PDA

View Full Version : 2400pts Ogre Kingdoms - New Player

!Bob
20-10-2011, 11:30
Soooo......this is being done from memory as I'm at work and forgot to bring the list with me. I'm new to Warhammer (though not 40k). I've decided to pick up Ogre Kingdoms cos I love the models and hate painting hordes so here goes.

Limitations:
The rare slots are set, I'm definitely keeping those. Everything else is open to being changed, though ideally I'd like 2 casters. Oh, and no Gnoblars, not because I have anything against them stats wise, its just that I know that I'll simply never paint them.

Things I'd like:
I'd like to try and fit in 2-3 sabretusks to set up and block charges. I really like the idea of a horde of bulls but I don't know if its worth the points.

The list:
HQ:
1x Slaughtermaster
Level 4, Lore of the Great Maw
Gruts Sickle

1x Bruiser
BSB

1x Butcher
Level 1, Lore of Beasts

Core:
16x Ogres
Ironfists
BSB & Slaughtermaster go in here
Full Command

5x Ironguts
Butcher goes in here
Full Command

Special:
4x Mournfang Cavalry
Heavy Armour
IronFists
Dragonbane Banner (the reroll one)
Full Command

Rare:
2x Ironblaster

1x Thundertusk

As I say, the points might not tot up exactly cos I'm doing this from memory but I'd really really appreciate suggestions. I'm not sure about using a BSB, or the big Ogre block, I love the Mournfangs. TBH, as I said, other than the Rares I'm totally open to suggestions.

Anyway, thank you pre-emptively :)

drear
20-10-2011, 11:51
you should definitly find points to give the ironguts a magical banner. 10 points for a loverly flaming banner would mean they can hunt scary regen units.

your opponent has the advantage of being able to focus on that 1 unit of 16 and pretty much mop up after its gone.
it might be an idea to run 2 units of 8-9 ogres, and 9 ironguts.
dropping the mournfang down to 3 .

!Bob
20-10-2011, 14:09
I like the idea of the 2 units of 8 bulls and the bigger unit of ironguts. I also like the idea of the flaming bannner, even at the cost of one mournfang.

Assuming I go with that, what would you do with the commanders? Who would go where? Would you keep all three?

!Bob
21-10-2011, 08:06
Okay, again, this has been done from memory, but should be 2400

Slaughtermaster
-L4
-Iron Fist
-Grut's Sickle

Bruiser
-BSB
-Crown of Command
-Sword of Striking
-Iron Fist
-Heavy Armor

Butcher
-L2
-Iron Fist
-Dispel Scroll

7x Ogres
-Iron Fists
-Musician
-Standard

7x Ogres
-Iron Fists
-Musician
-Standard

7x Ironguts
-Musician
-Standard
-Standard of Discipline

3x Mournfang Cavalry
-Ironfists
-Heavy Armor
-Dragonbane Banner

Ironblaster

Ironblaster

Thundertusk

Ideally I'd like to add either 2 or 3 Sabretusks. Don't know how I'm gonna fit them :-/ Drop an item off the bruiser and drop the Dragonbane banner?

Draven54
08-11-2011, 05:38
Well, your list is at 2320 right now you could fit in 3 sabretusk and still be under the 2400 point mark.