PDA

View Full Version : Sisters of battle/WH poll

Latro_
19-10-2011, 23:57
This is sparked from another thread to stop a barrage of posts and also it got me thinking about this army because i'v not seen one in a while.

a1elbow
20-10-2011, 01:15
This is sparked from another thread to stop a barrage of posts and also it got me thinking about this army because i'v not seen one in a while.

I play them and I get that a lot. Most of the WH armies I see were Inquisitor based, mine is pure Sisters, even in the new book I won't take Conclaves.

Also, this poll will get pretty skewed results as most people don't have much interest in Sisters and will skip it.

starlight
20-10-2011, 01:22
Yes, I own a full FOC of pure Sisters, as well as about four squads of Arbites.

Sadly, they're in storage along with all of my hobby stuff while I work in the north... :(

chromedog
20-10-2011, 01:23
Never collected them.
Not considering them (not in finecast, not in metal and not in plastic. A plastic repressor would be nice though.)

Have played with a non-SoB WH army though (no SoB infantry, only Inquisitors and vehicles).
Not fussed if the army goes away. 90% of that army (non-SoB) was borrowed from 2 other armies anyway.

SaintTom
20-10-2011, 01:44
If they were plastic/cheaper I'd grab some to go with my traitor guard, or work on them a bit more to put with my CSM.

PhalanxLord
20-10-2011, 01:59
I have 5Kpts but with the crappy WD book I've decided to sell some of my extra stuff (about a third of my bolter sisters, an extra canoness, some extra seraphim, etc) to get some cash to try something else. With SoB having bad new rules, nids being really mediocre, and SW being fairly bland by this point I'm hoping that Space Tomb Kings will be awesome.

barontuman
20-10-2011, 02:09
Put them on the shelf until they become more competitive.

Okuto
20-10-2011, 02:33
Yep they are on the shelf as half of my army is illegal now,on the bright side my IG army just got bigger

Colonel Kolm
20-10-2011, 02:39
I've never had any desire to collect them. cool idea but personally id rather SoB and GK have just not been made into books thus taking up resources from other established armies in need of help(ie orks before they finally got their codex upgraded, craftworld eldar, dark angels(yes i know we can argue on another marine chapter taking up too much time as well, i just included them as a reference of pre-established yet out of date army), etc)

Dervos
20-10-2011, 04:58
I've already made plans for SOB to be my second army, I just need to finish painting the Eldar units I have now(30 dire avengers, 2 autarchs, 2 swooping hawks exarchs, 2 wraithlords, 17 striking scorpions, one wave serpent, and then 16 wraithguards, two warlocks and a prince yriel that should be in the mail by now) so I can give my complete attention to SOB.

I'm trying to be optimistic but I think it'll be at least a month before I can even consider buying any SOB models just with the sheer amount of painting I have to do.

Scythe
20-10-2011, 10:27
I'm in the no, but I would collect corner. The concept of the army has always appealed to me; a very characterful army and a great addition to 40k. Never got around to buying an army though; having an old codex and expensive models didn't help. The white dwarf list did a good job making sure I won't be starting the army any time soon. When they get some models and a proper codex, I might reconsider.

Though it all depends on the release. I played Daemonhunters before Grey Knights hit the shelves, and I basically retired that army. No terribly inspiring models and a shift of focus of the codex meant it didn't hold any interest for me anymore.

Harold Zoid
20-10-2011, 10:34
Have approximately 100 sisters and 15 vehicles. Also have 50-60 models which I cant use anymore (mainly zealots, some stormtroopers and retinue members).
All of it is shelved. I hate that update. Weak, flavourless, invalidated too many of my models (ok, I understand that stromtroopers should go, but why cant canoness take jump pack anymore).

Agusto
20-10-2011, 12:11
Before I even begin, I am one of those who loved the old C:WH and sorely miss my inquisitorial elements and nifty wargear (psychic hood... where are you now?) I am praying to Slaanesh that we really do get a real codex in the future!

But even so, I have found that SoB can be a decent army. Even somewhat competetive if you know both your own army as well as that of your opponent. Out of the last eight games I have played with the new SoB I have won seven and had one draw. In all honesty, one of those games should have been a loss if lady luck hadn't completely deserted my opponent during the last three turns (there was such a hilarious situation that I think I will have to write it down and post it someday) and the game with the draw could, due to the special scenario, have been an easy win but my opponent decided to play in the spirit of the game instead. But anyway, so far I have found that even if we will never win a GT or such, mostly due to the fact that we can't spam anything broken and the bigger issue that we are down to only one troop choice that quite frankly can't perform miracles anymore... oh, how I miss my three (possible) AP1 flamers and no cheap objective campers, we can still win games! Strangely, one of the biggest strenghts so far are the facts that my opponents either are unaware of what my units can do or that they tend to underestimate what they are capable of.

