PDA

View Full Version : 2400pts WoC Thoughts?

nurgle5
02-11-2011, 00:25
Hey guys,
I'm entering a tourney in a couple of weeks, my first in quite a few years and I'm looking for feedback on my list. Unfortunately, I had to submit it already so I can't make alterations. But pointing out potential problems and perhaps how to deal with them would be fantastic, as I wouldn't be going in completely blind.

The tourney has set scenarios: Watchtower, Dawn Attack, Meeting Engagement, Blood and Glory and Battleline, so the list is built with these in mind.

[MoK= Mark of Khorne, just to clarify :cool:]

Chaos Lord w/ MoK, juggernaught, halberd.
Exalted Hero w/ MoK, juggernaught, halberd, bsb, blasted standard.
Exalted Hero w/ MoK, juggernaught.

(These guys form up into a unit to become the spearpoint. With 11 s6 and 11 s5 attacks, plus 3 s5 stomps, they ought to flatten most opposition)

Sorcerer Lord w/ Level 4, Necrotic Phylactery, Charmed Shield, Dispel scroll

(Goes with the halberd warriors unit, thinking of rolling with the Lore of Fire to pin down hordes with the cage, snipe characters with the skull, allow units to pretty much autowound with the +1 to the roll and take out pest units with magic missiles.)

21 Warriors w/ halberds, shields, musician, banner, MoK.

35 Marauders w/ Great weapons, musician, banner, MoK.

5 Knights w/ MoK, Banner.

5 Knights w/ MoK, Banner.

Giant w/ Mark of Slaanesh (The Mark is wildly out of place thematically, but i3 is too damn low)

Not an ideal competitive list, but it's what I can put together in two weeks. The general idea is that there are too many tempting targets for an opponent to prevent all the heavy hitters from smacking about their units.

I fully expect to be massacred on account of having not played competitively in yonks, but what can you do? :o

So thoughts, comments?

blood_beast
02-11-2011, 00:40
You may want to consider ditching the 2nd unit of Knights for marauder horsemen, hounds, more marauders, ogres or trolls. All fill roles that your list is lacking. Maybe replace the giant with a hellcannon so that you have something to do in the shooting phase.

nurgle5
02-11-2011, 00:50
You may want to consider ditching the 2nd unit of Knights for marauder horsemen, hounds, more marauders, ogres or trolls. All fill roles that your list is lacking. Maybe replace the giant with a hellcannon so that you have something to do in the shooting phase.

I'll look into to doing that. The issue at the moment is available miniatures, but I'd agree that more of these units would be useful. Is it a case of two units of knights being too redundant? or an unwise investment?

I was originally going to include a hellcannon, but I'm hoping the giant will draw fire away from my other units, giving them time to close the gap.

TheOneHawk
02-11-2011, 04:48
Let us know how that character jugger unit goes. They'll probably get wrecked but holy **** that's the greatest thing ever.