PDA

View Full Version : Full 5th Company But What Chapter

Davethe13th
12-10-2011, 17:01
I am currently planning a Full battle company but i'm stuck on my four chapter ideas.

Number one being Red scorpions, i already have a number of shoulder pads and a set of rhino doors the pads for sergeants.

Secondly crimson fist i like there style and colour.

Third Black consuls the secondary chapter of the ultramarines very simplistic colour scheme maybe wont be the most visually appealing but will still be fun to make

Fourth being my own chapter but i'm unsure if this is a cheesy idea, i know a lot of people do it but not all of them do it well.

I already have 2 lascannons 2 plasma cannons, 1 heavy bolter and 1 normal bolter guy, i also have the sergeant and the commander from the black reach box and a dreadnought from black reach.

From what iv read in the 5th edition space marine codex a battle company consists of the following (5th company box)

-Company Commander(Master of the something)
-6 tactical Squads
-2 Devastator squads
-2 Assault squads
-1 Dread

Rhinos for every squad

AlphariusOmegon20
12-10-2011, 23:41
I don't think there's even a 5th company left in the Crimson Fists.

grey knights rock
13-10-2011, 01:02
its
captain with command squad in a razorback
chaplain
6 tacs with rinos
2 assault squads with backpacks
2 devestator squads with rinos
2 dreds

UberBeast
13-10-2011, 02:11
I prefer the Crimson Fists myself.

FashaTheDog
13-10-2011, 02:34
Go with the Red Scorpions, you already have some Chapter specific stuff and you can add Apothecaries to all your Tactical squads. I am repainting all of my generic Marines as Red Scorpions, which is two full battle companies and another half worth of Terminators and Scouts. Right now my Land Raider, Dei Gratia, is being repainted and repaired with additional decoration added for its many years of faithful service.

The only deal with Red Scorpions is that they can upgrade Tactical Sergeants to Apothecaries for 25 points and no unit may make use of Infiltrate or Scouts rules. TO&E-wise, they also have more Apothecaries than most other Chapters since they lead Tactical Squads. If your foe doesn't like Forgeworld rules then your Apothecaries are just out of meds for the battle and are normal Sergeants (your foe can't force you to use Infiltrate or Scouts so you can remain pure there).

The Marshel
13-10-2011, 04:49

you've fallen into the inevitable trap of assuming fluffy crimson fist must represent their devastated state.

Crimson fist have a great big long history of not being nearly wiped out to go with that one incident. there is no reason why you can't base your army on that part.

company structure is
captain and his command squad
6 tactical squads
2 assault marine squads
2 devastator squads

Strictly speaking, that's it, but there are a few add ons

each squad maintains their own transport, so technically, each squad will have a rhino/razorback (afaik its never specified that it has to be a rhino, just a transport). this includes assault marines and devs regardless of how you equip them.

On the topic of dreads, marines entombed in dreadnoughts generally remain in the company they were originally from. this is why you'll find random numbers of dreads as you look through listings of companies

chaplains, afaik are attached to specific companies too.

now, that not how you MUST layout your company, thats just the specs of what a marine company in the fluff all has. doesn't mean they take it all into battle though. Assault marines can still use their jump packs, its just that they'll have a rhino back home as well if they feel like it.

Also, remember that assault marines maintain training in bikes and land speeders, so you could use those to represent a squad as well.

ForgottenLore
13-10-2011, 05:07
each squad maintains their own transport, ...

this includes assault marines
I'm pretty sure that at least SOME of the copy and pasted write ups on chapter organization have specified that all the squads except the assault ones have transports.

Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I read that just recently.

AlphariusOmegon20
13-10-2011, 05:27
you've fallen into the inevitable trap of assuming fluffy crimson fist must represent their devastated state.

Crimson fist have a great big long history of not being nearly wiped out to go with that one incident. there is no reason why you can't base your army on that part.

company structure is
captain and his command squad
6 tactical squads
2 assault marine squads
2 devastator squads

Strictly speaking, that's it, but there are a few add ons

each squad maintains their own transport, so technically, each squad will have a rhino/razorback (afaik its never specified that it has to be a rhino, just a transport). this includes assault marines and devs regardless of how you equip them.

On the topic of dreads, marines entombed in dreadnoughts generally remain in the company they were originally from. this is why you'll find random numbers of dreads as you look through listings of companies

chaplains, afaik are attached to specific companies too.

now, that not how you MUST layout your company, thats just the specs of what a marine company in the fluff all has. doesn't mean they take it all into battle though. Assault marines can still use their jump packs, its just that they'll have a rhino back home as well if they feel like it.

Also, remember that assault marines maintain training in bikes and land speeders, so you could use those to represent a squad as well.

Considering that is what the CURRENT fluff cites, how exactly is that falling into a trap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melchiah
13-10-2011, 05:58
more or less

I thought the Black Consuls got wiped out or was that the White ones

The Marshel
13-10-2011, 06:23
I'm pretty sure that at least SOME of the copy and pasted write ups on chapter organization have specified that all the squads except the assault ones have transports.

Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I read that just recently.

just checked it

pg 16 C:SM "all companies, except the scout company, maintain rhino transports for each of their squads and officers"

So background wise the assault squads have got their own rhino. doesnt mean they have to use it of course. i was wrong about the razorback thing though as it does specify rhino

Considering that is what the CURRENT fluff cites, how exactly is that falling into a trap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when i say trap i mean everyone one does it and while the crippled chapter is probably the most iconic crimson fist fluff, they are still a codex chapter with a past of being a codex chapter.

Current fluff just means the fluff that is occurring now in the 40k setting. people aren't restricted to using this fluff by any means what so ever.

also in terms of current fluff, the current space marine codex includes a timeline ranging from 749.M41 to 990999.M41. the rynns world incident takes place in 989.M41 leaving 89 years of full strength crimson fist activity in the more current 9th century of the 41st millennium and about 240 years of it in the semi current period. also consider that the army could represent the fist at the very beginning of waaaaghh snagrod's invasion rather then towards the end.

Basically, the most "fluffy" fist army is one based on the crippled chapter, but that doesn't invalidate every other build from being "fluffy" its similar to the ideas of imperial fist being defensive based and white scares being high bike usage. Its sorta true in that those armies favour their respective styles, but doesn't mean other options aren't valid because they still follow the codex astartes.

Davethe13th
13-10-2011, 19:59
Well from what people have been saying it looks like il be doing a Red scorpions Army. Complete with fully painted Lord Commander Cullen, also how and where do you start blogs or what ever its called when someone is making a army for example and people follow its progress

FashaTheDog
13-10-2011, 21:38
The project logs section (http://www.warseer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=147) is a popular place around here. I figure once I get more of my stuff done I will snap a few more pictures, develop them, and scan them in. Also thank you for reminding me to finish my Culln; I never painted his Storm Bolter and I have the ribbon on his left knee to paint as well.