PDA

View Full Version : Overrun slight confusion

TywinLannister
27-10-2011, 11:19
Ok, I know that if you overrun into a combat that hasn't been fought yet, the overrunning unit gets to make a bonus round of close combat attacks, so all is good there.

But my confusion is, if you overrun into a fresh unit that wasn't locked in combat with another unit, do you still get that bonus round of combat? does this count as a combat that has not yet been fought?

Cheers in advance

AMWOOD co
27-10-2011, 11:29
Overrun and pursuit into an unengaged enemy or an enemy that has already fought this round will result in the units fighting in the next turn.

T10
27-10-2011, 11:41
It seems to me that the basic principle is this: You're not going to create new combats to resolve during the close combat phase.

-T10

TywinLannister
27-10-2011, 12:18
Thanks guys, thought as much, but wanted some clarity

belgarath97
27-10-2011, 17:13
But my confusion is, if you overrun into a fresh unit that wasn't locked in combat with another unit, do you still get that bonus round of combat? does this count as a combat that has not yet been fought?

No, pursuit into a fresh enemy is not overruning into a combat that hasn't been fought already. You only get the extra combat attacks if the unit was already engaged in comabt before you overran into them.