PDA

View Full Version : All the best magic item combos stopper

leecutter
26-10-2011, 16:51
Hey I'm playing in an uncomped tournament (although there are no special chars allowed) coming up and I expect to see all the nastiest tricks. I'll be playing High Elves with BoH and High magic so my question is (since it's closed lists) which Items am I most likely to see and destroy with vaul's unmaking?

tmarichards
26-10-2011, 20:39
Pendant of Khaeleth and Crown of Command on a DreadPeg

Possibly Ring of Hotek and Cloak of Hag Graef

Fencer's Blades and The Weapon Skill Hat on a Vampire Lord

Other Books of course- and let's not forget trying to unmake the World Dragon (someone's gonna bite...) :)

Cupped Hands and Doomrocket would also be good targets, and against Dwarfs the Rune of Forging is always nice to destroy, or making his Stone Throwers weaker.

You can't destroy the Folding Fortress I believe, which I imagine also means you can't destroy a Herdstone :(. Could be wrong here though, happens sometimes.

Xbox360<PS3<PC
27-10-2011, 04:19
I can give you advise on facing Warriors of Chaos.

The really good players will take a flying circus (heroes on disks with a 3+/4+ ward and 2+ armour). The can do so much damage. All you need to do is destroy their ward save, but this is #3 on your priority list.

#2 is to take out the Ward Save on the Tzeentch Sorcerer. Other wise he will be casting powerfully when your casters have been puppeted/hell cannon misfired to death.

#1 infernal puppet. Take it out asap.

Against daemons take out the -2 Leadership banner.

The biggest advise however is to give the lvl 4 life and give a lvl2 with seerstaff high magic. High magic is a great support lore, but life completely outclasses it. Cast Vauls unmaking to draw out dispel dice, then cast dwellers or vice versa.

popisdead
27-10-2011, 17:27
which I imagine also means you can't destroy a Herdstone

Correct. It is also impassible but,.. you can always kill the shaman next to it.

sulla
27-10-2011, 21:42
Vs WoC, I would advise targetting the biggest mage first to hopefully take out the infernal puppet, then the ward save. Then if they have the banner of rage (you will know by frenzy restraint tests) get that.

For DE, first the dreadlord to take out the crown of command, then the pendant.

For ogres, first the slaughtermaster for the hellheart, then the mournfangs for their banner.

For dwarves, first any grudge throwers, then runelords/smiths and finally BSB and other fighters.

For beasts, target the general for his crown of command.

In general, target the best mage first, then lone guys and then troublesome units.

RanaldLoec
29-10-2011, 23:58
Against Empire

The Von Horstmans Speculum
Rod of Power

Woodelves
Ryhmers Harp
Calingors Stave

Warriors of Chaos

Infernal Puppet
The Black Tongue
Any ward save on a Tzeentch character, note you can't destroy the mark itself.

Korraz
30-10-2011, 13:03
Empire:

Standard of Discipline
Armor of Meteoric Iron
Seal of Destruction (although he's likely to pull it against the Unmaking, unless you IR it.)

(if Captain on Pegasus present)
Sword of Fate
Aldred's... spell-stealing box. What's it called in English...?