PDA

View Full Version : DE executioner style

Fenrisulfr
18-10-2011, 05:26
with lots of help from these boards, I've made the following list. Please let me know what y'all think.

Lords
Supreme Sorceress
- Level 4
- Dark Magic
- Crystal of Midnight
- Seal of Ghrond
- Darkstar Cloak

Heroes
Death Hag
- Cauldron of Blood
- BSB

Core
10 Dark Elf Repeater Crossbowmen
- Musician
10 Dark Elf Repeater Crossbowmen
- Musician
42 Dark Elf Warriors
- FC
- Assassin
o Venom Sword
o Extra Hand Weapon

Special
5 Cold One Knights
50 Executioners
- FC
- Banner of Swiftness
8 Shades

Rare
2 Reaper Bolt Throwers
War Hydra

Tigranius
18-10-2011, 11:19
Pretty sure an assasin counts towards your points as a hero, not the core choices.

Good solid list i think. Personally i am a fan of 2 hydra's in an army list. Scares the **** out of your opponent when you are fielding them, specially when you run them next to each other.

GL on the list!

tmarichards
18-10-2011, 20:56
Assassin don't count towards any category's pts total.

Crystal of Midnight is really not worthwhile- with high leadership and re-rolls being a current trend it isn't that expensive, and even if they do fail there's a good chance the mage will forget a spell they don't care about. I'm sure that once in a while it'll snipe someone's Mindrazor, but the points can be spent better elsewhere (2 shades, for example).

You'll get better results out of the Sacrificial Dagger than the Darkstar Cloak.

Split the warriors into 2 units- one of 15 with standard bearer, champion and the Standard of Discipline, and the rest into the other unit. This second unit can have full command and shields. Personally, I don't like warriors as a combat unit (I only use them for the bunker), I prefer Corsairs, but you do end up with around half as many bodies. Play some games with each option, see which you prefer.

That assassin build is unfortunately not very good- I tried him for a couple of games and then swapped him out for a shooty assassin (rending stars and manbane). A big problem is that because the Venom Sword is a magic weapon, he can't use it with a mundane hand weapon- so he has only 3 attacks, and most of the time the stuff you're going after will be T6 so he'll need 6s to wound it. Overall, the Venom Sword is (while a nice idea) a terrible item in game, the assassin just doesn't benefit from it and then he's very easy to kill. If you're interested in some of the games I played with my assassins, I've taken them to 2 recent events, one where I took 1 and one where I took 2. Those tournaments were Tempest 4 and the Warlords GT, the links to the games and the lists can be found in my signature.

Reapers don't really do much more than shades for their pts to be honest. While I usually avoid the second hydra (I don't rate it, I think a second is simply either a "noob-killer" or a liability), in this list I think it could work because you need as much as you can to draw fire off the bus.

bildo
18-10-2011, 21:08
do the execs have the banner that gives asf? or the one from the brb thats +1move?

tmarichards
18-10-2011, 21:22
+1 move, the ASF banner is too many pts for them to take (35 and they're only allowed 25) :(

Joeman169
19-10-2011, 13:55
I have a 40 man Executioner Hoard with the Standard of Discipline that I find works really well with Stubborn tests. That way the General doesn't have to be so close...just the Cauldron. +1 movement to me doesn't seem to be as necessary as the leadership.

I also agree with tmarichards in the preference of Corsairs to Warriors. With the best save in the army vs shooting they are very durable. with the frenzied banner and Handbows they are one of the most versatile units in the army. I do see where people like the extra handweapon instead, but i have had good success with handbows. I also think they are one of the coolest looking models in the game(Executioners are my Favorite)

That would be my 2cents