership to the units.

One flank is Reliquae/tar pit, the other is shooty doom with most if not all archers with stakes. Yeomen are the stars of the show, hitting targets of opportunity and march blocking/threatening flanks.

oma
16-04-2006, 07:35
yeah, the reliquae it the flank inmy setup aswell, but what would you advice for as the other flank? should i just deny it? the bowmen is just there for deploying purpuses and to shoot of some ranks if i can..

as for the magic fase: i wouldent give up my paladins for just a Lv 1 wiz, the paladins are the one that makes my line hold against other units (sinse they hit me at 3+!) and when they (hopefully) hold against the opponent: i'll flank them with either fast cav, heavy cav, or pegasus