PDA

View Full Version : Supporting attacks querry

warpmaster
14-10-2011, 05:54
Watched a game last night where a unit of 24 bloodletters in Horde fomation overan into a unit of zombies but only 2 of the bloodletters made contact .The daemon player then moved the 4 BL in the 3rd rank across so that they could give supporting attacks.Is this legal?

Agoz
14-10-2011, 07:06
if you overrun into another unit, you resolve the move as though it were a regular charge, that is all. So just Strive to move as many models into contact as possible.

Zoolander
14-10-2011, 07:33
I do not think Agoz understood what you were asking. The answer is yes, those in the back row can be "slid" to one side or the other to maximize attacks.

SteelTitan
14-10-2011, 07:46
To clarify: you mean that the 3rd rank in the BL unit was incomplete?

Like Zoolander said, that is legal. Check out the first couple of pages in the rulebook. It has a diagram where they explain how you should place models in the last (incomplete) rank. You are basically free to put them where you want (left, right, centre) as long as the models 'touch'.

Agoz
14-10-2011, 08:07
but the bloodletters were the ones overrunning, how could they have an incomplete rank?

T10
14-10-2011, 08:09
Are you certain? The rules for removing casualties clearly indicate that they are removed evenly from either rank. This would mean that the models in incomplete ranks would be centered.

Guess I have a diagram to look up.

-T10

Mr_Rose
14-10-2011, 08:24
but the bloodletters were the ones overrunning, how could they have an incomplete rank?
That is a complete non-sequitur; nothing about the overrun rules requires a unit to have viable ranks at all, never mind caring about whether the rear rank is complete or not. What are you really trying to say?

eron12
14-10-2011, 08:50

Maybe a few were killed in the first combat, or shot before they got into combat?

Mid'ean
14-10-2011, 11:33
Are you certain? The rules for removing casualties clearly indicate that they are removed evenly from either rank. This would mean that the models in incomplete ranks would be centered.

-T10

Please do. I'll be checking on this one myself. Cause I remember seeing a thread about this and the outcome was no, you can not slide the back row back and forth willy nilly to have them in combat. Only way to get them to move was if you were charged in the flank and then had to slide the incomplete rank over. Now to scour the tome of knowledge........:confused:

Mr_Rose
14-10-2011, 11:50
Only in the specific case of a single rank unit. If you have more than one rank you just remove models from the rear rank, without further qualification.

It's not actually in a diagram at all, BTW. P.45 is the reference for casualty removal and there isn't really any explanation of the situation the OP describes; flanked incomplete ranks get to fight "across the gap" but there is not rule that covers models in an incomplete rear rank that would get supporting attacks to the front if they were a few models over.

theunwantedbeing
14-10-2011, 11:57
Only in the specific case of a single rank unit. If you have more than one rank you just remove models from the rear rank, without further qualification.

So presumably, you can remove the rear rank casualties from wherever the heck you want. Although sliding them over in combat does count as reform move, so cannot be done at the start of the combat.

warpmaster
14-10-2011, 19:26
Just to clarify.24 Blood letters in horde formation with two ranks of 10 with the remaning 4 placed in the middle of the 3rd rank.These 4 BL arn't in contact with the zombies when the over run hits.The question is do they slide accross to get into combat or do you have to wait to do a combat reform?

Although sliding them over in combat does count as reform move, so cannot be done at the start of the combat.

This is what i think to

theunwantedbeing
14-10-2011, 19:35
They're just assumed to be able to fight over the gap.
They aren't actually moved.