PDA

View Full Version : Omega Nu Epsilon

Venatar
30-10-2011, 00:09
Okay i wasn't sure where to post this so i just posted this here. This is my homebrew fluff for my alpha legion

This is the background for my Alpha legion army. It also has some home fluff for the alpha legion to. This is the 3rd fleet of the alpha legion and the 855th expidition fleet (Omega Nu Epsilon) during the great crusade. This thread will be updated peirodicaly as i change or add to my fluffiness

The 855th fleet and its lustrous history stretches back to the time of the great crusade. Civilizing over two hundred worlds before the heresy¨¨ with its Battle Barge Epsilon captained by Lord Admiral Cortus.¨¨ The ground forces were commanded by Thanatos.

His ruthlessness persecuted victory with efficiency and minimum losses, destroying the enemy before they could fight back. He would send a small squad ahead of the main fleet. This squad would be unarmored and always made up of at least one psyker. They would then if the population was human infiltrate and learn their ways quickly. Once that happened they would start a cult of the imperial creed. That cult would wreak havoc upon the population of the world.

When the expedition fleet arrived they would slam into the planetís defenders like a hammer with the cultists as the anvil. The world would come under compliancy quickly the cultist forming a base for the imperial creed. They would then move on with in a year or even 6 months.

Once the heresy broke out they supported their primarchs whole heartedly. They activated all of their sleeper agents in every enemy fleet they could. It crippled many other expedition fleets with in fighting and sabotage. It allowed the 3rd fleet to arrive and destroy the sitting ducks.

Notably it avoided long protracted battles and only engaging loyalist space marines when they had successfully infiltrated the legionís serfs to sabatoge them. They were never attacked always the aggressor, to in control for the enemy to attack them. They were gone by the time any fleet could catch up to them.

When Alpharius fell and Omegon took over he ordered the alpha legion to fall back to the eye of terror temporarily. Once there they regrouped and came up with a plan. Since their grand plan had failed they decided to continue striking at the imperium speeding up its decline. They were each assigned to take down a specific few sectors.

That would occupy them for a few thousand years. Once they were done with that task they were to return to Omegon in the eye of terror for further orders. They main astropathic links to each other constantly updating where they were so all other forces could link up with them if need be.

Now then, back to the 3rd fleet. Their style of warfare has changed little in the past 10000 years. They are still sending people ahead of them to convert the populace. Then they destroy the planets defenses build up the cultís defenses and leave before they take what they want/need and leave. Using this they have brought low many planets working quickly before the imperial fleet can catch them. They are currently terrorizing the Grothean system.

t-tauri
30-10-2011, 10:07
Moved to Stories and Art.

Okuto
30-10-2011, 15:47
Welcome fellow Alpha Legion, though let me help you out

corrections...

-there was no Imperial Creed during the great crusade.....that doesn't show up till the end of HH

-Alpha Legion never fled into the eye of terror, the bulk of them scattered into the eastern fringe as the bulk of them were engaged with the ultramarines....though if your guy bought into that silly idol worship then sure you can flee into the eye

-Omegon isn't in the eye of terror....as that's chaos and the "core" of the Alpha Legion are anti-chaos......the general idea is the Alpha Legion split into two main factions after the HH, those who stayed loyal to the primarch's idea(anti chaos) and those who basically gave in to chaos and joined up wholeheartedly

I doubt if you were loyal to the primarch you'd flee into the eye of terror....that's the realm of the Primordial Annihilator and Alpha Legion "base" is totally against that.

Also you need to flesh out your fluff some more and organize it better.

Venatar
31-10-2011, 06:40
Thanks for the corrections. I actually phrased the creed thing wrong i didn't mean the religion i meant the whole atheistic thing that worlds are supposed to be brought under when they go under compliancy. Its talked about in horus rising. I was aware that the alpha legion never fled to the eye of terror but i felt like that was an ideal place for them to hide from the imperium. Now that i look at it your right it doesn't make much sense. Though this is how i see it. Though the alpha legion is the most loyal legion ever they still use the power of the warp to aid in their fight against the imperium. This would allow them to more quickly take over world before leaving. They of course take no pleasure in using warp craft but the still do so for the greater good of the galaxy the imperium must fall. but thanks i will flesh it out more

Okuto
31-10-2011, 11:55
We use the warp as it suits us, we have more in common with out Night Lords brethren mainly. It just sucks that DoW portrayed them as chaos infused idol worshippin loonies, that did them a great disservice and even GW did in too in the Hunt for V....

