PDA

View Full Version : Genesis

Sylass
14-04-2006, 18:38
There's a new book entry added:

Genesis (http://www.warseer.com//node/253)

'GENESIS'

tzeentchgiant
14-04-2006, 20:45
Ummm, access denied.

(Fantastic work though)

None of these are working, should they be?

TG

HiredSword.
14-04-2006, 23:25
why have i never heard of this before? i am in awe.

Aurelien
14-04-2006, 23:31
Ummm, access denied.

(Fantastic work though)

None of these are working, should they be?

TG

Worked for me, thought they seemed to take a long time to load.

Excellent work as usual, thanks guys!

Flame of Udun
14-04-2006, 23:40
Yeah it works for me but it is taking a geological era to load though (made worse by a slow connection):(

Cpt_Tiberius
15-04-2006, 04:15
>Sniff< ...that's so, so beautiful. :) Seriously though I think this is my favorite piece so far. I can't wait to see where you take the Iron Souls.

nick
15-04-2006, 10:19
Hi Guys,

I'm interested in your opinion of the layout of the pages of the comic? Are you happy scrolling down one long webpage or would you rather have multiple pages with maybe 3 comic pages on each webpage.

Thanks,
Nick

devolutionary
15-04-2006, 10:29
I think the layout is superb actually. It takes a while to load, but it's worth it. I like the simplicity, it suits this site and is very readable. Multiple screens tend to make continuous reading an issue, especially if you are not devoting a single sitting to reading. You have to find your page, flick back to recall the last few pages, etc...

So sayeth the eternal website critic!

nick
15-04-2006, 11:25
I think the layout is superb actually. It takes a while to load, but it's worth it. I like the simplicity, it suits this site and is very readable. Multiple screens tend to make continuous reading an issue, especially if you are not devoting a single sitting to reading. You have to find your page, flick back to recall the last few pages, etc...

So sayeth the eternal website critic!
Ok thats great, if everyone else agree's we will stick with that format in future.

Thanks,
Nick

Bmaxwell
15-04-2006, 11:45
I like how it is right now takes a while to load but by the time the frist one loads and you start to read it gives enough time for the next so on and so forht.

HiredSword.
15-04-2006, 11:48
yep, i have no problem with the layout either for the same reasons given.

Flame of Udun
15-04-2006, 12:02
Layout looks fine to me, any chance you could speed the load times up though?

@Aerion and Freakforge: Well done guys, you pulled off another fantastic job on this!! Can't wait to read more!

nick
15-04-2006, 12:21
Layout looks fine to me, any chance you could speed the load times up though?

@Aerion and Freakforge: Well done guys, you pulled off another fantastic job on this!! Can't wait to read more!
I've just done some optimisation on the first two pages but I'm after opinions on if this is good enough quality. I've managed to almost half the size but there was some quality loss if you compare them pixel for pixel.

The new images are attached...

Nick

tzeentchgiant
15-04-2006, 13:53
Well it started working, and great work it is too :D.

I like it the way it is, one long page, like Bmaxwell said, it gives enough time (if you start reading) for the next few to load.

TG

Flame of Udun
15-04-2006, 14:25
I've just done some optimisation on the first two pages but I'm after opinions on if this is good enough quality. I've managed to almost half the size but there was some quality loss if you compare them pixel for pixel.

The new images are attached...

Nick

Now that loads a lot faster! As far as I can see at my end the quality has not been compromised to any great extent unless you were to be looking at it on a huge screen or really up close. If it makes any difference for comparison I'm currently viewing on a 17" monitor set at a resolution of 1152x864.

nick
15-04-2006, 15:04
Now that loads a lot faster! As far as I can see at my end the quality has not been compromised to any great extent unless you were to be looking at it on a huge screen or really up close. If it makes any difference for comparison I'm currently viewing on a 17" monitor set at a resolution of 1152x864.
I've changed the first image in genesis to use the new image, can someone have a look and see how quickly it loads.

