PDA

View Full Version : Lord on dragon with ToP

TheOneHawk
18-10-2011, 06:07
Does the dragon also benefit from the ward save? I don't think he does, but I can't find anything directly saying it doesn't. Would be very, very handy if it does.

TheOneHawk
18-10-2011, 06:16
Also, would the Fleshy Abundance spell from LoN give the dragon regen? I'm pretty sure crown of everlasting conquest wouldn't simply because it says bearer, not model.

Alathir
18-10-2011, 06:27
No to the first question and no for the everlasting conquest crown as well. As for the spell, it affects both the mount and the rider.

TheOneHawk
18-10-2011, 06:32
So the only way I can get any kind of save against say a cannon for my dragon would be to get fleshy abundance and cast it on him.

Alathir
18-10-2011, 06:45
So the only way I can get any kind of save against say a cannon for my dragon would be to get fleshy abundance and cast it on him.

Yeah, pretty much. Any items that apply to a unit would affect mounts and the like but otherwise, using a dragon is a gamble.

TheOneHawk
18-10-2011, 06:48
They really need to make it less of a horrible choice to have a combat lord on a dragon. It's so cool, and the models are huge money for GW but they made it tactically useless. Again.

Alathir
18-10-2011, 07:24
They really need to make it less of a horrible choice to have a combat lord on a dragon. It's so cool, and the models are huge money for GW but they made it tactically useless. Again.

My own experience forces me to disagree, it's all about placement I find, using the terrain, getting those flank and combo charges. The Crown of Command makes a Dragon riding lord an even scarier prospect. If you do have to expose the dragon for a magic or shooting phase, then try to expose other vital elements of your army as well. I find this works quite well most of the time with my High Elves as you force your opponent to wonder which is the higher priority.

Still, this is a discussion for another thread.

stainawarjar
18-10-2011, 08:36

Well, you could always play Wood Elves.

warplock
18-10-2011, 10:20
WellX, you could always play Wood Elves.

Yeah they don't have cannons ;-)

Tuttivillus
18-10-2011, 11:17
No but they have an item which gives 3+ WSV. to rider and his mount :D

Morax
18-10-2011, 12:33
For your chaos dragon, you can protect him with a screen of trolls. Place a unit of 6+ trolls in front of the dragon and it should absorb any cannon balls on the first and second turn. 4+ regen on the first troll, the cannon needs to roll a 3+ to kill it then a second 4+ regen on the second troll and again the cannon needs to roll a 3+ to kill it. Should get you close to a 80% chance of success that the cannon ball stops in the unit and never hits the dragon.

AnomalyOfAwesome
18-10-2011, 13:58
There is always the Iron Curse Icon...