PDA

View Full Version : Who is this Horus heresy primarch dude?

Leonathion
14-10-2011, 13:41
The guy with the red face - who is he? I'm not to involved in the whole imperial creed of 40k, alien bugger myself...

This guy looks interesting though... http://www.blacklibrary.com/Images/BL/blog/2011/10/marching%20big.JPG

Jack of Blades
14-10-2011, 13:43
That's Magnus the Red, Primarch of the Thousand Sons Traitor Legion.

ChrisMurray
14-10-2011, 13:50
yep, thats Magnus, in all his crimson glory. He used to be depicted as a red cyclopean giant. Although I don't recal his redness being mentioned in a thousand sons\prospero burns (I may have just forgotten or missed the reference), it is how Roberts has decided to depict him in the art. Mostly because he is basing his primarchs off the original blanche art where Magness was the red literally.

zantis
15-10-2011, 02:41
Yeah I never thought he was that red. I always thought something more like jersey shore tan x3 or 4

Brothergrimm
15-10-2011, 17:27
His colouring was mentioned as copper in PB The book colour looks more arterial red then copper.

Chem-Dog
15-10-2011, 18:28
I'm interested in when this picture's based. From what I can gather L-R we have Sanguinius, Mortarion, Magnus and Night Haunter hanging out together.

Israfael
15-10-2011, 18:44
I'm interested in when this picture's based. From what I can gather L-R we have Sanguinius, Mortarion, Magnus and Night Haunter hanging out together.

If I'm not mistaken, that's actually Angron - not The Night Haunter. The tattoos match the new art from The Butchers Nails.

This might explain why Angron is so angry.. he's comically short compared to his brothers.

Xisor
15-10-2011, 18:46
@Chem-Dog: The Triumph March on Ullanor. The Emperor is 'out of picture'.

In fairness to Angron (not Night Haunter), he's also leaning over. Unlike the others, I think he actually gets the actual triumph of Ullanor, not just the spectacle. At least that's what it conveys to me, his inhibition is gone and he is in tune with just how astoundingly amazing the triumph actually is.

Heru26
15-10-2011, 19:03
And for some reason if you look closely you can actually see that Magnus has both eyes....I'm pretty sure he has one normal eye and one that was smooth like an eye had never been there.

Death Company
15-10-2011, 19:08
In fairness to Angron (not Night Haunter), he's also leaning over. Unlike the others, I think he actually gets the actual triumph of Ullanor, not just the spectacle. At least that's what it conveys to me, his inhibition is gone and he is in tune with just how astoundingly amazing the triumph actually is.

I don't know. He's not leaning over that much. He does seem a bit shorter, and slighter of frame.

I tend to prefer Sanguinius with dark hair, but this is a cool picture regardless.

TrueKin
15-10-2011, 20:13
And for some reason if you look closely you can actually see that Magnus has both eyes....I'm pretty sure he has one normal eye and one that was smooth like an eye had never been there.

As a Daemon Primarch and master of Sorcery he's probably able to control how he looks. There's actually a thread about this question. :D

Phunting
16-10-2011, 01:10
And, a few more:

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Images/BL/blog/2011/10/primarchs%20big.JPG

Can anyone confirm the others? Continuing left to right:
Khan
Err Manus? Or maybe Perturabo?
Dorn (?)
Super massive Horus
Fulgrim

Heh, and yes I think Angron having short man syndrome explains quite a lot...

Israfael
16-10-2011, 01:51
Khan
Ferrus
Dorn
Horus
Fulgrim

Heh, and yes I think Angron having short man syndrome explains quite a lot...

Edited to who I think is who.

I'm pretty sure that's Ferrus, as I thought I recalled Perturabo having hair - even if it is pretty short. I could be wrong though. The rest are pretty obvious.

And yeah, Angron makes much more sense now.

Xisor
16-10-2011, 02:34
In L-R order, it's
The Angel Sanguinius
Magnus the Red
Mortarion
Angron
Jaghatai Khan
Lorgar Aurelian
Rogal Dorn
Horus (the Warmaster yet?)
Fulgrim the Phoenician

ADB's mentioned in his blog that that's Lorgar. Note the 'crozius' as contrasts with the cover (http://www.blacklibrary.com/Images/Product/DefaultBL/xlarge/aurelian.jpg) of Aurelian

SlightlyEstranged
16-10-2011, 03:04
I think that is Mortarion. Not sure if Pert or Mannus was present at the triumph

Phunting
16-10-2011, 11:50
ADB's mentioned in his blog that that's Lorgar. Note the 'crozius' as contrasts with the cover (http://www.blacklibrary.com/Images/Product/DefaultBL/xlarge/aurelian.jpg) of AurelianReally?! Well I can't argue with that! It's obviously the same person as on the cover of Aurelian.

Still, I can't say it looks anything like the Lorgar I've always envisioned. Aside from anything else, surely he should have golden skin?

malika
16-10-2011, 12:02
Why isn't Lorgar gold in these pictures? He was described as having his face covered in gold paper sort of material...

shadowhawk2008
16-10-2011, 12:43
It was golden ink wasn't it?

malika
16-10-2011, 12:54
At least golden skin. However, it might have very well been possible to Lorgar changed in looks at that time since the Emperor told him to be a bit more of a warrior some years before.

In The First Heretic Lorger was described as one of the frailer looking Primarchs, and in many ways also resembling the Emperor's physique (as in facial looks I assume), IIRC.

ashc
16-10-2011, 13:41
In L-R order, it's
The Angel Sanguinius
Magnus the Red
Mortarion
Angron
Jaghatai Khan
Lorgar Aurelian
Rogal Dorn
Horus (the Warmaster yet?)
Fulgrim the Phoenician

ADB's mentioned in his blog that that's Lorgar. Note the 'crozius' as contrasts with the cover (http://www.blacklibrary.com/Images/Product/DefaultBL/xlarge/aurelian.jpg) of Aurelian

I am up with Xisor on this one, having never seen the piece before. It must be Lorgar, no other Legion wore light grey to white armour, besides the Death Guard (and Mortarion's scythe is clearly seen) and Kahn (next to Lorgar).

Very cool piece though.

Temmy
17-10-2011, 13:08
Judging from this picture, Horus suffers mail pattern baldness. Did this cause the heresy? If I was custom genecrafted by my father and went bald, I'd be pretty pissed off at him too.

ashc
17-10-2011, 17:44
A bit like Angron's Short Man Syndrome?