PDA

View Full Version : Mono-Khorne WOC 2250

blood_beast
01-11-2011, 00:21
Hey guys,

There's a local tournament coming up in a few months, I thought attending would be a great way of getting back into the game. I've revised this list a few times, but I think I need a bit of input from more experienced players as I haven't played since 6th Ed.

Lords
Daemon Prince [Mark of Khorne, Fury Of The Blood God, Diabolic Splendour] 365 points

Heroes
Exalted Hero [Mark of Khorne, Banner Of Rage, Juggernaut] 210 points

Core
40 Marauders [Great Weapons, Standard, Musician, Mark of Khorne] 242 points
16 Chaos Warriors [Great Weapons, Standard, Musician, Mark of Khorne] 332 points
8 Chaos Hounds 48 points
8 Chaos Hounds 48 points

Special
8 Chaos Troll 360 points
8 Chaos Knights [Full Command, Mark of Khorne] 400 points

Rare
Giant [Mark of Khorne] 255 points

Total: 2248 points

I know daemon princes are a bit rubbish in 8th but I really like the idea of using him. The sacred number idea appeals to me, but it may be a little limiting. The idea for the BSB would be for him to lead the trolls as a leadership buff, plus a unit of frenzied trolls should be a lot of fun.

Any input/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Lordy
01-11-2011, 01:03
Take Halberds on your warriors instead of Great Weapons, Warriors have nice initiative, don't kill it.

logan054
01-11-2011, 01:09
I think if you want to use a daemon prince in your WoC army you should ask the tournament organizer if you can use the DoC one otherwise Khorne ones really are not worth it.

I don't think the BSB with the banner of rage is a good idea, he will just get sniped out of the unit, if you are going to use him then give him a wardsave and charmed shield (he looks so much cooler in the knights).

Not a massive fan of the giant, honest truth is your better with a hellcannon, its a better monster than a Giant, maybe his points would be spent on another unit of chaos warriors, drop a few champions and you might be able to fit in another 16.

blood_beast
08-11-2011, 00:01
The tournament has been upped to 2500 so I can squeeze a few more things into the army. I think I may have to ditch the DP for a combat lord, but I will run the list as it stands for a few games and see if I can make it work w/out tweaks.

Daemon Prince [Mark of Khorne, Fury Of The Blood God, Diabolic Splendour] 365 points
Exalted Hero [Mark of Khorne, BSB, Juggernaut, Banner Of Rage] 235 points
40 Marauders [Great Weapons, Full Command, Mark of Khorne] 250 points
16 Chaos Warriors [Halberds, Shields, Full Command, War Banner, Mark of Khorne] 357 points
8 Marauder Horsemen [Flails, Mark of Khorne, Full Command] 180 points
8 Hounds 48 points
8 Hounds 48 points
8 Trolls points 360 points
8 Chaos Knights [Full Command, Mark of Khorne] 400 points
Giant [Mark of Khorne] 255 points

Total: 2498 points

Any thoughts on this new list would be appreciated. I went out the other day and bought a tonne of stuff, only need the DP, BSB and trolls now. The new kits are fantastic, and I cant wait to get it all painted so I can break in this army.

logan054
08-11-2011, 00:17
Exalted Hero [Mark of Khorne, BSB, Juggernaut, Banner Of Rage] 235 points

cannon ball dead, simple as really

blood_beast
08-11-2011, 01:16
Hmm, would he be able to benefit from LoS, or does being a cavalry model in a MI unit negate that?

sithdevil
08-11-2011, 04:27
I'd take a Hellcannon ;)

I've used a Hellcannon in my last 3 battles and it has worked extremely well. One of the battles I even caused a significant part of my enemies army to flee off the table because of the panic test -1 Ld it causes.

Warshrines are also well worth the points as you have the chance of getting some truly awesome buffs for your units.

Definitely take halberds too they are very awesome, Str 5 is significant enough to cause some serious damage and with MoK you get heaps of rolls. Don't make them go last in CC because you make take significant damage and miss out on all those sweet attacks.

