PDA

View Full Version : Couple Rules questions

dementian
31-10-2011, 03:34
Hey guys just had a 750 point battle against my friends WoC (I used Skaven) and we have a couple of questions about situations that came.

1. Curse of the Leper, if in one magic phase he successfully casts this spell, if he were to cast the same spell on his next magic phase would you add another dice that starts at 1 as well as the other dice that would be at 2 for a combined 3. In the rulebook it says (p36) "If they are not dispelled immediately when they are cast, remains in play spells can be dispelled at any point during a subsequent Magic phase, using dispel dice as normal, or dice from the power pool as if they were dispel dice if it is your turn."

Does that mean that on his magic phase I can use my dispel dice to dispel his Curse of the Leper that is at 2 while he casts his Curse of the Leper that puts the new dice down which would kill a T3 unit?

2. Am I correct in thinking that if a unit is charging at a fleeing unit the fleeing unit must perform a Flee! reaction, the unit will flee 2D6" and the unit that declared the charge reaction gets the normal 2D6"+Move.

That's all I can think of that we had questions for right now.

Thanks,

Akkaryn
31-10-2011, 09:59
Regarding the first question.

If curse was cast on a unit successfully then:

The owner of the unit can then use power dice in their magic phase to dispell curse.

If this is not done and the skaven player casts curse again the first instance is automatically dispelled as you can only have one instance of a remains in play spell active.

If he doesn't cast it again you may use any dispell dice you have to dispell it in his magic phase.

With regards to the second question you are correct.

Mr_Rose
31-10-2011, 10:55
1. To cast the same spell again with the same wizard they would need to end the RiP spell first so no, no second 'set' of leprous boils; waiting for you to dispel it for him is also a possibility.

If they somehow had two of the same RiP spell (Loremasters etc.), they could cast it again and start a new 'cycle' which would have to be dispelled separately.

The 'at any point' phrasing in the BRB is clumsy and does should not be read to mean you get to interrupt their casting with your dispel attempt.

In all cases the effect of spells are cumulative though, so a second stage leper hit wit the asme spell again would die if they started out at T3.

2. Yes, that's correct. Just remember that charge reactions happen immediately when the charge is declared, but the actual charge moves happen together, after all charge declarations and reactions have been resolved, so there is a significant chance that a fleeing unit might flee out of charge range if it gets charged by two or more enemy units in a turn.

dementian
01-11-2011, 01:50
Hey additional question that came up.

If a unit is fighting another unit in CC and the enemy unit has a Character in it and all the RnF models from the unit are destroyed leaving just the Character alive. Do you still resolve combat resolution as normal or does the side that wiped out the opponents RnF have a victory even if they would lose Combat?

I am curious because if a unit is destroyed leaving just the Character the Character needs to take a panic test for the destroyed unit, but a Character does not need to take a panic test if they are in close combat. So does the combat end immediately if all the RnF of a unit is destroyed or will you still resolve combat resolution as normal?

eron12
01-11-2011, 05:43
Hey additional question that came up.

If a unit is fighting another unit in CC and the enemy unit has a Character in it and all the RnF models from the unit are destroyed leaving just the Character alive. Do you still resolve combat resolution as normal or does the side that wiped out the opponents RnF have a victory even if they would lose Combat?

I am curious because if a unit is destroyed leaving just the Character the Character needs to take a panic test for the destroyed unit, but a Character does not need to take a panic test if they are in close combat. So does the combat end immediately if all the RnF of a unit is destroyed or will you still resolve combat resolution as normal?

I'm not quite sure what you are asking. If the character was still alive, he would be in CC, so the combat would not end, and combat resolution would take place as normal.

dementian
01-11-2011, 06:19
Basically referring to this from the FAQ:

"Q: At what point after a unit has been wiped out do any characters
remaining count as having left the unit? (p101)
A: As soon as the last model from the unit has been removed,
any remaining characters will count as a new unit. Note that
this will cause Panic tests to all friendly units within 6"
(including the newly formed unit of character(s)) as the unit
has been destroyed."

eron12
01-11-2011, 07:00
Basically referring to this from the FAQ:

"Q: At what point after a unit has been wiped out do any characters
remaining count as having left the unit? (p101)
A: As soon as the last model from the unit has been removed,
any remaining characters will count as a new unit. Note that
this will cause Panic tests to all friendly units within 6"
(including the newly formed unit of character(s)) as the unit
has been destroyed."

Yes, but as you pointed out units in CC don't take panic tests. If the unit was not in CC and shooting/magic wiped out all the rank and file leaving only characters, then the new unit of characters would have to take a panic test.

dementian
01-11-2011, 14:46
That's what I figured just wanted to confirm.

(Upon review of the battle my SV wiped out his chaos war RnF but I forgot to add rank bonus to combat resolution. So we played as if I lost resolution which actually wouldn't have. DERP it was a long day and we are still new)

belgarath97
02-11-2011, 17:41
Hey guys just had a 750 point battle against my friends WoC (I used Skaven) and we have a couple of questions about situations that came.

1. Curse of the Leper, if in one magic phase he successfully casts this spell, if he were to cast the same spell on his next magic phase would you add another dice that starts at 1 as well as the other dice that would be at 2 for a combined 3. In the rulebook it says (p36) "If they are not dispelled immediately when they are cast, remains in play spells can be dispelled at any point during a subsequent Magic phase, using dispel dice as normal, or dice from the power pool as if they were dispel dice if it is your turn."

Does that mean that on his magic phase I can use my dispel dice to dispel his Curse of the Leper that is at 2 while he casts his Curse of the Leper that puts the new dice down which would kill a T3 unit?

Yes you can dispel the casting from his last magic phase in his next.

2. Am I correct in thinking that if a unit is charging at a fleeing unit the fleeing unit must perform a Flee! reaction, the unit will flee 2D6" and the unit that declared the charge reaction gets the normal 2D6"+Move.

That's all I can think of that we had questions for right now.

Thanks,

Yes and no. If a unit charges another unit that is fleeing, the fleeing unit must perform a flee reaction. When it comes time to move chargers, you roll your 2d6. If the 2d6 + Movement value is enough to catch the new position of the fleeing unit. You move the full distance and the fleeing unit is destroyed. If the 2d6 + Movement is not enough, this is a failed charge as detailed in the BRB.

belgarath97
02-11-2011, 17:45
That's what I figured just wanted to confirm.

(Upon review of the battle my SV wiped out his chaos war RnF but I forgot to add rank bonus to combat resolution. So we played as if I lost resolution which actually wouldn't have. DERP it was a long day and we are still new)

I've been playing for years and still forget stuff. Like slaves don't cause panic. Lost a tournament because of that. It happens.