PDA

View Full Version : Flag of Blood Keep vs Dwellers

GotrekFan
19-10-2011, 08:30
In the vamp book the Flag of blood keep offers a 4+ ward against ANY ranged attack including war machines, templates, magic missiles, etc.
Dwellers states that no save of any kind is allowed.

If army book trumps the BRB, which ruling do I follow? Playing a game tonight and it might come up. Don't mind either way, but it might be a nice loophole.

soultaker
19-10-2011, 08:56
There is no contradiction, flag of blood keep gives a ward save against ranged attacks, no saves may be taken against dwellers. Therefore you dont take saves...

TheOneHawk
19-10-2011, 08:57
If a spell doesn't allow saves of any kind, it doesn't allow saves, of any kind, no matter where they are or how they are worded. You don't even get magic resistance against spells that ignore saves of any kind.

It's kinda stupid, actually.

Tuttivillus
19-10-2011, 16:41
Todays moan :

Yeah, what kind of magic resistance is that, if it cannot resist magic :D

bildo
19-10-2011, 16:56
it does, but only ranged that allow saves, you dont here me complaining about my bloodletters magic res being useless, or tzeentch warriors with a blasted standard complaining:shifty:

Tregar
19-10-2011, 17:00
My Tzeentch Warriors often talk to me to complain. And my cat tells me to kill people. What kind of weirdo are you? :angel:

popisdead
19-10-2011, 20:31
My Tzeentch Warriors often talk to me to complain. And my cat tells me to kill people. What kind of weirdo are you? :angel:

"Marge! Marge!, the doll's trying to kill me and the toaster's been laughing at me"

That kind. :shifty:

Zoolander
23-10-2011, 17:15
No saves allowed, and yeah I wish they'd hurry the ***** up and fix MR.

Scalebug
27-10-2011, 16:08
Mmm... the change of Magic resistance in 8th was a well intended attempt of ironing out bumps that didn't work out, but quickly fell apart...

Now needs a re-write la Powerscroll... make it ignore spell effects on a X+ roll or something (and of course, if they do that, there will be a very short respite before people start questioning how to resolve if the resistence should only work if actually targeting the resistent model, or if it is cast on another model and then affecting it... like how the old Steamtank was immune to spells, but things like Hand of Dust wasn't actually cast on it... :p)

belgarath97
27-10-2011, 17:11
No saves allowed, and yeah I wish they'd hurry the ***** up and fix MR.

I bet if you hold your bredth.... you'll be dead long before MR changes. I don't think they ever will.

As to the original post, as other have said if the spell doen't allow saves, then you don't get any saves.

Akkaryn
28-10-2011, 08:21
My gaming group are thinking about changing the auto die spells to encourage spell variation (we all play armies with access to every law)

I certainly feel if you changed it so they did something like a strength 7 hit if they failed the test and a strength 3 if they pass doing d3 wounds. They remain good spells but are not something to specifically take that lore for.

But in my group we don't use death stars so we don't have to deal with 3+ ward chosen or the like.