PDA

View Full Version : 1000 points - 2 Dark Elves armies

Byakuei
20-10-2011, 19:45
Yo guys, need a lil bit of advice cuz i had reeaaaaaallly long break from WH and dunno if what i came up with is any good. Thx for ur replires in advance ;)

Here we go - number 1 army list "The annoying one":

Heroes
Sorceress - 135
lvl 2
Lore of Fire: Fireball and Piercing Bolts

Sorceress - 115
lvl 1
Tome of Furion
Lore of Shadows: Miasma and Withering

Core

21x Crossbowmen - 215
Guardmaster

21x Crossbowmen - 215
Guardmaster

21x Crossbowmen - 215
Guardmaster

Rare

Bolt Thrower - 100

Total points: 995

And the 2nd one, more "normal" i believe :p

Heroes

Sorceress - 115
lvl1
Tome of Furion
Lore of Fire: Fireball and Piercing Bolts

Noble - 96
Beastmasters Scourge
Heavy Armor
SDC
Shield

Core
35x Corsairs -350 FC
Extra hand weapon
Banner of Murder

10x Crossbowmen - 105
Guardmaster

10x Crossbowmen - 105
Guardmaster

Rare
Hydra - 175

In the second one I was thinking about putting Warriors with shields instead of Corsairs and adding an Assasin but not rly sure about that 1 less attack.
Anyway, all your opinions would be read and consider so post a lot :P

ftayl5
21-10-2011, 10:05
Woah that's a lot of crossbowmen! Basically your first list is awful as it is. Gunlines just don't work in this edition as combat usually starts by turn 2 or 3 at the latest. You'll get almost 130 shots per turn yeah, but once they get to your lines, you're very very dead.
Then again at 1000pts, the only things that will survive those shots will be very very heavily armoured units... so maybe it isn't so bad. I'd advise against it as if nothing else, this will be boring.

List #2

Much better. :)

Master is good, sorceress is good but you cant pre-pick your spells you have to roll for them. Lore of fire is nice at 1000pts, but I'd also advise shadow instead. Up to you though.

Otherwise this list is pretty good. Play semi-defensively and then attack with combined charges of corsair and hydra and you should do very well.