PDA

View Full Version : EBtS Scatter off the Board

LevDaddy
28-10-2011, 22:49
Quick TK Q.

If your Entombed marker scatters off the board, do you move it as if it were impassable terrain and keep it 1" from the edge, or is it a mishap?

Tanrel
04-11-2011, 16:57
It should be a mishap. Are there any rules saying it wouldn't be?

T10
06-11-2011, 09:54
What I feel is missing is the rule that says the table edge counts as impassable terrain. I remember this was pretty clearly stated in 7th edition, and I seem to recall there was a similar rule in 8th. But having checked my rulebook, I can't find it.

Scalebug
06-11-2011, 10:25
The problem is that it is written as the edge of the tabletop being impassible, meaning that if your marker (I think Coin-sized is what is recommended, so barring your local currency having exeptional sizes it should average about 20-25mm or so) ends up half-way off the table, all is fine and you move to 1" in on the table, but if it is entirely off board, the rules doesn't say if the rest of the room (or the universe...) is "impassible terrain" or not...

Since you cannot place all the models of the unit there (I mean, sure, you could, but as for what the game is concerned), that would indicate a mishap, but the question is if the marker is put there in the first place, or moved in to 1" from the edge.

T10
06-11-2011, 12:20
I've been checking my rule book but I can't see it. Where does it say the table edge is inpassable terrain?

Scalebug
07-11-2011, 14:29
After another read, I will revise my statement; Table Edges (and then only the long ones) are only in 8th ed written out as impassible terrain for the Battle For The Pass scenario...

So, instead, if the marker scatters off, there will be a mishap as per the Ebts rule clause off you being unable to place some or all of the models contacting the marker.

Count Zero
08-11-2011, 14:47
Not sure it's helpful but wasn't there an FAQ that allowed you to wheel partially off the table as long as the unit finished it's move fully on the table, which would throw weight behind the idea that, save for battle for the pass, table edges are not impassable