PDA

View Full Version : Back in the Fray! Daemons 3k

Johnnyfrej
27-10-2011, 00:05
So been back from Deployment for a few months now. Life has kept me busy but finally I am back on track to restarting another army (I have 0 built Fantasy, sold it all). I'm starting with Daemons then working to Warriors after it is all built and painted, I have 90% of the models already.

Here is my first list, this is to be built up to and can be scaled down until it is all finished.
---
Lords

Lord of Change
-Level 3
-Two-heads
-Dark Magister

Heros

Herald of Tzeentch
-Master of Sorcery: Lore of Life
-Battle Standard Bearer: Banner of Sundering

Herald of Khorne
-Armor of Khorne

Herald of Khorne
-Armor of Khorne

Herald of Slaanesh
-Steed of Slaanesh
-Torment Blade

Core

35 Horrors
-Full Command
-Banner of Sorcery
-Herald of Tzeentch joins, makes unit 6x6

29 Bloodletters
-Full Command
-Herald of Khorne joins, makes unit 6x5

29 Bloodletters
-Full Command
-Herald of Khorne joins, makes unit 6x5

Special

11 Seekers of Slaanesh
-Full Command
-Siren Standard
-Herald of Slaanesh joins, makes unit 6x2

6 Screamers of Tzeentch

Rare

6 Flamers of Tzeentch
---
Main battle plan is the three core takes the center, with Horrors between the 'Letters. Lord and Seekers take one flank (both moving 20'') and the Screamers and Flamers take the other (both capable of handling any nuisances).

What are your thoughts? I was thinking of trying to add a duplicate unit of Seekers with Herald, maybe for higher points. I am definitely considering Siren Song for the HoS.

HalfBlood
27-10-2011, 03:08
Cool list,

Screamers are more of a "fun" unit, they generally wont as expected for their point cost, furthermore you can always just remove them and add in a unit of 6 flesh hounds.

Depending on how competitive you want your list to be, Flamers really make it competitive. I usually take 2 untis of 6 in my competitive daemon list.

Your lord of change should take MasterSorcery and should be a level 4 wizard. From here i would either take dark magister or twin heads.(+6 to cast usually always makes it )

Im not a big fan of pink horrors, but the unit size is good, as for the Blood Letter units, one unit should have Icon of Endless War

IMO this list is solid, only thing is the screamers which wont really do as expected. In lists like these i prefer Keeper of Secrets(for flanks) over the Lord of Change,then to counter balance your lost of magic I would just take 2 Heralds of Tz with Master Sorcery and Dispel Scroll gift. This provides light magic which you can always just irris to cast, like if you need to kill a pesky S3 unit.

thesheriff
27-10-2011, 09:03
Looks cool. Minor things;

Split the screamers and the flamers. No sense not to really. As mentioned, Screamers aint top tier by any menas, but they have there uses (the high strength can usually take 1-2 wounds off monsters, making hem a little more cautious in choice of combats).

And, always horde the blooodletters. You will gain more attacks, and cover a wider arc. its a win-win.

thesheriff

Johnnyfrej
30-10-2011, 17:54
Thanks for the advice, here is my second list:

General: Bloodthirster
-Firestorm Blade
-Armor of Khorne
-Immortal Fury

BSB: Herald of Tzeentch
-BSB-Banner of Sundering
-Master of Sorcery-Lore of Life
-Spell Breaker
-Joins Horrors

Herald of Khorne
-Armor of Khorne
-Soul Hunger
-Joins Bloodletters

Herald of Slaanesh
-Torment Blade
-Siren Song
-Joins Daemonettes

Herald of Slaanesh
-Torment Blade
-Steed of Slaanesh
-Joins Seekers

29 Horrors 6x5
-Full Command
-Icon of Sorcery

29 Bloodletters 6x5
-Full Command

29 Daemonettes 6x5
-Full Command

9 Seekers 5x2
-Full Command
-Siren Standard

10 Flesh Hounds 5x2

6 Flamers 6x1

What do you guys think? Should I replace the HoS/Daemonettes with another pair of HoK/Bloodletters?

michaells
30-10-2011, 22:53
i dont no anything bout demons (woc ftw) but i seen in your first list your heralds of khorne have the same magic item i dont think thats alloud

Chacim
30-10-2011, 23:26
I dont know anything about daemons (woc ftw) but I did see in your first list that your heralds of khorne have the same magic items and I dont think that's allowed.

Daemon's magic items are actually "gifts" so he can take mutliples of them. Used to with the banners as well but they FAQ'd it so you can only bring one of each type of banner. But you are correct for all other armies you can't have multiples of a magic item.

I'm not a fan of seekers so my advice would be to rethink that, but regardless it looks like a nice list and you should be able to have some fun.