I had thought about a Demon Prince for my army but just didn't see many benefits, but let us know how you go. Also i'd like to know how you go with the trolls because I've thought about including them too

I usually run with a Lvl 4 Sorcerer Lord or at least a Lvl 2 Sorcerer, I've had a lot of success with Lore of Death. Maybe think about including a Sorcerer.

Well I hope some of my ramblings help :D good luck mate

TheOneHawk
08-11-2011, 04:30
Don't be swayed by people telling you to take a mage. You're Khorne. Mages are for pussies.

Get a combat lord. On a dragon if you can afford it. Axe of Khorne, perhaps. Just smash things.

blood_beast
08-11-2011, 06:01
Don't be swayed by people telling you to take a mage. You're Khorne. Mages are for pussies.

Get a combat lord. On a dragon if you can afford it. Axe of Khorne, perhaps. Just smash things.

Thanks for the positivity! If I ditch the DP and juggle some things around, I can probably free up the points for the combat lord. I think I'll throw him on a jugger however, none of the dragon models interest me.

I won't be taking a mage, I'm pretty set on the army being as fluffy as possible (units of 8 etc). I can handle getting stomped in the magic phase as long as something's left to make it into combat.

I am seriously considering ditching the giant for a hellcannon or warshrine. Equally as expensive in terms of $ to get the model, and will need just as much converting. Ah decisions, decisions.

TheOneHawk
08-11-2011, 07:11
Warshrine would be handy on your lord if you gave him FotG. I personally love my Nurgle Lord on Dragon model made from a zombie dragon, using both heads, which is why my lord gets a dragon. Jugger is pretty sicknasty, too. Also, it gives a really really pretty +3 to armour, so you're free to take AHW, or halberd and still get a 1+ armour save. Is it optimal? Nope, but it'll take your 'optimal' ******** and shove it down your throat, immediately before removing said throat completely, along with everything above it.

logan054
08-11-2011, 10:06
Hmm, would he be able to benefit from LoS, or does being a cavalry model in a MI unit negate that?

He's MC, they are MI, not the same thing, this is why I always give my jugger character a charmed shield and get him in combat as quickly as possible.

Warshrine would be handy on your lord if you gave him FotG. I personally love my Nurgle Lord on Dragon model made from a zombie dragon, using both heads, which is why my lord gets a dragon. Jugger is pretty sicknasty, too. Also, it gives a really really pretty +3 to armour, so you're free to take AHW, or halberd and still get a 1+ armour save. Is it optimal? Nope, but it'll take your 'optimal' ******** and shove it down your throat, immediately before removing said throat completely, along with everything above it.

I give my exalted on a jugger a Ogre blade, Charmed shield and Dragonsbane gem, far from optimal but atleast it does gives him a much better chance of getting across the table without getting a cannon ball to the face or being sniped out of the unit, of course a 4+ wardsave, great weapon and charmed shield is a very nice option which will then also protect him from magic that will snip him (3+ wardsave with MR).

mo-man
08-11-2011, 14:30
Chaos Lord on a Juggernaut with Axe of Khorne, crimson armour of dargan and taslisman of protection, job done that model will nuke anything he touches. If memory serves me right he is 375 point's of pain.

blood_beast
08-11-2011, 22:25
He's MC, they are MI, not the same thing, this is why I always give my jugger character a charmed shield and get him in combat as quickly as possible.

I was under the impression that the jugger was simply a normal cavalry model, that just added extra to the armour save. I'm not trying to argue a point here really, just trying to get my head around 8th Ed.

logan054
08-11-2011, 22:33
No its covered in the errata, even if he was a cavalry model he still wouldn't get a LoS roll as the trolls are MI ;), all thats going to happen is someone slams a cannon into the unit, target the BSB and as he has no protection, say goodbye to your frenzy.

I love the jugger model and use it in mine when I can but you have to design it remember its cannon bait, I just find the charmed shield is a must, 2+ to discard the first hit, can't go wrong. If I use mine as a hero then I will have a dragonbane gem for dwarf cannons, crimson armour is ok but it will leave him very weak in combat, sadly KB just isn't enough.

So for the hero choice you could try something like:

Exalted
MoK
jugger
charmed shield
talismans of preservation
Halberd/Great weapon

or

Exalted
MoK
Jugger
Charmed shield