PDA

View Full Version : Games Day Armie on parade UD army!

Gotfrom
17-10-2011, 22:30
Hi !

I just saw this today :

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2001879a_m2001380a_NES_AOP_127_Right_-_Popup.jpeg

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2001877a_m2001378a_NES_AOP_127_Left_-_Popup.jpeg

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2001875a_m2001376a_NES_AOP_127_Full.jpeg

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=18500070a

I just wanted to know if you guys just had other pictures of this awesome army !
Or if the personn was on this forum to provide us some more photos !

Thanks

Gotfrom
21-10-2011, 08:34
By the way it looks like Julian bayliss'touch , but not sure !

UberBeast
22-10-2011, 00:59
I particuarly like the castle and terrain board.

CaptScott
23-10-2011, 02:14
Wow, check out those wraiths(?) on the standing stones, second pick, superb! Worthy of a bump so more people can see the links.

Gotfrom
23-10-2011, 06:54
I particuarly like the castle and terrain board.

It makes me think about this the first time :

http://www.solegends.com/citadel/citlogo.gif

But it doesn't not look like it so much finally ^^"

dadadda
25-11-2011, 20:12
@ Gotfrom. Sorry for delay look at this link http://www.sodemons.com/gd29uk/06-fantasyregiment/index.htm

julian bayliss
11-01-2012, 16:55
It makes me think about this the first time :

http://www.solegends.com/citadel/citlogo.gif

But it doesn't not look like it so much finally ^^"
Hello, i had to send you a message, you seem to know me very well, by that you i mean that you were right about the citadel image of the castle being my inspiration for my castle! Didnt copy it directly but it was in my mind when i made it! 10/10 for spotting that!
Also you recognised my painting style for the army! How did you know that?
All the best, julian

Confessor_Atol
11-01-2012, 21:29
Hey Julian, those warseers are a pretty observant bunch.

Congrats on the win and the feature! Your VC stuff is tops. I'm sure I would speak for a lot of people when I say I'd love to see some more shots of that army. ;)

Kenzaburo
11-01-2012, 21:40
cool, the man himself. since you might continue to read this thread: are there any pictures of your chaos marauders around? the ones shown in the recent WD? i'd like to get a better look at them because they were awesome beyond belief. bought the WD just for those pics alone.

cheers,
kenza

julian bayliss
13-01-2012, 19:53
Hello Kenzaburo, thanks for the interest in my marauders, i dont take photos myself, they never look any good, even the guys at gamesworkshop struggle because my minis are so dark! I have seen some pics from gamesday on various forums etc, i entered them in the regiment category at the uk GD. I entered the leader the previous year in the single mini category, it got on the winners table but didnt place, however the Stuff of legends site featured this category in 2010 and there are some pics of it there. If i think of anything else i will let you know.Any questions you want to ask feel free, only too pleased to talk about models.
Also Hi to Confessor-Atol(where do you guys get your names!? Lol, i'm going to have to get myself one!) Thanks for the congratulations, i was pleased with second place in the armies on parade and the best board won, but peeved not to get a trophy for second though! All that work and nothing! I am supposed to be taking the army to be photographed at the GW studios this month so hopefull they will release some more pics! I do have some pics of the black knights and wights that they took pics of last year, would be glad to forward them on to you if you provide your details!
All the best, Julian

Gotfrom
14-01-2012, 15:02
Hey !
(dadadda ) I'm quite late , but thank you very much for the link !

Hello, i had to send you a message, you seem to know me very well, by that you i mean that you were right about the citadel image of the castle being my inspiration for my castle! Didnt copy it directly but it was in my mind when i made it! 10/10 for spotting that!
All the best, julian

Thanks ^^" !

I was just traumatized (was still a kid )by the awesomness of your chaos army (Posted in an oooold white dwarf , around 2002 or 2003 not sure . With 2 Forge world mammoth ) .

Anyway that army just stuck in my mind until now and when I saw this UD army with so much conversion and this dark painting style , it just rings me a bell , what if .... , that's all !

Just awesome scheme and conversions !

Let's hope you'll have enough time to do others project like those one !
(sorry for my mistakes ! I'm not english )

Edit : if you have any blog , or plan to take some pictures of your ud army or even of your chaos army , just let me know ! Great source of inspiration.

julian bayliss
14-01-2012, 15:49
Hello Gotfrom, its really great for me to have anyone remember my chaos army from way back!Still have the army and the 2 mammoths! I have been thinking about hacking one up and converting it again!
I always try to paint models in a dark and gritty way, i dont want them to look clean and tidy, even my woodelves look more like chaos! Lol
Your English is very good by the way!Where are you from? Which army gives you the most enjoyment?
Again well spotted and all the best to you!

Kayosiv
14-01-2012, 16:09
All the best, julian

Any chance we could get some close up pictures of that Zombie dragon in the back right? It looks fantastic and I'd like to see the detail.

CaliforniaGamer
14-01-2012, 16:25
Julian-

That is the greatest painted mini collection Ive ever seen. You are a master. Please write a book or tutorial. I definitely pay to learn how you do this.

julian bayliss
14-01-2012, 19:10
Hello, many thanks for your over the top, but very kind words! Lol. I am so pleased you like them! My interest in the hobby is based on the interesting background for the warhammer world and armies, and i can never find the right mini to match up to the standard of the artwork, so i make them myself, you have to have a large bitz box though! My pleasure is making something no one else has.
The undead army sits on 1 shelf in my cabinets, i have another 14 shelves full of models, and then 3 boxes of models i made ages ago. I occasionally raid these boxes for body parts for my next project!
What armies do you collect?

julian bayliss
14-01-2012, 19:16
Dadadda has some photos of the zombie dragon on his website and there is also a photo in the decembers WD magazine. There may be some more photos soon because the army is going to be photographed at the GW HQ. date to be arranged. Really pleased you like the Dragon, i enjoyed making it! I set myself a month to complete it, but as usual i finished in just over a week. Its all about having the right parts for these projects, finding them is the hardest part, putting them together is much easier!

Gotfrom
14-01-2012, 19:38
just pm you julian

Urgat
14-01-2012, 20:51
It looks awesome but, honestly, it's not much of an army, really :p

julian bayliss
19-01-2012, 10:14
Hi , i have a few photos of my undead models on the cool mini site, High scores and kind comments would be most welcome! Lol, Jools

smlhgfaz
20-01-2012, 11:01
i love the death legion! i find it really great! miniatures perfectly painted and an incredible realism in the terrain!