PDA

View Full Version : Fun 2.4k dwarfs with slayers

rob_appo
28-10-2011, 01:51
This list is desighned to be as fun as possible and contain everything I like about dwarfs, so Im wondering if people can offer any advice on imporving it and still maintining the fun.

Lords
Dwarf lord shield bearers gw, rune of kragg the grimm, rune of resistance rune of stone 251pts
Runelord rune of spelleating rune of spellbreaking rune of stone

Heroes
Thane bsb rune of fury rune of cleaving rune of stone 140pts

Core
30 Worriors hw/s FC 295pts
37 longbeards GW FC 506pts lord and thane in hear in hord formation
10 Thundreres 140pts

Special
Cannon rune of reloading rune of burning 105pts
Cannon rune of reloading 100pts
Grudge thrower rune of accuracy 2 runes of pen 155pts
30 SLAYERS!!! FC 363pts

Rare
Organ gun 120pts

mistrmoon
28-10-2011, 05:32
This list is desighned to be as fun as possible and contain everything I like about dwarfs, so Im wondering if people can offer any advice on imporving it and still maintining the fun.

Then you are already doing everything exactly right, I'll just give you a few pointers then.

Lords
Dwarf lord shield bearers gw, rune of kragg the grimm, rune of resistance rune of stone 251pts

What is the rune of kragg the grimm doing? thats the one that lets a gw stay magical correct? that's a lot of points to spend for magical attacks, cut it or add some weapon runes, i find a tanky lord is the best one though.

Runelord rune of spelleating rune of spellbreaking rune of stone

The rune of Balance is a winner if you can find points also why no shield?

Heroes
Thane bsb rune of fury rune of cleaving rune of stone 140pts

I personally like cleaving and fury but people will be throwing attacks at him maybe more defence?

Core
30 Worriors hw/s FC 295pts
37 longbeards GW FC 506pts lord and thane in hear in hord formation
10 Thundreres 140pts

If you are going to use thunderers then try giving them shields they really increase their lifespan for only 10pts

Special
Cannon rune of reloading rune of burning 105pts
Cannon rune of reloading 100pts

reloading is good but I've found forging to be much better.

Grudge thrower rune of accuracy 2 runes of pen 155pts
30 SLAYERS!!! FC 363pts

Rare
Organ gun 120pts

If you like slayers then maybe a cheap slayer hero or 2? naked or mostly naked?

mossel
28-10-2011, 10:59
I really like this list! You could alter the equipement on your characters and maybe put some runes on the LBs standard (immune to fear quite handy, you don't want to have a bad dice day and get hit on a 3+ by skellies!

sninsch
28-10-2011, 11:12
It's very nice to see a list which is build arround models the player likes and not only the cost-effectiv choises and cookie cutter builds. A welcome change to a lot of stupid lists in the internet =).

Algovil
28-10-2011, 13:13
Put an Oathstone on one of the Lords/Heroes, put him with the Longbeards =)