PDA

View Full Version : A question about hatred...

BramGaunt
17-10-2011, 11:18
I am a little confused right now.

Last evening I had a little arguement about hatred with a buddy. He claimed that a unit can benefit from hatred after round 1 of close combat if it directs it's attacks towards a new enemy. I claimed they do not, because it's not the first round of combat.

Example: Dark Elf Warriors charge a Unit of Orc Boys. Of course they get to reroll to hit. The Orcs however do not flee, and in his turn, the Orc Player charges the Warriors with another unit of Orc Boys. Do the Dark Elves get to reroll to hit against the second unit of Orc Boys?

The same question can also be applied to any 1st round of combat effect like orc choppas, I suppose.

I know him to be very sure with rules, but I claim to have a decent knowledge of the rules myself, so I'd be glad if I could get some opinions...?

papabearshane
17-10-2011, 11:22
No, as it is a continuing combat the Dark Elfs will not be able to benifit from hatred, this also applies to things like flails and Choppa rules and lances. Hatered is only on the first turn of any combat no matter how many extra units charge in in later rounds. Re-read the hatred rules in the BRB and it will show you.

BramGaunt
17-10-2011, 11:38
I have the german edition, and translations tend to get sloppy. But thanks, that's exactly how I remember the rule to be.

Yrrdead
17-10-2011, 12:12
The way to counter your friends argument is simple. Ask him if it is the first round of combat for unit with said ability (hatred,choppa,etc.). Just because it is the first round for the opposing unit != first round for every unit.

There is also a blurb in a FAQ but I'm struggling to locate it.

BramGaunt
17-10-2011, 12:55
Thanks a lot. I think this can get closed.