Nick

Aerion the Faithful
15-04-2006, 15:16
Hey there Nick and everybody... Aerion here :D ... As far as i'm concerned, the images you resized look almost exactly like the ones that were posted so far. And they do make a big difference in the loading time (i too had a little trouble loading them today). So, you have my blessing to go and arrange the others and i think that would make the whole bussiness faster, without losing the quality of the images themselves.

To everyone who commented so far, a big THANK YOU goes to you! I'll be starting a thread soon here on this newly inaugurated sub-forum, so you can leave your thoughts on the story and the art; and i'll post some designs as well as other goodies...

Until soon

Aerion the Faithful

nick
15-04-2006, 15:29
Hey there Nick and everybody... Aerion here :D ... As far as i'm concerned, the images you resized look almost exactly like the ones that were posted so far. And they do make a big difference in the loading time (i too had a little trouble loading them today). So, you have my blessing to go and arrange the others and i think that would make the whole bussiness faster, without losing the quality of the images themselves.
Genesis is now converted. I think thats halved the bandwidth used which helps WarSeer as well as everyone looking at the the images. Its a shame we can't do progressive loading without increasing the file size as I liked that affect :) Everyone who has looked before have another look to see the improvement.

I'll run off to play games. :)

Nick

FreakForge
15-04-2006, 16:00
Hello everyone,... i like to thanks to many people , I like to thanks to all the Warseer Staff , to all the people who support the work of Aerion and myself , to my friend Aerion , to my beloved wife ,... and to Ferrus ( Oh no ,..thatīs a freaky comment! ).

Thanks

I hope you enjoy the next works that we are done.

FreakForge

punkoteloco
17-04-2006, 02:12
I must say im impressed again. Im astonished for telling the truth. Excellent Job

Now, go back to work

punkoteloco

onnotangu
19-04-2006, 15:07
I love the artwork and storyline. and the SM colors are not bad either.

Brimstone
21-04-2006, 20:33
Excellent art and stories I'm looking foreward to many more.

One suggestion though is can we get the art bigger on the screen?

mortus
13-05-2006, 19:06
I want more, Now!!!!

Job well done I look forward to the next issue in anticipation.

TVM

pS i HAVE ONLY JUST DISCOVERED THIS, THE SHAME.....

Sylass
13-05-2006, 19:32
Excellent art and stories I'm looking foreward to many more.

I was wondering if we should go and make pdf-files of each comic chapter using the original sized files and offer these as a download. :)

Rabid Bunny 666
13-05-2006, 20:03
ooh......aah purdy

some more awesome and nicely executed work there, keep it up

Aerion the Faithful
13-05-2006, 20:24
Hey everyone! It's been a long time since i'd seeen any new posts on this topic, but it's good to know people are still discovering and enjoting what we did with FreakForge! We're fast preparing the next issue, due out for the end of May, if i can bear the burden of finishing it! :D

I think the problem with that is that it would just make the images take more time to download, thus slowing the viewing a bit. And 56k users would have to take an era to look at these.

I was wondering if we should go and make pdf-files of each comic chapter using the original sized files and offer these as a download.

However THAT is a good idea; as usual the quick thinking of the Sylass is far better than that of the normal human being, as seen on National Geographic :p. We'll see what we can do...

Job well done I look forward to the next issue in anticipation.
pS i HAVE ONLY JUST DISCOVERED THIS, THE SHAME.....

The 'next issue' is actually Rusted (http://www.warseer.com/rusted); Genesis is intended to be a 'prequel' telling the origins of the 'Iron Souls' Chapter you'll see throughout the saga of 'Rusted'...
And yes, SHAME ON YOU SIR! How come you hadn't seen it yet!? Keep your eyes open for the next one :) ...

some more awesome and nicely executed work there, keep it up

Thanks Rabidbunny! More is still to come!

Until soon

Aerion the Faithful