PDA

View Full Version : Night Goblins with Monster Support 2k

Algovil
31-10-2011, 22:53
Building on a fun list for Orcs and Goblins, aiming at 2000 points.

This is what have been decided so far, because the models are great, and fun:

Heroes:

1 Night Goblin Big Boss
1 Night Goblin Big Boss, BSB
1 Night Goblin Shaman

Core:

60 Night Goblins: FC, spears, nets
20 Night Goblins: FC, bows
3-6 Fanatics

Special:

5 Spider Riders

Rare:

1 Giant
1 Arachnarok

Which adds up to about 1250, 750p to go.

To make things complicated this army is built for fun, therefore I say no to some of the popular choices, do not care for the look of them. That means:

No Savage Orcs of any kind. Would like to play without a lvl4, without any orc magic at all actually, just night goblins shamans.

What would you do with the spare points, to make the list at least a tiny bit more powerful. I do not make it easy.

Was thinking about Black Orcs, Boar Boyz etc, because the models are great, no room for Rare Warmachines unfortunately. Maybe Trolls. Can regular Orc boyz work? Would be nice for a Warboss to lead the army, on boar maybe! Like the thought of lots of bodies and monsters, and fighty bosses! My other armies are more standard.

Thanks!

sssk
31-10-2011, 23:48
Why bother with silly orcs? They always just get in the way of the unstoppable goblin advance.

I'd suggest at least another big unit of night gobbos (60ish).

Only using gobbo shamen works absolutely fine. Fair enough the gobbo lore doesn't have some of the super spells which the big one has (foot of gork, hand of gork), but it does have a lot of very nice spells, they're just a bit quieter.

At this stage I'll put in the customary "sssk advocates trolls" bit. Trolls are just great, keep them close to the general and BSB and they won't let you down (...often).

I really like the normal boar boy models. More than once they've tempted me. Anyway, another infantry unit like black orcs would probably do you wonders in terms of winning games... but they just aren't gobbos.

Anyway, I'm afraid I have to head off, but I hope that's given you a few suggestions

Algovil
01-11-2011, 00:04
You really got me thinking there. The problem with only Goblins is the low Leadership!

I was actually thinking about a unit of 10 Boar Boyz with a Warboss on a boar to lead the army, it would look great, the models are ace I agree. Maybe even Big Uns.

3 Trolls i probably a given in this army, if can find the points!

I probably need more bodies like you say, when so many points spent in monsters and that boar units, might get a deep units of 40 Night gobbos with HW&S, for variation and steadfast.

Black orcs could be nice, but then I have to pass on something else, and actually I like the boar boyz more, maybe later.. argh this is hard... want everything...

Good advice

Edit: for magic are one lvl2 enough, should I go for 2 lvl1, or maybe even 2 lvl2s?

Algovil
02-11-2011, 13:19
Came up with a new list, an thought I put it here instead of making a new Thread:

Orc Warboss: Boar

1 Night Goblin Big Boss
1 Night Goblin Big Boss, BSB
1 Night Goblin Shaman lvl2
1 Night Goblin Shaman lvl2

Core:

60 Night Goblins: FC, spears, nets
40 Night Goblins: FC, hw&s, nets
6 Fanatics

Special:

14 Boar Boyz: FC, spear + shield

Rare:

Giant
Mangler Squig
Rock Lobber: Bully

Spare points spent on characters

BigbyWolf
02-11-2011, 15:41
The problem with the general at the moment is how his leadership will benefit the rest of the army. His movements would be restricted by trying to keep other units in his bubble, and if you are keeping him back so the infantry can keep up, then you may as well have him on foot. My general tends to sit in a unit of Night Goblins, and does fairly well.

Algovil
02-11-2011, 16:29
Maybe make the Orc Warboss a Big Boss, the NG Big Boss a Warboss and put him in the same unit as the BSB with the banner of discipline, could that work. But that bunker would be really vulnerable...

EDIT: How should Skarsnik be used in 8th to be of any use?

BigbyWolf
02-11-2011, 16:48
I hide my level 4 and a naked bsb in a unit of 20 Night Goblin archers, and he tends to stay out of trouble. I'd honestly prefer an Orc Warboss in the big unit of goblins, and perhaps a couple of cheap Goblin big bosses on wolves/ spiders in with the Boars, just to give them a few more attacks.

Oogie boogie boss
02-11-2011, 17:19
Trolls. Many Trolls.

calnen
02-11-2011, 19:23
Squiggies!
Go for the squig horde for some punch. Oh, and all the manglers you can shake a stick at :)

chilledenuff
03-11-2011, 15:43
Skarsnik & Gobbla. Always great in a night goblin list!