Good thing Mr. Abnett cleared that up

Venatar
31-10-2011, 21:18
Agreed the hunt for v was a shame upon the alpha legion. They are not warp crazed loonies they are infact the most loyal to the emperor of all the legions.
Here is my revised and added to background

The 855th fleet and its lustrous history stretches back to the time of the great crusade. Civilizing over two hundred worlds before the heresy¨¨ with its Battle Barge Epsilon captained by Lord Admiral Cortus.¨¨ The ground forces were commanded by Thanatos. His ruthlessness persecuted victory with efficiency and minimum losses, destroying the enemy before they could fight back. He would send a small squad ahead of the main fleet. This squad would be unarmored and always made up of at least one psyker. They would then if the population was human infiltrate and learn their ways quickly. Once that happened they would start a cult to the imperial ways.

That cult would wreak havoc upon the population of the world. When the expedition fleet arrived they would slam into the planet’s defenders like a hammer with the cultists as the anvil. The world would come under compliancy quickly the cultist forming a base for the imperial hierarchy. They would then move on with in a year or even 6 months.
Once the heresy broke out they supported their primarchs whole heartedly. They activated all of their sleeper agents in every enemy fleet they could. It crippled many other expedition fleets with in fighting and sabotage. It allowed the 3rd fleet to arrive and destroy the sitting ducks. Notably it avoided long protracted battles and only engaging loyalist space marines when they had successfully infiltrated the legion’s serfs to sabotage them. They were never attacked always the aggressor, to in control for the enemy to attack them. They were gone by the time any fleet could catch up to them.

When Alpharius fell and Omegon took over he ordered the alpha legion to fall back to a hidden system the imperium did not know about. It was the Alpha legion’s Homeworld. There they fought a brutal war with each other a full half of the alpha legion leaving it to pursue their own fate under the darker powers. Those that remained were loyal to Omegon and the Emperor.

Once they drove the rebels out of the system Omegon came up with a plan. Since their grand plan had failed they decided to continue striking at the imperium speeding up its decline for they didn’t want humanity to suffer any longer than they had to. Each fleet was assigned to take down a specific few sectors. That would occupy them for a few thousand years. Once they were done with that task they were to return to Omegon in the hidden system for further orders. They maintain astropathic links to each other constantly updating where they were so all other forces could link up with them if need be.

Now then, back to the 3rd fleet. They have made their home in an asteroid belt far out of the way of the imperium close to the galatic core. It is closer to the core than any imperial planets. Turning one of the largest asteroids into a mobile center of command they have launched daring raids from their home. The several of the other asteroids in the belt have been hollowed out and turned into massive mines. Any enemy of the alpha legion’s 3rd fleet would be hard pressed to even get into the belt let alone face the guns of their asteroid base.

Their style of warfare has changed little in the past 10,000 years. They are still sending people ahead of them to convert the populace. Then they destroy the planets defenses build up the cult’s defenses and leave before they take what they want/need and leave. Using this they have brought low many planets working quickly before the imperial fleet can catch them. They are currently terrorizing the Grothean system.

The Khorne berserker squads were a present from Lord Jukam of the skull takers who had launched a crusade against the planet for their bloody. Thanatos helped him in the conquering of Pramixis. The battle against the imperial recruitment world had been long and bloody but thanks to the help of the alpha legion Jukam won over the planet for his dark god. The alpha legion fought alongside the despiseable khorne worshipers because it was the easiest way for them to take the planet. They had been running dangerously low on supplies.

In a dark ritual on the planet of Huropil many members of the fleet were possessed by the dark demons in habiting the warp. This was a ritual sacrifice of the souls of these warriors each of whom volunteered for the betterment of the legion as a whole. Their mutated bodies were first tested at the siege of Ubram. There was little left of the loyalists afterward.

