PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Tournament Skaven

Dominic1905
28-10-2011, 13:46
Okay, so Iím going to a 1500 tournament in the new year, and Iíd like to get my army list sorted way before then. Nothing is set in stone and I have a massive collection of models, so I can field pretty much anything, so donít be afraid to suggest changes such as swapping one unit for a completely different one. Iíll explain tactics etc. after Iíve posted the list.

Heroes

Plague Priest (General)
- Lvl 2
- (Additional) Hand Weapon
- Poisoned Attacks
- Dispel Scroll

Warlock Engineer
- Lvl 1
- Warp-energy Condenser

Chieftain
- Battle Standard
- Dawn-stone
- Enchanted Shield

Core

x29 Clanrats
- Shields
- Full Command
- Poisoned Wind Mortar

x29 Stormvermin
- Shields
- Full Command
- Banner of Eternal Flame

x39 Skaven Slaves

x39 Skaven Slaves

Special

x29 Plaguemonks
- Full Command
- Plague Banner

Rare

Doomwheel

Warp Lightning Cannon

Total = 1498.5

The basic idea is that the Chieftain goes with the Stormvermin, the Engineer with the Clanrats and the Priest with the Monks. The Slaves are there to soak up casualtiesí early one, and dive into anything which I consider to be an exceptional threat (only for my other units to dive into the flank or side on later on in the game). The Storvermin have the banner which gives them flaming attacks so they can handle anything with regeneration and the Monks will be my main unit for dealing with anything which has a high toughness (the banner will allow them to re-roll to wounds, and with the high amount of attacks the unit can put out, I hopefully should roll enough 6ís)

Iíd really appreciate any help and advice,

Akkaryn
28-10-2011, 15:20
Not a bad list. But.

The engineer can't have the condenser and scroll. Both are arcane.

I would also not make the monk the general as he is unarmoured and will be in the thick of combat.

I also always give my plague priests a censor. I find it gives the unit even more hitting power.

Dominic1905
28-10-2011, 15:27
Not a bad list. But.

The engineer can't have the condenser and scroll. Both are arcane.

I would also not make the monk the general as he is unarmoured and will be in the thick of combat.

I also always give my plague priests a censor. I find it gives the unit even more hitting power.

Ah, I'll move the scroll to the Plague Priest then, thanks!

What should I do about the general then? as there is no point in making the Engineer one, what should I do? Maybe drop him and get a cheap warlord?

lovedinplaster
28-10-2011, 22:03
Drop the bsb for the warlord.

Akkaryn
29-10-2011, 10:32
Personally I often have a 15 point warlock as my general and keep him well out of the way.

That is if I'm not using a Seer.