PDA

View Full Version : GNOBLARS! 2500 points

Zazzer
31-10-2011, 06:31
So this is a project I am under taking to create a HUGE gnoblar army. Because I love the idea behind them! Instead of gnoblar models I am using night goblins converted to smurfs and painted like smurfs, I am doing this for two reasons 1) skull pass goblins are MUCH cheaper to come by and 2) they look really awesome.

My goal is to have this completed by a GT in February.

Here is the list:

Slaughtermaster
Level 4, Charmed Shield, Potion of Healing, Hellheart, Lore of Death

Brusier
BSB, Talisman of Endurance, Enchanted sheild, Heavy Armour
Brace of pistols

Butcher
Level 2, Armour of Destiny, iron fist, Lore of maw

50 ten man units of gnoblars no equipment

2x Thundercannons

Scaplauncher

My on paper strategy at this point is to just dance around fleeing from charges denying enemy victory points while flinging crap tons of sharp stuff at him (which will do nothing, but at least will be hilarious)

While my slaughtermaster tries to snipe out expensive characters hopefully
making up for the losses in gnoblars perhaps a purple sun every now and then. the BSB and the other mage are going to try and stay back in long range and within 3 inches of ally troops attempting not to die the BSB (and perhaps the general SM) is going to hang back and try to "scoop up" fleeing units of gnoblars.

Thundercannons/scraplauncher are going on the far flanks to avoid massive panic out breaks. These guys will also be there to kill warmachines and monsters giving me victory points.

my answer to deathstars will be conga lines of gnoblars units with the stubborn signature spell cast on them.

Overall the idea behing this list is to have a fun wacko game and roll lots of dice.

What do you guys think? :D

Draven54
08-11-2011, 04:59
Well, I guess its safe to say you wont ever get the +1 roll off to see who goes first. LOL