PDA

View Full Version : First High Elf List

diestormlie
09-10-2011, 14:48
Yo.

Just got into Fantasy, brought the Island of Blood Box and I've built the High Elves. This is my proposed build, as I can't use the Prince co's he's a lord an not a hero.

What do you think?

D'Haran
09-10-2011, 15:36
well the list is illegal, 25% min in core which means you need another 100pts. Also no more than 25% in heroes and you've got almost twice that.

Reavers aren't the best use of points, more so in a small tourney like this, they're really a point sink.

It really looks like you're trying to make do with just what's in the box, which is admirable but difficult to do effectively. At this point total I'd suggest 2 RBT and more seaguard, shooting the enemy to death is a real possibility at 1k for HE's. Also only 1 hero at 1k, and make it a mage. I'd also swap out the SM's for PG or WL's to give yourself some staying power against armies that will field horde units for 200pts each.

diestormlie
09-10-2011, 16:48
Right.

I have now, on the advice of the staff at GW, purchased a high elf warrior squad (sea guard or Spearmen), the mage/archmage set, and the Prince/Noble set. Advice?

Athariel
09-10-2011, 17:49
Based on the Island of Blood set this is what I use.

It is not the best 1000 point list but it has done alright and doesn't require buying too much else.

Mage
Level 2
Seerstaff of Saphery

25 x Seaguard, Full Command, Shields

18 Sword Masters of Hoeth

5 Ellyrian Reavers, Bows and Champion

Repeater Bolt Thrower

Extra Island of Blood Sea Guard and Swordmasters can be bought fairly cheap from ebay.