PDA

View Full Version : Frenzy pursuit question..

knightime98
14-10-2011, 10:33
Real basic question, however, I have perused the basic rule book to no avail...

If a unit is frenzied must it pursue a broken unit. In other words does the frenzied unit have a choice not to pursue... The same question if you have hatred.. I can't seem to put my finger on the specific page in the book.

Page number, section, and paragraph would all be appreciated..

Many thanks for any help..

BaSe
14-10-2011, 11:22
Not sure about hatred but yeah with frenzy u have to pursue which makes redirecting easy if your opponent knows what he's doing.

Mid'ean
14-10-2011, 11:23
Not any more with hatred. Leftover from 7th.

Mr_Rose
14-10-2011, 11:45
Real basic question, however, I have perused the basic rule book to no avail...

If a unit is frenzied must it pursue a broken unit. In other words does the frenzied unit have a choice not to pursue... The same question if you have hatred.. I can't seem to put my finger on the specific page in the book.

Page number, section, and paragraph would all be appreciated..

Many thanks for any help..
Frenzy and Hatred are on pages 70 and 71 of the BRB, respectively. You can't restrain pursuit if you're frenzied and have the option* but Hatred doesn't change the pursuit rules at all.

*more precise details on the p.# given.

knightime98
14-10-2011, 18:51
Well, I finally found what I was looking for... It isn't under 'Frenzy' on pg 70.

The one liner is underneath frenzy in the next paragraph called 'bezerker rage'..

That is what I was looking for.

All is well..

Thanks.

sysy16
06-11-2011, 13:25
on this topic,

I'm lost about what should have happened in a game we had the other night.

My mates Frenzied flail infantry charge my unit of 10 archers who flee. I rolled 8 and was 8 away from him so was now 16" away. He rolled 10 (5+5) which plus 4 move was 14.

Now I am lost. Is this a failed charge and so he moves 5 or does he move the full 14?

We went for the 5 but he was most unhappy as it meant my 14 swordmasters which were sitting behind a building were now perfectly in place for a flank charge, which 14 of them hitting 25 marauders in the flank was an utter masacre.

He felt they should ahve moved 14 and so would ahve been further away from the swordmasters, maybe not got a flank charge and maybe would not even have reached him.

If I'm wrong, then thats fine, I can hold up the hands and apologise but we need to know this for future, he likes using frenzied stuff (plague monks, wtich elves, chaos/Khorne) and I need to know how to try and use it against him

cheers in advance

theunwantedbeing
06-11-2011, 13:27
If you fail to reach the enemy on your charge move, it is a failed charge and follows the rules for it.

T10
06-11-2011, 14:07
It was a failed charge, so the unit should indeed move 5 inches. Frenzy may force you to make a charge but doe not change how the charge is resolved.

Notice that with Frenzy you have the following options:

1. Declare a charge voluntarilly. This allows you to select your target.
2. Restrain from charging by taking the Ld test and passing: you do not have to charge.
3. Fail to restrain the unit: you have to charge the closest unit.

If the target unit flees you may attempt to redirect as normal.