PDA

View Full Version : Help with some changes on this Empire list against the Orcs & Goblins on this Friday

Warhammer Lord
31-10-2011, 17:32
Help with some changes on this list against the Orcs & Goblins on this Friday.
I would be very grateful:)!

The Empire

Arch Lector Of Sigmar (General) 294pts
Heavy Armour, Sheild, War Altar
The Mace Of Helsturm

Wizard Lord 280pts
Level 4, Lore Of Light:
Holy Relic
Earthing Rod

Battle Wizard 145pts
Level 2, Lore Of Metal
Rod Of Power
Opal Amulet

Warrior Priest 129pts
Great Weapon,
Armour Of Fortune

Captain Of The Empire 128pts
Battle Standard Bearer
Full Plate Armour
Talisman Of Preservation

40 Halberdiers 260pts
Full Command
Shields

40 Swordsmen 265pts
Full Command

10 Archers 80pts

15 Flagellant Warband 150pts

7 Outriders 147pts

7 Outriders 147pts

Mortar 75pts

Great Cannon 100pts

2500pts

Algovil
31-10-2011, 18:39

The Empire

The Mace Of Helsturm

Nice

Wizard Lord 280pts
Level 4, Lore Of Light:
Holy Relic
Earthing Rod

Expensive, but a good choice, Ward save is probably wise, you could go for the Crimson amulet, for a small wardsave and safety vs Character test or die spells.

Battle Wizard 145pts
Level 2, Lore Of Metal
Rod Of Power
Opal Amulet

Warrior Priest 129pts
Great Weapon,
Armour Of Fortune

Battle Standard Bearer
Full Plate Armour
Talisman Of Preservation

Maybe a bit overloaded on characters, the AoMI works well and is a steal for the cost, I often use it on my BSB, sometimes with Dawnstone as well. But your build looks better vs spell and ignore AS not so much in combat, T4 2W, he still go down. Not sure about if you need that much equipment on the Battle wizard, but the rod is great IMO, how much is the amulet, maybe not necessary

40 Halberdiers 260pts
Full Command
Shields

Drop the shields

40 Swordsmen 265pts
Full Command

Solid

10 Archers 80pts

Why not, maybe huntsmen?

7 Outriders 147pts

7 Outriders 147pts

Nice! I like it a lot, let us know how it worked out!

Mortar 75pts

Great Cannon 100pts

Good choice, never go wrong with that.

Combine into a unit of 30.

2500pts

Overall it looks like a solid list, do not think it is the absolutely most powerful, but some interesting choices, could work well with the buffs from lore of light!

mistrmoon
01-11-2011, 04:55
I'd cut some stuff and add some deatchments, they are fantastic when you know your opponent will alos be bringing large blocks.

Tigranius
01-11-2011, 12:01
If you combine those 3 flaggelant units, you have one big mean horde, some protective spells on them and you can punch a whole in an orc unit :)

Morax
01-11-2011, 16:20
First the changes, then the reasons for them.

The Empire

The Mace Of Helsturm

Take the vanhorstmann's speculum.

Wizard Lord 280pts
Level 4, Lore Of Light:
Holy Relic
Earthing Rod

Drop the Holy relic.

Battle Wizard 145pts
Level 2, Lore Of Metal
Rod Of Power
Opal Amulet

Drop the opal amulet and switch the lore to Light.

Warrior Priest 129pts
Great Weapon,
Armour Of Fortune

Drop the armour of fortune for the armour of silvered steel.

Battle Standard Bearer
Full Plate Armour
Talisman Of Preservation

Drop the full plate and the talisman of preservation in favor of the armor of meteoric iron and the dawnstone.

40 Halberdiers 260pts
Full Command
Shields

Drop the shields and one halberdier.

40 Swordsmen 265pts
Full Command

10 Archers 80pts

Combine on of the rare units with this one.

7 Outriders 147pts

7 Outriders 147pts

Mortar 75pts

Great Cannon 100pts

You should have 79 points left if you keep the second flagellant warband. Take 3 5man detatchments of freecompany/spearmen/halberdiers.
2500pts

Starting from the top.

The Vanhorstmann's speculum is a great way to turn the archlector into an effective speed bump. Combat characters are one of the best things your opponent can use to break the waralter. With the speculum you can force him into a challenge and then gimp his stats by switching them with yours. Then it should be short work for him and his unit will be locked up untill something hard hitting can slam into a flank.

The Wizard lord should be able to avoid combat like the plague. If he does get stuck there he is a dead man even with a 4++ save. Saving these points here allows you to take the speculum.

The battle wizard will die just like the wizard lord anywhere near combat, no reason to take defensive kit on him. The switch of the lores will get you a near garentee that you will get the spells you want out of the lore of your choosing. In every lore there are less usefull spells that you will want to avoid. The change here will let you do that fairly well. Make sure you roll the level 2's spells first though so you can plan the spells the level 4 will get.

The armour of silvered steel is superb against chaff with it's 2+ save and if you really need to get the warrior priest a 4++ save he can cast it himself.

The armour of meteoric iron and dawnstone combo is better against every attack that is lower then str 8 then a 4+/4++. A straight upgrade and probably the best protection you can get for 50 points.

The halberdiers can't use the shields in combat and should be getting there quickly. Ultimately there are just better places to spend the 40 points it costs to get shields for them. Most notably the detatchments I suggested, but I will get in to them at the end.

Combining the flagellents will help you focus on what needs buffs each turn. Also with their penchant for killing them selves (through the martyr special ability) and to dieing in droves to things with higher initiative, they really need to be max unit size to stick around long enough to strike back and have a chance at doing some damage. Also if you do get a chance to buff them then they are going to kill things in a spectacular fashion. After that your opponent will want to shoot them and again the higher numbers will come in mighty handy.

The dropping of the halberdier gets you enough for the third detatchment. First these units can make for great bunkers for wizards as they are small enough to hide between units, making it extremely hard to get at the mage inside. Second they can be great at killing off warmachines if ignored long enough to get there, particularly the free company with their high number of attacks. Next the are cheap enough to throw away to set up more favorable charges with the big units and there for make ideal misdirectors/speed bumps. In short the ability to spend 25 points on a unit is gold in the hands of a crafty empire general. After you get the hang of using them they can be a nightmare for your opponent.

Warhammer Lord
01-11-2011, 17:05
I am very grateful for your comments and I'll think about them until Thursday how to handle them.

Can tell you quickly about tactics on the list. I deploy Outriders first so they stand in front of the infantry. Their task is using the Vanguard to quickly pop up in good position and shoot at the enemy. Best would be to put them in position so they force the enemy to attack them. Then marching main infantry, supported by Light Magic forward. Flagellants will serve as Detachment with the counter attack, or if the enemy attacks them, counter-attacking the main infantry.
There is a relative offensive list.