PDA

View Full Version : All Khorne 2000p list

Empirespy
16-10-2011, 10:20
Lords 25.01%
Bloodthirster w/ Immortal fury firestorm blade 500p

Heros 23.26%
Skulltaker

Herald of khone riding juggernaut, w/ Armour of khone firestorm blade Battle standard(hellfire) 315p

Core 27.46%
12 bloodletters w/ full command and endless war (6x2 skulltaker attached) 199p
10 bloodletters w/ full command and endless war (5x2) 175p
10 bloodletters w/ full command and endless war (5x2) 175p

Special 14.01%
8 bloodhounds 280p

Rare 10.26%
2 blood crushers w/ reaper and standard of endless war (herald attached) 215p

Total 1999

OK first I know this list is illegal (don't call the cops :p) but my local gaming group have decided it'll be OK to use it, as it's only one point away from being legal. I would like some help tactics wise, as I have never played fantasy. Basically I plan to move forward at a march with my blood letters, until I think I can charge the enemy (with my additional charge range). My skull taker will join the blood letter unit, giving him protection against shooting, then when I close in I will either send him off to kill an enemy character, or stay in the unit and kill the champion. My blood hounds I intend on flanking the enemy and killing and cannons and the like which may be aiming at the bloodthirster. The blood crushers I will send straight into the midst of my opponents forces, where I will charge into something, so I can make best use of the banner.
And finally my bloodthirster will fly into the enemy and kill every thing it can.
Any comments on what I should be doing more/ of less of? I am going to be playing Dwarves, Empire and Wood Elves (as these are the armies in my gaming group.
Thanks

zielonkak
16-10-2011, 15:04
the army is somewhat low on models....just watch out for dwarves and empire artillary

thesheriff
16-10-2011, 21:48
First, no multiple banners.

Second, I echo the low model count. As nice as a big unit of hounds and some crushers is, it's very expensive.

Bloodletters work best hordes with a herald for hatred. 115pts bags you a model with an amazing profile, a 3+/5++ and killing blow.

Your bsb and the crushers are expensive and will die very quickly.

I would make the following changes;

*Give the Bloodthirster armour of Khorbe instead of Firestorm blade. The 3+ is essential against bowfire. (-10)
*Drop the Herald (-315)
*Add 3 crushers, and drop the command options (+135)
*Drop your current core, and reorganize into one unit of 39 Bloodletters w. Command, IoEW (-26)
*Add a Herald w. Armour of Khorne, BSB, Banner of -2 LD (+215)

So your final list would look like;

Bloodthirster, AoK, Immortal Fury = 490
Skulltaker = 150
Herald, AoK, BSB, Banner of -2 LD = 215
39 Bloodletters, CMD, Icon of Endless War = 535
8 Fleshhounds = 280
5 Bloodcrushers = 350

Hope that Helps :p

thesheriff

zielonkak
16-10-2011, 23:46
i think it looks better...

-Totenkopf-
28-10-2011, 23:32
Nice list, I agree with everyone else though. It is a touch small for 2000 pts. My buddy runs two 40 strong bloodletter hordes, with heralds and has room for flamers and hounds and he cleans house when he doesn't roll like garbage (he rolls a lot of 1s haha)

ArtificerArmour
29-10-2011, 19:31
A herald of tzeentch with loremaster beast magic would help this army too. I echo larger regiments. A squad of 12 could literally be destroyed in a turn.

GenerationTerrorist
29-10-2011, 22:07
OK first I know this list is illegal (don't call the cops :p) but my local gaming group have decided it'll be OK to use it, as it's only one point away from being legal.

I assume by this you are talking about the Bloodthirster being 500pts and the entire army being 1999pts?

That doesn't matter. If it is a 2000pt game, then you go by the percentages of that, rather than the total number of points you spend.