So. Rant over. Still miss C:WH, but SoB can and will win games if you know what you are doing.

LonelyPath
20-10-2011, 12:17
I have a small force that's been sitting on a shelf (well, in a box) for a number of years now. It just got to expensive to collect them.

Inquisitor_Eljer
20-10-2011, 12:57
I have roughly 4000 pts of SoB and another 1500 or so in Inquisitorial units that could be converted over to Eccl. units, but I dislike the WD codex so they currently sit until I either get another codex or I sell mine (leaning towards selling and getting out of the hobby all together).

andrewm9
20-10-2011, 13:02
I had about 8 or 9 thousand points worth of Witch Hunters, but I haven't tallied up what my army is worth under the new system. Its doubtful I would field them in such large number under the new codex after this December. I am planning an Apocalypse game involving Sisters then so we will see if they can match up. My poor Inquisition models may never see the field again as they don't really have much of a place anywhere.

omegoku
20-10-2011, 13:27
I would like to grab a few squads in plastic to add to my Imperial collection, but I doubt I would use them much outside Apocalypse games

marv335
20-10-2011, 14:06
I have some, around 2000pts worth.
They're on a shelf, but not because of the rules revamp, they're just not in the ascendant in my army collection at the moment.

Yunaris
20-10-2011, 14:34
I was saving up a considerable bit of cash to throw at GW the moment they brought out a new codex and plastic sisters. The moment they decided not to I decided to spend the money on something else, obviously they don't want it.

sasheep
20-10-2011, 14:37
I have a small force of them but they are on the shelf at the moment. Not because of the new WD codex but simply because i could only take a limited number of models to uni and I went for my DE instead. Might dust them off at some point if a propper codex starts being talked about though.

Hrw-Amen
20-10-2011, 14:37
Yes I have a huge SOB army and just SOBs none of the other stuff. Bought some more to paint up to get in the mood for new releases when i heard the WD thing was coming out. Really disappointed it did not happen with new models so have shelved them again and not bought anything else.

Snowflake
20-10-2011, 14:38
I'm also in the boat of having a complete, all-sisters army (I never liked the inquisitorial stuff), and they are FIRMLY on the shelf until I get an update that's not garbage. The WD update really made me mad, I refuse to play them with that farce of a ruleset.

Going with Dark Eldar now.

ColShaw
20-10-2011, 14:39
I've got about 1750 of pure Sisters. I hate the WD 'dex with a deep and burning hatred, so they're shelved for the present.

FredegarKadere
20-10-2011, 21:49
I have around 8500 points in Adepta Sororitas that can be brought to the table, plus another 200 points or so in change for extra HQs and Superiors. 350+ infantry models is a fair bit.

If I added in my older Witch Hunter and Inquisition stuff I'd be in at another 2000 or so.

I will be fielding all of it in an Apocalypse game in two weeks. I try to get in a 1500 to 2500 point game every two weeks.

Scribe of Khorne
21-10-2011, 01:59
I'd collect em if they sold them in the same $/kit as DE, in a heartbeat really if they had full Arbites support.

Angelwing
21-10-2011, 06:00
I have a large army that occasionally comes out to play. I've not used the WD dex though as I'm waiting for the official PDF on the website. So Codex witch hunters for the time being.

Xelloss
21-10-2011, 08:52
All of my armies are shelved. But SoB are the only one with models I bought solely to be shelved and never played with.

Souleater
21-10-2011, 12:08
I have owned an SoB army since the first codex. I haven't played with them for about three years, I think. They are however my only painted army at the moment. Themeatically I really like the army but was particularly bad at playing :(

I would be interested in plastic sisters to convert for a few units in my planned Chaos army.

ChromeZephyr
21-10-2011, 15:05
I've had a plan for a Temple Guard force for my Word Bearers warhost for a while, but between the "meh" WD mini-dex, the lack of plastic models to convert, and nerd-lust for the DE and forth-coming 'crons I don't see it being anymore than just a plan.

Vet.Sister
22-10-2011, 14:54
I have owned an SoB army since the first codex. I haven't played with them for about three years, I think. They are however my only painted army at the moment. Themeatically I really like the army but was particularly bad at playing :(

I would be interested in plastic sisters to convert for a few units in my planned Chaos army.

I also have owned a SoB army since the first codex. I also havent played with them for about 3 years since it is a 45 minute drive (one way) to 'perhaps' find a pickup game. They are one of my painted armies at the moment (Orkz & Tyranids). Thematically I really like the army but was particularly bad at playing as well. :cries:

I also am very interested in plastic Sisters to convert for a few units like, Celestians and Dominions. :D