PDA

View Full Version : 1000p Night Goblins friendly list

Algovil
23-10-2011, 15:17
So a friendly list to start up O&G using no metals.

LORDS:
Night Goblins War Boss - 55

HEROES:
Night Goblin Big Boss: BSB - 55
Night Goblins Shaman: lvl1 - 50

CORE:
60 Night Goblins: FC, spears, nets - 255
20 Night Goblins: FC, bows - 90
Fanatics - 75

RARE:
Giant - 200

This is what I've decided on so far, using the models currently available. I will keep the Giant :P

What should I buy to get up to 1000p? Planning on 3 common trolls, leaving me with 25 points, which I could use for some items for my General and BSB.

Any other ideas?

Thanks guys

zielonkak
23-10-2011, 17:41
maybe add doom diver, and gear on charcters....trolls are good idea only watch low leadership even with lords leadership

Algovil
23-10-2011, 18:03
Ok, Doom diver is probably great, I really just can not find myself buying the metal model, crazy I know, but since the rest of the army is plastic, and at the moment I have not even got enough time fully painting the other armies, this will remain unpainted for the near future. Therefore, I m looking for plastic or finecast only. Would go rock lobber but can not fit into allowance and to be honest I uite like the idea of an army with only puny goblins and monsters.

Are a small units of 3 trolls worthwhile, can they work as a hammer? True, with ld7, things are not looking good with stupidity, any other ideas?

zielonkak
23-10-2011, 19:16
well....you could cut back on a fanatic and cut 25 pts, and instead of trolls you could play a big block of wolf riders and beef them up...they would act as a solid block and do damage...you could add goblin wolf chariots to add a punch....or kill giant and add new massive spider monster....also try to gear characters...u want them to stay alive...

Algovil
23-10-2011, 20:50
Hm, maybe, could spider riders work as well? Have got 5 here, 75 with musician. Yep need to give some gear to the characters, any ideas?

mistrmoon
24-10-2011, 01:54
keep it cheap; gamblers armour, shield, Sword of might for the lord. Light armour and enchanted shield for the bsb and maybe a cheap ward like opal amulet, or if you want to spend a bit more, armour of silvered steel, luck stone and a GW works well for bsbs. I'd up the mage to a lvl2, i find lvl1s to be useless.

zielonkak
24-10-2011, 02:05
spider riders arent that effective..but it could work for your theme thing going

Shield of Freedom
24-10-2011, 02:08
Skarsnik and Gobbla...

Yeah, I know he's still metal, but it's awesome to actually have a Ld 9 general in an all goblin army!

djpringle
24-10-2011, 03:44
I think Skarsnik busts your 250pt Lords limit though. Put the warboss and the BSB in the big block of NG and get the +1 Ld banner. Give your warboss a ward save and maybe get another bigboss with GW.
I wouldn't bother with trolls as your overall Ld is low anyway

Algovil
24-10-2011, 12:22
Yep Skarsnik will have to wait til 1500 =) Thanks for good answers.

djpringe: I think that is the way to go actually, the big block is my only real threat and it must not run away, giving them bosses protection might be more important than trolls, now this is a theme list but anyway.

I was thinking of getting another shaman for 2 lvl1s, one in each archer unit, that way I can roll extra mushroom dice and don't mind if one blows up. Dispelling will really suffer though.

Ok the list:

LORDS:
Night Goblins War Boss: Shield, Sword of Anti-Heroes, Gamblers Armour - 113

HEROES:
Night Goblin Big Boss: BSB, Light Armour, Shield, Standard of dicipline - 74
Night Goblins Shaman: lvl2, Sceptre of Stability - 100

CORE:
60 Night Goblins: FC, spears, nets - 255
Fanatics - 75

RARE:
Giant - 200

Total 997p

Don't know if I can protect both the Warboss and the BSB enough, actually this list seems quite weak, but that is the price you pay when using NG characters etc. I went for the warboss, keeping the BSB cheap, he will probably die anyway, I'll try it out for fun, try to avoid enemies with high strength attacks, and challange characters with the Warboss. The BSB can always transfer to another unit if the Horde is in trouble, buying me time, say keeping one archer unit behind the horde if needed and placing the BSB there.

zielonkak
24-10-2011, 19:55
u are going to have trouble...

Algovil
24-10-2011, 21:59
Probably yes, I know, drop the Giant, he is not worth it at 1000p, let us say 1500 how would you expand?