PDA

View Full Version : 1000 points WOC

lisaundead
16-10-2011, 21:04
This is a quick start to my possible future Warriors of Chaos army, basically made up of everything I have at present:

Chaos Sorceror- lv2, MoT, Conjoined Homonculus, Book of Secrets, Bronze Armour of Zhrakk,

Chaos Warriors (14) - Full Command, MoT, Shields.
Chaos Marauders (40) - Full Command, MoK, Flails.
Chaos Warhounds (6)
Chaos Warhounds (6)

Chaos Hellcannon

1001 points in total

Basically, sorcerer sits on corner of warrior block, I have 2 able CC units, some dogs to screen and redirect and the hell cannon to have some fun on flank.

As usual, comments and criticisms more than welcom :)

zielonkak
16-10-2011, 23:51
its okay...should do trick...

Dreadlordpaul
17-10-2011, 08:07
Why do you have the book on the sorceror. Wouldnt the book make the sorceror a level 1 wizard when you have payed for the lvl 2 upgrade

lisaundead
17-10-2011, 11:24
Why do you have the book on the sorceror. Wouldnt the book make the sorceror a level 1 wizard when you have payed for the lvl 2 upgrade

Does the Book alter the sorceror's level to level 1?:confused:
I thought it allows an additional spell from the stated lores.
If it does alter the level then i will of course remove it.
Thanks

RandomSpecific
17-10-2011, 13:23
yeh you wanna read the faq regarding the book.

Chaos Sorceror- lv2, MoT, Conjoined Homonculus, Book of Secrets, Bronze Armour of Zhrakk,

lose the book as said, better to get him another kind of ward to make full use of the MoT, things like collar of khorne,talismans of varying protection and even the opal amulet and charmed shield for 2 one use cheap reliable saves. lots of builds out there but yours is lightly defended and often will not need the conjoined hom due to only 2 spells (i found anyway) collar, charmed shield, biting blade,spell familiar is one im currently having some luck with as an example, but theres many more.

Chaos Warriors (14) - Full Command, MoT, Shields.

this is a solid unit at this level, consider dropping the champ, its expensive and if not blocking challenges for your sorc can be dropped.

Chaos Marauders (40) - Full Command, MoK, Flails.

possibly too large and could be dropped to 30, but a solid block especially at the points level. id recommend switching to great weapons. yes you lose the good initiative, but with this edition itll be rare for you to break an enemy block first round of combat, meaning that after the initial burst you sink to str 3 and then things get ugly. Great weapons make these blocks a bad match up for most enemies. sure theyll kill loads but all those str 5 attacks back can be bad news.try to ensure a good match up when deploying.

Chaos Warhounds (6)
Chaos Warhounds (6)

great, obviously use these to ensure you get good match ups for your units.

Chaos Hellcannon

in low points this could be a nightmare for some, may get you grief but a good pick.

zielonkak
17-10-2011, 14:00
agreed, drop flails and add GW, also add the blasted standard to warriors and get them that extra ward against shooting...

lisaundead
17-10-2011, 14:52
Thanks for the advice guys.
When I get home from work Ill take a look at the army book and check out the suggestions you made.

The Hellcannon is deffo staying, primarily as I have the model (for my Chaos Dwarf army) and I want to use it.

Ill probably drop the Marauders to 30 as suggested.
Ill see what the effect on the points is and what I can do with the rest of the list.

thanks again.

:)

sithdevil
03-11-2011, 05:59
Looks good for 1000 pts, Hellcannons are so much fun. I'd drop the Champ from ur Chaos Warriors and some of the Marauders. I also find Collar of Khorne quite useful too.

Let us know how you go

lisaundead
03-11-2011, 08:50
Following all the very kind advice, I have revised my list to become:

Chaos Sorceror - Lv 2, MoT, Collar of Khorne, Spell familiar
(Still not sure how to make this an effective character)

Chaos Warriors (14) - MoT, Shields, Std, Mus
Chaos Marauders (30) - MoK, GW, FC
Chaos Warhounds (6)
Chaos Warhounds (6)

Chaos Hellcannon

Total comes to 919 pts, so what should I add to make this a competitive 1000pt list, please?
My first game is this weekend against VC.

many thanks :)

CowboyBadger
03-11-2011, 09:35
5 marauder horse, slaanesh, throwing axes

It gives an extra hunter while the dogs shield

<edit>I just realised I'm 4 over, maybe drop the mark and spend the 6 points elsewhere

RandomSpecific
03-11-2011, 12:28
get a charmed shield on your sorc, its dirt cheap and can help out should you explode on top of upping your armour. if you have etherals in your group or will face knights or other armoured opponents consider the biting blade also, load up on the dirt cheap usefull kit.

drop one hound form each unit, 5 is fine for a throw away unit.

youve almost got enough left for scyla, who i personally found useful in small games, dropping the 2 hounds, the marauder champ and a single marauder should give you the points. just one suggestion, other wise dropping the aforementioned units and grabbing a basic flail marauder cav unit could also work fine.

if you struggling for points you could consider dropping one unit of hounds for some changes, you can almost use the hellcannon as a decoy drop as at that points level it should cause some scratching of the head of your opponent as he tries to counter it.

lisaundead
03-11-2011, 12:55
get a charmed shield on your sorc, its dirt cheap and can help out should you explode on top of upping your armour. if you have etherals in your group or will face knights or other armoured opponents consider the biting blade also, load up on the dirt cheap usefull kit.

drop one hound form each unit, 5 is fine for a throw away unit.

youve almost got enough left for scyla, who i personally found useful in small games, dropping the 2 hounds, the marauder champ and a single marauder should give you the points. just one suggestion, other wise dropping the aforementioned units and grabbing a basic flail marauder cav unit could also work fine.

if you struggling for points you could consider dropping one unit of hounds for some changes, you can almost use the hellcannon as a decoy drop as at that points level it should cause some scratching of the head of your opponent as he tries to counter it.

Will definitely take the Charmed Shield and Biting Blade combo on sorceror (dont have BRB in front of me for costs).

Taking Scyla not really an option, would take me over the rare points % and not overly enamoured with spawn and the Hellcannon HAS to stay ;)

I think I will deffo take a unit of horsemen to fill the remaining points gap as Im aiming, ultimately, to field a totally cavalry WoC army in the future so will come in handy there.

thanks for advice :)

RandomSpecific
03-11-2011, 13:03
doh completely forgot about the %s, /facepalm.

as for costs, each is the price of a marauder with a great weapon

best of luck

lisaundead
03-11-2011, 14:39
doh completely forgot about the %s, /facepalm.

as for costs, each is the price of a marauder with a great weapon

best of luck

Many thanks :cool:

lisaundead
03-11-2011, 14:54
Revised list:

Chaos Sorceror - Lv 2, MoT, Collar of Khorne, Spell familiar, Biting Blade, Charmed Shield

Chaos Warriors (14) - MoT, Shields, Std, Mus
Chaos Marauders (29) - MoK, GW, Std, Mus
Marauder Horsemen (5) - MoS, Throwing Axes, Std
Chaos Warhounds (5)
Chaos Warhounds (5)

Chaos Hellcannon

This comes to 1001 pts (if the extra point is a problem, which it wont be I will remove an extra Marauder)

:cool:

TheOneHawk
03-11-2011, 15:06
Honestly, I think you're too heavy on the redirectors and chaff units. Marauder horse and warhounds are great but when you have 3 suicide units at 1000 points.. Also, if you're running marauder horse, drop the standard, get a musician. Half the points and double the usefulness. Should drop you down to 995, throw the 5 point magic standard to reroll first failed leadership on the warriors.