PDA

View Full Version : New Nids and Stealer Cults...

b4d0m3n
03-06-2005, 04:03
So... are there Genestealer Cult rules in the new nid dex? I assume not, though it was rumoured a few months back.

Brimstone
03-06-2005, 04:46
No Genestealer cult list but you can create an all Genestealer Army.

The Cult list may appear in the Ordo Xenos codex due out eventually.

b4d0m3n
03-06-2005, 07:06
No Genestealer cult list but you can create an all Genestealer Army.

The Cult list may appear in the Ordo Xenos codex due out eventually.

Darn. An all-stealer list would be pretty dull to play. Eh, I guess I'll be waiting until Xenos comes out to have my fun.

Rövhalt
03-06-2005, 07:13
Wouldn't it be cool if Forge World made a carnifex sized (3:rd ed. that is) Genestealer. then an all Genestealer force might be viable...

salty
03-06-2005, 07:29
meh, my little bro has been playing an all Genestealer force for the last week and it is pretty good. He does have 45 'Stealers in total mind.

Salty :)

john-connors
03-06-2005, 07:51
Speaking of alternate lists, with the Zoat conversions coming up in Black Gobbo in a couple of issues time, is there any news on using them in a variant online/ White Dwarf list?

Bmaxwell
03-06-2005, 16:14
that would be nice i know what zoats are but what do they look like i know they don';t even look simalar to nids at all right?

t-tauri
03-06-2005, 19:14
Here's some Zoats. (http://www.solegends.com/citrt/spacezoats.htm)

overload
03-06-2005, 21:29
ive heard of these zoats also but this is the first time ive seen them, look cool.

Captain Brown
03-06-2005, 21:42
ive heard of these zoats also but this is the first time ive seen them, look cool.

The figures are pretty rare now, being a Rogue Trader range and only having a handful of models. If you scan ebay they appear from time to time. If you really want some make a post on the Wanted Ads Forum and see what you turn up :).

Avian
03-06-2005, 21:44
And you could use converted genestealer hybrids with termagant stats, couldn't you?

t-tauri
03-06-2005, 21:56
And you could use converted genestealer hybrids with termagant stats, couldn't you?
For Zoats? They're more on a par with nid warriors in the RT rules. Probably better than that.

Cherubael
03-06-2005, 22:24
^ i think that was more of a suggestion as to how to solve the problem of there not being a Genestealer cult list in the new codex.

tzeentchgiant
03-06-2005, 23:54
Was the original fluff on zoats that they were part of the nid fleet. i've read a few ancient wDs and I never got that.

Maybe I didn't read into them enough

TG

Tyra_Nid
04-06-2005, 02:05
Ive been thinking on the best way to use a GS cult with the current rules. You would have to be playing friendly games, but you could just use:

Brood Lord rules for Patriarch
Genestealer rules for Genestealer
Normal Guardsmen rules for the Military cultists
Whiteshields rules for Various cultists (Gangers etc)
Hive Ganger rules from Armageddon codex for crappy cultists
Ork looted vehicle rules for Cult Vehicles

Maybe: Psycher rules for the psychic hybrids? (As squad leaders, like they often were in 2nd ed, not sure what to do about these in mixed/separate squads)
Squad leader rules for the combaty hybrids? (Extra attack, better equipment- again, dont know what rules to use for mixed/separate squads)