A great number of the mysterious obliterators had joined them after the legion promised to conquer the forge world of Dowern. A few bloody battles and piles of dead bodies later and Thanatos and the head of the obliterators were shaking hands and smiling.

Okuto
01-11-2011, 00:28
I'd change "cultists" to operatives as a cult refers to something religious and the Emperor was anti-religion plus Alpha Legion always refer to their agents as such.

I'd avoid the Alpha Legion Schism as we don't know enough about what happened yet during those years post heresy.

Just have your guys operating on their own as thats how our Primarch always intended it to be, lets you have more free vein on your fluff too

Venatar
01-11-2011, 02:01
this should do it

The 855th fleet and its lustrous history stretches back to the time of the great crusade. Civilizing over two hundred worlds before the heresy¨¨ with its Battle Barge Epsilon captained by Lord Admiral Cortus.¨¨ The ground forces were commanded by Thanatos. His ruthlessness persecuted victory with efficiency and minimum losses, destroying the enemy before they could fight back. He would send a small squad ahead of the main fleet. This squad would be unarmored and always made up of at least one psyker. They would then if the population was human infiltrate and learn their ways quickly. Once that happened they would start a operatives to the imperial ways. That operatives would wreak havoc upon the population of the world. When the expedition fleet arrived they would slam into the planet’s defenders like a hammer with the operativesists as the anvil. The world would come under compliancy quickly the operativesist forming a base for the imperial hierarchy. They would then move on with in a year or even 6 months.

Once the heresy broke out they supported their primarchs whole heartedly. They activated all of their sleeper agents in every enemy fleet they could. It crippled many other expedition fleets with in fighting and sabotage. It allowed the 3rd fleet to arrive and destroy the sitting ducks. Notably it avoided long protracted battles and only engaging loyalist space marines when they had successfully infiltrated the legion’s serfs to sabotage them. They were never attacked always the aggressor, to in control for the enemy to attack them. They were gone by the time any fleet could catch up to them.
When Alpharius fell and Omegon took over he ordered the alpha legion to fall back to a hidden system the imperium did not know about. It was the Alpha legion’s Homeworld.

Then Omegon came up with a plan. Since their grand plan had failed they decided to continue striking at the imperium speeding up its decline for they didn’t want humanity to suffer any longer than they had to. Each fleet was assigned to take down a specific few sectors. That would occupy them for a few thousand years. Once they were done with that task they were to return to Omegon in the hidden system for further orders. They maintain astropathic links to each other constantly updating where they were so all other forces could link up with them if need be.

Now then, back to the 3rd fleet. They have made their home in an asteroid belt far out of the way of the imperium close to the galatic core. It is closer to the core than any imperial planets. Turning one of the largest asteroids into a mobile center of command they have launched daring raids from their home. The several of the other asteroids in the belt have been hollowed out and turned into massive mines. Any enemy of the alpha legion’s 3rd fleet would be hard pressed to even get into the belt let alone face the guns of their asteroid base.

Their style of warfare has changed little in the past 10,000 years. They are still sending people ahead of them to convert the populace. Then they destroy the planets defenses build up the operatives’s defenses and leave before they take what they want/need and leave. Using this they have brought low many planets working quickly before the imperial fleet can catch them. They are currently terrorizing the Grothean system.

The Khorne berserker squads were a present from Lord Jukam of the skull takers who had launched a crusade against the planet for their bloody. Thanatos helped him in the conquering of Pramixis. The battle against the imperial recruitment world had been long and bloody but thanks to the help of the alpha legion Jukam won over the planet for his dark god. The alpha legion fought alongside the despiseable khorne worshipers because it was the easiest way for them to take the planet. They had been running dangerously low on supplies.

In a dark ritual on the planet of Huropil many members of the fleet were possessed by the dark demons in habiting the warp. This was a ritual sacrifice of the souls of these warriors each of whom volunteered for the betterment of the legion as a whole. Their mutated bodies were first tested at the siege of Ubram. There was little left of the loyalists afterward.

A great number of the mysterious obliterators had joined them after the legion promised to conquer the forge world of Dowern. A few bloody battles and piles of dead bodies later and Thanatos and the head of the obliterators were shaking hands and smiling.

Okuto
02-11-2011, 02:36
Looks fine now, now just needs expansion and organization