PDA

View Full Version : Invasion of Sturmkrieg by the Imperium

SaschaKreiger
08-10-2011, 19:29
I'm working on a story about the invasion of Sturmkrieg by the Imperium during the Great Crusade. I'm only at the very beginning of it though.

You can find it here under Contact with the Imperium.

http://en.sturmkrieg.com/Sturmkrieg_Empire

It would be good to get suggestions and feedback while I'm still working on the story.

Do you think calling it the October Revolution would be too heavy handed? It's part of the theme of it, and something that one of my friends suggested.

Blackhoof
18-10-2011, 09:07
Hmmm quite good, i think. You have made up a good reason why the Sturmkriegers havent been eradicated yet.

however, i notice you have Necrons attacking. The Necrons entered stasis over 60 million years ago, and have only recently started waking. The Eldar controlled most of the galaxy until the Fall (although the Eldar rarely actually fought, they had an army of AI to do it for them, they just partied on their homeworlds.) That is how humanity could expand- the Eldar could have wiped them out but couldnt be bothered since they only lived on the planets where the Eye of Terror is now.

Therefore, you would probably not fight Necrons OR Eldar (who were busy recovering from the Fall) in the Age of Strife. More likely daemons (since there were heaps of untrained psykers around just itching to become daemonically possessed) Orks, other humans or any number of other alien empires that hadnt been wiped out yet by the Great Crusade.

SaschaKreiger
18-10-2011, 22:04
I'll probably revise part of the fluff then.

Maybe they fight the AI? Or I could find something different or have them fight later.

I want there to be some sort of major defeat that gives rise to a new leadership which turns to oppression which leads to the rise of Sternkampf with the help of the Imperium. They need to have some sort of popular support, which is best explained by a currently oppressive government.

Blackhoof
19-10-2011, 02:46
well, Orks are good enemies in any occasion. Also you could use the Hrud (space skaven) or Daemons, or another human empire or somesuch.

SaschaKreiger
19-10-2011, 03:59
I might make something up.

Orks aren't very evil, and Daemons aren't likely to want to wage war against a race of nulls with pariahs in place of psykers. Though maybe Khorne would send Daemons to fail and have a great slaughter...

I'll probably follow your suggestion of another Human empire. Maybe another Germanic empire, which Sturmkrieg expresses fear of to the Imperium, and is a reason why they join.