PDA

View Full Version : Overrun Charge and Charge, charge bonus

Artiee
17-10-2011, 19:10
On my opponents turn, he wipes out a unit and overruns charge into one of my mine units and then on my turn I flank charge into his unit.

I know we both get a charge res. But does he get to use his charge bonus (spears on mounted) against the unit that charged his flank?

Artinam
17-10-2011, 19:21
Yes, you both count as charging. Unfortunately I don't have a rulebook here to pinpoint the exact rule but you both count as charging with all relative bonuses like lances and penalties (no additional rank fighting with spearmen).

Artiee
18-10-2011, 00:39
So unit of Cold One Knights Overrun into my Goblins. On my Turn I charge the flank of the cold One knights with my Orcs. During the combat the Cold Ones get +1 str for spears for the charge aginist my goblins and my Orcs or just the goblins?

Archon Deloth Vyrr
18-10-2011, 00:47
Logically I would think it would only be your goblins, however, it depends on the wording of the rule.

Bitten Black Sheep
18-10-2011, 01:21
Just +1 str on the goblins. They did not charge the Orcs.
Any attacks directed against the Orcs are at base strength value.
I must admit that I checked in the rulebook and it is not spelled out. However, that is how I, and all my opponents have played it for the last 16 years and it is not logical to do anything else.

Tregar
18-10-2011, 04:00
Models get the bonus strength as long as they have charged. In this case, they have charged, and so get the +1 Str, even though they've also been charged, and even against the models that are charging them. This is how me and my opponents have played this for the last few years, although I must admit this is because we have read and applied the rules and the FAQs on the matter rather than trying to rely on real-world logic in a turn-based game of toy soldiers (some of whom ride giant lizards).

Yrrdead
18-10-2011, 06:24
Pursuit into a new enemy
[...]This might result in both sides having charging units in the same fight, in which case the charging units on both sides will get the normal bonuses conferred by charging (e.g. causing impact hits, benefiting from a lance's Strength bonus, etc., and other bonuses described later in this rules section). Also, both sides will get the +1 combat resolution bonus, which will effectively cancel each other out.

For those of you that were looking for a reference.