PDA

View Full Version : Legion of Azgorh - 2000pt List (New Chaos Dwarfs)

Time of Madness
17-10-2011, 04:22
Geared towards combat, with some war machine support.

CHARACTERS

Castellan (General)
- Mask of the Furnace
- Shield
= 172pts

*2+ save followed by 4+ ward save

Castellan ( BSB )
- Talisman of Preservation
- Dawnstone
- Enchanted Shield
= 205pts

*2+ re-rollable save followed by 4+ ward save

Daemonsmith
- Level 1 Lore of Fire
- Dispel Scroll
= 120pts

CORE

24 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard (5X5 Formation)
***General Here***
- Full Command
- Hand Weapon/shields
= 318pts

24 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard (5X5 Formation)
***BSB Here***
- Full Command
- Hand Weapon/shields
= 318pts

SPECIAL

4 K’daai Fireborn
= 220pts

Deathshrieker
= 100pts

Deathshrieker
= 100pts

Magma Cannon
= 145pts

RARE

K’daai Destroyer
= 325pts

TOTAL POINTS = 1998pts

The 2 Castellans grant the blocks of infernal guard with stubborn. So I have 2 stubborn anvils I'll place side by side with the flanking support of the destroyer and fireborn. The smith will hang out with the war machines for the re-rolls and the odd fireball.

Rather light on magic compared to the prophet based lists I've been taking.

Time of Madness

Time of Madness
19-10-2011, 18:04
Can I survive with just the level 1? I've been thinking about dropping the level 1 again in favour of the level 4, I'd have to drop a few things to find the points.
Time of Madness

Commodus Leitdorf
19-10-2011, 18:26
As a rule it's probably better to take a lvl 4....

.....However! It really depends on how you want to play it. Honestly the light magic defense and more points in troops/warmachines is the way I like to go so I say stick with it!

bildo
19-10-2011, 18:57
i was running the leaked list from gdfr and i always took the lvl4. my list was also a tiny bit different due to the points increase on the warriors now. but my list was roughly

lvl4
castalen bsb
castalen
lvl 1
khan
20 blunderbusses
20 warriors with shields (normal castalen here)
28 infernals (lvl4 and bsb here)
40 hobgobs
dreadquake
dreadquake

the lvl1 used to hang at the back with the hellcannons shooting off fireball at long range.
all the units had full command.

this list was solid and never lost, the hobgoblins stragnly were the best thing in the army, they once took out a 940pt unit of chaos trolls with throg in (in a doubles game they took out 6 rat ogres and then an ethereal blackcoach that they could even attack).

but you get the jist, still had 2 units that could take a kicking in, several that could dish it out, hope it helps

Time of Madness
20-10-2011, 14:13
This one more competitive?

CHARACTERS

Chaos Dwarf Prophet (general)
- Level 4
- Healing Potion
- Talisman of Preservation
- Enchanted shield
= 385pts

Castellan ( BSB )
- Mask of the Furnace
- Shield
= 197pts

CORE

28 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard (5X6 Formation)
***Prophet and BSB Here***
- Full Command
- Hand Weapon/shields
- Warbanner
= 401pts

20 Hobgoblins
- Full Command
- Bows
= 122pts

SPECIAL

4 K’daai Fireborn
= 220pts

Deathshrieker
= 100pts

Deathshrieker
= 100pts

Magma Cannon
= 145pts

RARE

K’daai Destroyer
= 325pts

TOTAL POINTS = 1995pts

Dropped the second unit of guard/castellan/smith in favour of some hobgoblins and a level 4 prophet.
Time of Madness

Jack of Blades
20-10-2011, 18:26
So the Destroyers are up to 325 points huh... that's interesting. Way more interesting than trying to create a list with a pitiful 2000 points :p increase the size of it I'd say.

CaliforniaGamer
20-10-2011, 18:28
The 2 Castellans grant the blocks of infernal guard with stubborn

Hold it, what?! fighty CD characters grant stubborn to the unit? Am I reading that right?

That is awesome.

Time of Madness
21-10-2011, 02:47
Yes castellans are stubborn and thus grant units stubborn as long as they are alive.

And I have the book, the destroyer bumped up to 325pts, which makes sense as now you can't take 2 of them in 2400pt games ;)

Time of Madness

CauCaSus
24-10-2011, 20:38
Not to highjack the thread, but what models do you plan to use for the fireborn?

Max_Killfactor
25-10-2011, 21:04
Not to highjack the thread, but what models do you plan to use for the fireborn?

I realize that wasn't directed at me, but I figured I'd share my plans.

If there's no models in sight by the start of next year, I'll probably buy some bloodcrushers to use for the fireborn (without the riders).

For the Destroyer, I'm leaning towards the Balrog right now... maybe the Warhammer Forge Bale Taurus as a proxy.

Time of Madness
26-10-2011, 04:17
I've actually removed the fireborn from my list. With T4 and only 2 wounds they were dying a bit too quickly for me. I've replaced them with a unit of 4 bull centaurs with great weaopns, a standard and the banner of swiftness.
Time of Madness

mistrmoon
26-10-2011, 05:56
Just our of curiosity, what base size are you using for them, there seems to be a lot of debate on the chaos dwarf forum about what size they should be on and i can't see anywhere what it should be and apparently FW has decided not to do centaur models.

So RAW they keep using the regular cav bases, which kind of makes sense because they haven't jacked up their damage output at all (except for a s4 stomp) but with them now being monstrous i can see the arguments for them being on 40x40 or 50x50 bases, thoughts anyone?

Jack of Blades
26-10-2011, 09:19
Just our of curiosity, what base size are you using for them, there seems to be a lot of debate on the chaos dwarf forum about what size they should be on and i can't see anywhere what it should be and apparently FW has decided not to do centaur models.

So RAW they keep using the regular cav bases, which kind of makes sense because they haven't jacked up their damage output at all (except for a s4 stomp) but with them now being monstrous i can see the arguments for them being on 40x40 or 50x50 bases, thoughts anyone?

Going by similarity and that they stomp which cavalry doesn't do, I'd say they should be on the same bases that dragon ogres are on.

Time of Madness
26-10-2011, 19:53
I've been running fireborn/centaurs on 40mm bases, but I'm running them 2X2 so it really hasn't mattered as all 4 are getting in combat anyways.

Time of Madness

blood_beast
28-10-2011, 12:45
Yeah they are Monstrous so the Bulls should be on 40x40 bases. As should the K'daai.
I think your list needs more Hobgoblins as I feel you would find yourself MASSIVELY outnumbered by most armies.

mistrmoon
29-10-2011, 18:36
my big problem with rebasing them at this point is that i already have some converted up for the ravening hordes list and i would like to only rebase them once, especially since i will have to order a set of bases for them. So until FW or GW specifically gives me a size mine will remain on cav bases.

logan054
29-10-2011, 19:17
I've actually removed the fireborn from my list. With T4 and only 2 wounds they were dying a bit too quickly for me. I've replaced them with a unit of 4 bull centaurs with great weaopns, a standard and the banner of swiftness.
Time of Madness

Thats a really good change to the list, not so sure about the K’daai Destroyer, it seems a hell of a lot of points for what it does

mistrmoon
30-10-2011, 23:04
T6 with 6W flame body and a 4++ makes the thing stupid hard to kill. It also dishes out a ton of damage in CC. Also has a 2++ vs flaming so you can bounce the occasional dwarf cannonball.