PDA

View Full Version : Throgg character mounts?

Maerius
22-10-2011, 18:02
I'm getting started on a Throgg army and want to incorporate FW's Plague Toads in it. One is going to be pulling a warshrine. The other 2 I'd like to use as character mounts - a Sorc Lord and BSB. Would they work better as Daemonic Mounts or pulling chariots? I plan on making a monster list, so no rank and file troops they'll be able to join with (i.e. Trolls, ogres, DO's).

bildo
22-10-2011, 18:09
yeh sounds good

Maerius
22-10-2011, 19:26
yeh sounds good

Lol, which one? Chariots for the characters (either or both) or Daemonic mounts?

bildo
22-10-2011, 19:43
both, they would suit daemonic mounts, and would looks cool pulling chariots

Maerius
22-10-2011, 20:09
both, they would suit daemonic mounts, and would looks cool pulling chariots

I'm pretty new to this game (as far as doing more than painting), so my question was more along the lines of: which would operate better in a Throgg list as far as a mount for a Sorcerer Lord and a BSB, Daemonic mounts or Chariots? Is one more effective or they're about the same? Factor in there are no man-sized rank-and-file units.

Thanks.

Bgmique
23-10-2011, 18:02
How about Kazyk...being a nurgle character on a mount?

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer/Warhammer_Monsters/KAZYK-THE-BEFOULED-ON-ROT-BEAST.html

What kind of throgg list are you doing? Is it all monstrous infantry? will you have Throgg worshiping marauders? or is it just a list that has throgg in it?

side note: I use a OK Gorger for throgg. What'll you use?

also, I might have the other two pulling chariots, that way all three are pulling something like a beast of burden, and characters can ride chariots. You could even leave the characters on their bases and have extra chariot crew on bases so you can swap them out

Maerius
23-10-2011, 22:21
How about Kazyk...being a nurgle character on a mount?

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer/Warhammer_Monsters/KAZYK-THE-BEFOULED-ON-ROT-BEAST.html

What kind of throgg list are you doing? Is it all monstrous infantry? will you have Throgg worshiping marauders? or is it just a list that has throgg in it?

I'm not looking to put in any man-sized models other than the necessary heroes. So, Trolls, Ogres, Dragon Ogres, Warshrine, and possibly: Shaggoth, Chaos Spawn, Giant, Hellcannon, Warhounds, Daemon Prince. The army is going to have a Nurgle-look to it, with Marks of Nurgle on units that have it available.

side note: I use a OK Gorger for throgg. What'll you use?

I plan to use one of ForgeWorld's Bile Trolls as a basis for Throgg.

also, I might have the other two pulling chariots, that way all three are pulling something like a beast of burden, and characters can ride chariots. You could even leave the characters on their bases and have extra chariot crew on bases so you can swap them out
I think both ways would look good with the Toads, but I'm really wondering what people think would be more effective (i.e. Daemonic Mount vs. Chariot).

Nickthebear
25-10-2011, 07:43
Well how big is the army you are going for and is it feasable to have one character on a daemonic mount and one on a chariot...a good rule i use is if i think both would be good instead of picking one have both. obviously depends on the size your doing but at 2000 plus id say chaiot and deamonic mount characters

Morax
25-10-2011, 16:34
i would say go with the daemonic mount. There are several items in the WoC book that protect your characters from shooting. It is easier to use them from the back of a 1 wound mount then a chariot and since the chariot also cannot march it is easier to keep up with the army from the back of the daemonic mount. I would however advise you strongly to amp up the protection on that sorcerer and bsb as they ARE going to be targets.

popisdead
25-10-2011, 21:18
I run a Slaanesh mage on a Steed in Fast cav in my Throgg army. I enjoy EotG buffing my own Trolls with the Frenzy spell ;) Plus the 6th spell is fairly low to cast and helps vs say, hordes of goblins.