PDA

View Full Version : Dark Elves - 1000pts

Frodo34x
20-03-2005, 14:49
Ok, so here is my 1000pt Dark Elf army. I'm looking for input on how good you would say it is, and what I should be adding with the 125pts left over.

Heroes
Sorceress
Hand Weapon, Lvl.2, Lifetaker,Tome of Furion. 175

Core
Warriors
10 Elves with Repeater Crossbows, Hand Weapons and Sheilds 120

Warriors
10 Elves with Repeater Crossbows, Hand Weapons and Sheilds 120

Warriors
20 Elves with Spears, Hand Weapons, Sheilds and Full Command 185

Dark Riders
5 Elves with Repeater Crossbows, Spears and Handweapons 120

Special
Shades
5 Elves with Repeater Crossbows 70

Rare
Dogs of War
1 Cannon 85

The basic plan is to have the Xbowelves on a hill shooting at the enemy, with the sorceress and cannon nearby. The shades will scout and, combined with the Dark Riders, they will march block, mage hunt, war machine hunt etc. The Spearelves are there to provide a defensive unit which will hang around and get a static combat res.

Bob the destroyer
20-03-2005, 15:00
A unit of dark riders with repeters would do you very well i think. flanks and or annoying your opponent.

Frodo34x
20-03-2005, 15:03
I already have one.

Frodo34x
20-03-2005, 15:57
I'm considering dropping the cannon for a pair of RBT. Comments?

Readamus
21-03-2005, 05:52
I'm considering dropping the cannon for a pair of RBT. Comments?

Repeater bolt throwers are 100 points each; dropping the cannon will not buy one, much less a pair of them.

innervision
21-03-2005, 12:05
Hmm ok turn your warrior squads in 3 squads of 12, that should free enough points for a rbt, at least it wont misfire :rolleyes:

I also think that you could do with another combat unit, rather than so much shooting.

Inquisitor DreaxIV
21-03-2005, 12:16
Dropping the cannon means you can bulk out the warriors with spears as they are your main cc unit, and adding more models to the other units such as shades and dark riders.

Go for Innervision's idea though. Another Repeater CB would be a usefull additon.

Punk_in_Drublic
21-03-2005, 12:47
two RBT's, hands down.

Other than that, a defencive, balanced list that probably will work nicely against other balanced lists. It doesn't pack a lot of punch, though, and you magic will only have an impact on the game if you're lucky at such a low level. (I fancy a hero on steed or pegasus for warmachine hunting, flank/rear charges and such.)

I'd might wanna exchange the shades for harpies. Less shooting, but the harpies can get to the warmachine crews more easily - then harrass flanks and hunt lone characters.

Later,

-Punk

Kul
21-03-2005, 16:49
Pretty much avarage list..
many RXB...looks good.
take one or two RBT and some flyers for mage hunting.

Darmort
21-03-2005, 18:26
Woh woh woh woh, he's got 125 Points free, right? He can trade that Cannon in for two Reaper Bolt Throwers, meaning that 125+85 is 210 Points, so he can get those two Reapers, and then get a Musicain for the Dark Riders, 3 Points out, sounds good to me.

Although you might consider getting a better General, Converting one is fun, but you can use Command Models already.

Frodo34x
22-03-2005, 20:53
I'd rather spend the points on something else than a musician for the Dark Riders. I am going to be using them to run rings around enemy units shooting them. Also, musicians don't do much statisitcally; an extra point of LD when rallying isn't that great when you start off on LD8

EDIT** What combat unit would you suggest I got if I took one of my RBX units out?

Kul
22-03-2005, 21:41
My favorite DE units are executioneers and black guard, so that's my suggestion..
but if those are to many points, I'd say some corsair... :D

*edit* you're right on the musician... but there are even ppl who are taking one for saurus, who have LD8 cold blooded.. :confused:

Stouty
22-03-2005, 21:54
Its worth it for fast cavalry as it gives a rally bonus, trust me you'll kick yourself if a nice fully tolled up unit of dark riders runs of the board coz you ran away as charge reaction and wanted to save the 7 points.

Frodo34x
22-03-2005, 23:03
Im sure I will. But it's only putting up the probability by how much? *attempts to do the math*

Well, with LD8, there are 36 possible dice rolls, of which 26 pass (unless ive done it wrong)
With LD 9 there are 30 possible passes.

Thats going from 72% to 83%

That's only 10%, but either way, it is very likely that I will pass. I've honestly never had a situation with fast cavalry where I've thought "I wish I had a musician", nor can I think of any situation with fast cavalry where I've used the musician.

Oh yeah, and I don't aim to be in many situations where I'm being charged.
[/anti musician rant]
Executioners are very tempting, and I must say that I'm personally opposed to Witch Elves. There's something about paying 13pts for a T3 no AS model that I'm not too attracted too.