PDA

View Full Version : New tamurkhan list 2500!!

mistrmoon
24-10-2011, 01:39
Finally it's here! Thank hashut!

Prophet 370
-lore of hashut
-enchanted shield
-lv4
-talisman of preservation
-earthing rod

Castellan 207
-bsb
-mask of the furnace
-shield
-ironcurse icon
-luck stone

Hob goblin khan 62
-Giant wolf
-LA
-SH
-GW
-Short bow

Demonsmith 135
-death lore
-D scrolls
- charmed shield

Infernal Guard(37) 519
-FCMND
-Razor Banner

Hobgoblins(20) 106
-bows
-music

Bull centaur renders (6) 335
-FCMND
-BoEF
-GW

Shireker rockets 100

Magma cannon 145

Hell Cannon 205

Kdai destroyer 325

I am doing this in my head, my book is at home, the points should be pretty spot on, apologies if there are any mistakes though.

I think it could work, the prophet and the bsb chill out in the infernal guard unit and the demonsmith sits in the back corner BEHIND the hell cannon, since the hellcannon is a monster not a warmachine the cannon ball has to kill it to get to my demonsmith. The 2 other warmachines sit off to the left and right so that they benefit from the DS's rules without being in combo-cannon range. Also with the hellcannon in front it has the ability to charge out and smash things that are looking to put the hurt on my softer warmachines. I feel this is something that WoC players miss out on as there is nothing else in the backfield for them to protect.

The centaurs and the destroyer each pick a flank to hold/run up depending on what im fighting and the big block sits in the middle and tanks it. The hobgoblins deploy across from fast cav and try and neutralize it. The lone khan on wolf runs on his own and will go after warmachines, 3 S6 ws4 attacks + the wolf attack will ruin anything except a 4 man crew from a dwarf warmachine. I kind of want to give him the shield of ptolos for the 1+ shooting save but i cant seem to find the points. If they dont have any squishy targets he can just hop in with the bull centaurs or run interference.

Well thats about it, thoughts?

Time of Madness
24-10-2011, 16:43
Your points are wrong all over the place.

Your Prophet should be 375pts not 370pts....

The Hobgoblin Khan is really a mess since they can't take bows or great weapons....

The daemonsmith is 125pts not 135pts....

The infernal guard are 521pts not 519pts....

The hobgoblins are 104pts not 106pts...

Looks like maybe you should go home and look at your "book" first.

The only books out right now are the 300 that were released at Games Day UK (which I'm lucky enough to have 1).

Forge World has not started shipping the advanced ordered books until the end of this week.

Time of Madness

mistrmoon
24-10-2011, 18:17
By 'book' i meant pdf torrent :) before anyone rages yes I have already ordered one from forgeworld along with some goodies. like i said the points were off the top of my head and were (mostly) still pretty close, except for the khan who i couldn't remember at all so i went with what i remembered the OnG one could take. Will fix later tonight.

OgreDan
26-10-2011, 13:28
good job on the points remembering ha!

10_minute_pie
26-10-2011, 21:38
Geeze, TOM, a bit harsh, no? How 'bout some constructive suggestions?

@OP, i really like what you've said about the hell cannon. As a WOC player, I always feel a bit sad that my hell cannon is sitting way at the back, waiting to roll a 6 on the misfire chart before it's strength 5 thunderstomp gets to make a significant impact.

Time of Madness
26-10-2011, 22:13
Geeze, TOM, a bit harsh, no? How 'bout some constructive suggestions?

Hard to make constructive suggestions when he has the points off on most of the units.
Time of Madness

jimbo2
26-10-2011, 23:51
Not nearly enough moveable units for this points size.

Don Zeko
27-10-2011, 01:56
Hard to make constructive suggestions when he has the points off on most of the units.
Time of Madness

The corrections you made were all in the single digits. Give the guy a break.

JaBolOn
27-10-2011, 11:08
seems like a ok list (I still needs a game against the new Chaos dwarf) and your points may not have been spot on, but close enough to get a general idea! Thanks for having the courage to try a list, even though you "only" got the pdf torrent!

Time of Madness
27-10-2011, 12:34
The corrections you made were all in the single digits. Give the guy a break.

Really, what type of numeric system are you using?

