PDA

View Full Version : Arkhan the Black

w3rm
10-10-2011, 04:45
So who has used him? I used him twice today against a magic lite ogre list. Purple Sun and Doom and Darkness + Casket equals lots of dead ogres. He did get killed by a tyrant in combat in the first game but he single handedly (with the help of some archers and a casket and some necropolis knights) take out a unit of 18 bulls + 3 charries!

Btw the Staff of Nagash is flipping awesome.

Artinam
10-10-2011, 08:27
How did you use him? On his chariot with wings?

Fajita!
10-10-2011, 08:53
Purple sun can be risky considering that most of the tomb kings don't have initiative greater than 2, so if it backfires you can end up paying a pretty hefty price.

Otherwise, I think he is a pretty good special character. Not too strong like some, and not completely useless like others.

w3rm
10-10-2011, 15:56
How did you use him? On his chariot with wings?

On foot in a Tomb Guard unit.

Von Wibble
10-10-2011, 18:26
The only major disadvantage of Arkhan is his lack of protection, and sadly this is a factor as his profile implies he should be OK in combat. Otherwise he's a very good choice.

DukeBadham
19-10-2011, 21:52
Still, woe is the fool that thinks he can just destroy arkhan, The fool is now a skelly in Arkhans unit. and if he does get killed, then he gets retribution in the form of the curse, not much, but still some.
Also, Arkhans protection is the unit of tomb guard behind him looking scary, as well as other mages.

oldWitheredCorpse
20-10-2011, 07:53
One great thing about the staff of Nagash is that it's like an IF insurance. So, the enemy casts an IF spell and (if not mother******* Teclis) miscasts. Likely he'll lose a bunch of PD, but usually it doesn't matter, because you don't (get to) use your dispel die to try to dispel that spell. Often those DD are lost. With the staff of Nagash, they come back with a vengeance.

Morax
20-10-2011, 18:40
I've seen him used in a unit of chariots. Charged a unit with himself and 5 chariots, cast purple sun and finished off the unit with impact hits. It was rather nasty I must say.