PDA

View Full Version : Brood Army?

jp22102000
16-04-2006, 03:09
I was wondering if anyone here remembered an old 40k computer game called Rites of War. It had something in it called "Brood"(i think). They were Imperial troops and space marines that were taken over by the tyranids. I was curious if there was ever an army list for them or if there is anything else interesting about them. I was thinking that a Brood based Legion of the Damned army would be cool.

HPD_Andy
16-04-2006, 06:12
It would most likely come in the form of a genstealer clut...which I thing first saw existence in the 2nd ed. compilation.

emperorattack
16-04-2006, 06:51
Well if you want a brood based Legion of the damned take their list do a normal army and paint and model them to look possesed by genestealres

Brimstone
16-04-2006, 07:04
Brood Brothers were a staple of Genestealer Cult army lists.

Brood Brothers are humans who have been implanted by the Genestealers and acted as hosts for their hybrid offspring. They are fanatically dedicated to the aliens cause, and worship the Patriarch as a god and hounour the Magus as his supreme prophet. The loyalty of Brood Brother squads is cynically exploited by the Patriarch in battle and they are used as sacrifiical pawns wherever required.

You will never get Space Marine brood brothers, any implanted marines would be honourably euthanized by his battle brothers.

Chem-Dog
16-04-2006, 07:26
Assuming his brethren are around, classically stealer victims are overcome and subdued rather than left to get on with it, when implanted they are under the thrall of the Patriarch.
You could argue that a Marine's superhuman constitution would lend him some level of resilience, but these creatures can assimilate practically any race they encounter, I doubt a marine's defences are any greater than those of, say, an Ork.

In the olden days of Rogue Trader they did publish army cards for a Tyranid horde featuring such classics as the Zoat, Squig swarms and some kind of brain bug hosts, they used renegade marines, but they were basically troops which had been captured and implanted with a larva of some kind which fed on the brain then energed in a squelchy mess. Can't for the life of me remember what they were called.

Pilgrim
16-04-2006, 12:21
In the olden days of Rogue Trader they did publish army cards for a Tyranid horde featuring such classics as the Zoat, Squig swarms and some kind of brain bug hosts, they used renegade marines, but they were basically troops which had been captured and implanted with a larva of some kind which fed on the brain then energed in a squelchy mess. Can't for the life of me remember what they were called.

You're remembering the Mind Slaves. They were a crab like creature that was apparently used to assume control over damaged or malfunctioning Tyranid creatures. They produced larvae which burrowed into a creature's head and curled around their brain, thus mind-controlling them.

In the army list they could be either Chaos Marines, Orks or Imperial Guardsmen. If they left hive-mind range there was a chance that the creatures would die, and the squad would suddenly turn on the Tyranids :)

Adrian