The smith was 10pts off.

The hobgoblin khan was over 10pts off and had 2 equipment options he couldn't even take.

Looks like double digits to me (not single).

Time of Madness

Max_Killfactor
27-10-2011, 16:02
Time of Madness has the book.

He sniffed out mistrmoon's BS that his "book is at home" and wasn't overly nice about it.

I think that's all there is to it.

No offense to mistrmoon, but you should probably wait until you have the real book before posting lists. I'm excited about this too, but we have to wait. Drafting up lists and stuff is fine, but your points are (apparently... I don't have the book yet either) off and you do have an illegal/fake/outdated copy of the rules. I think it's hard to have a serious critique of a list if the points are off.

If you're looking for tactical advice on what units to take, I'd check out the Chaos Dwarf specific sites. They have a higher concentration of players that have the real book and they are talking about the best ways to equip the units.

blood_beast
28-10-2011, 12:40
Only two core units? I can't be bothered checking, but I think your percentages may be way off too.

I'd suggest:

- Buy the book, absorb the background and then come back with a correct list.

Then if this list is still something you want to do, I'd:

- Ditch the Destroyer and take a unit of K'daai instead.
- Make the Infernals into two smaller units.
- Beef up the Hobgoblins and then take another unit of them.
- Why is your Hobgoblin Khan on a wolf if you aren't including Wolf Riders?

I feel I need to say this again: I have the book, Australian GW stores have had it since earlier in the week (in case anyone is wondering it's slightly more expensive than waiting for the advance order but I HAD to have it :]). I highly disapprove of the torrents after paying so damn much for this thing - if you want to play CDs, get the damn book.

mistrmoon
28-10-2011, 18:58
My bad, i didn't realize the points in the torrent were an different, i thought it was the finalized list.

@blood_beast: I already mentioned that my book is on its way (I'm in Canada... It's gonna be a few days but apparently its already shipped). Also really? ditch the destroyer for the MI version instead?

Thanks to those of you with constructive criticism, the points weren't that far off.

The reason for the Khan being there is i have more faith in him to get the job done when it comes to smashing warmachines then a unit of wolf riders, his equipment is off as, like i mentioned, i couldn't remember what he could use, in the pdf list, so i just used the guy in the OnG list.

gave it a go as is, but with additional hobgoblins ( played 2600) seemed to work fairly well, the horde of IG actually did quite well for themselves.

Time of Madness
28-10-2011, 19:56
The destroyer is the best option in the entire list. Every army should take one.
Time of Madness

mistrmoon
29-10-2011, 07:11
The destroyer is the best option in the entire list. Every army should take one.
Time of Madness

Thats what i was thinking, I dont even know his full rules but even with what i do know he seems excellent for his points, not full on retarded like a hydra or a HPA, but very good and with T6 the toughness check rule is kind of a non issue. I think i will keep him but maybe i'll give the MI k'dai a go in place of the centaurs, i really like the durability of the centaurs but the damage output is not nearly what it should be.

logan054
29-10-2011, 10:39
I am surprised you haven't taken either great weapons on your infernal guard or fireglaives, I like fireglaives because they are a halberd and ranged weapon all rolled into one

mistrmoon
29-10-2011, 17:26
I am surprised you haven't taken either great weapons on your infernal guard or fireglaives, I like fireglaives because they are a halberd and ranged weapon all rolled into one

The problem with fireglaves is that they are a butt load of points (either 5 or 6 per model, the blunderbuss being the other amount) I just can't justify spending. They are only mediocre ranged weapons anyways. 18" S4 at BS3? just not good enough and a single point of strength in exchange for shields?.... just doesn't feel worth it to me. As for GW I will try those at some point, but they are also way more expensive then they need to be, 3 points per dude is a lot for a single attack WS4 model. I feel like extra cheap with the armor piercing banner and a castellen is the way to go.

logan054
29-10-2011, 17:54
Great weapons are always worth it on low I models, the fireglaves seem interesting simpl because they allow a stand and shoot reation with a reasonable combat unit, if your unit is deployed as a horde unit then yo are looking at 20 shoots for the stand and shoot which could kill enough models to break the steadfast of the enemy unit combined with the wounds caused in combat. S5 is actually a massive improvement against S4